FishEyedFool’s First Grow, 2019

Hey brother, nice job on the transplant! Your roots looked healthy. They’re looking really healthy and your training has opened them up well :high-five:

Hey brother, nice job on the transplant! Your roots looked healthy. They’re looking really healthy and your training has opened them up well :high-five:
Thanks, Irie. I'm pleased with how the transplant went. The ladies seemed to respond rather quickly to their new home with a bit of a growth spurt. I'm glad you suggested that I transplant them, when you did. They were well past ready to be up-potted.

Good morning, all. I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend. Mine was busy but enjoyable.

The girls are chugging right along. I really want to maximize the potential for these plants, but at the same time, I'm trying not to do anything that will stunt their growth. I gave them their first nutrient feeding last Wednesday and then I watered to run-off on Saturday afternoon with just spring water and calmag. They'll probably be ready for another nute feeding tomorrow morning, or afternoon. My temptation is to give them a full 'recommended' feeding, but I'll probably play it safe and will cut the recommended dose in half. I've made it this far without majorly screwing up so I just need to continue to keep my eagerness in check. These are a few pictures that I took Sunday morning.

First a group pic so that you can get a little perspective on how tall the plants are:

JH #1 is definitely the most robust plant (she is about 12 hours older than the other two).

JH #1

JH #2

JH #3

I'm thankful for many things. My loving family is right there at the top of the list but all of you are on that list, as well. Everyone has been so kind and so helpful. It means a lot. Thank you.

Much love, to all.

They look great, FEF. Hope your week is off to a good start.

Day 29
Good Wednesday morning. Today is my Thursday because on Friday, we move our boy back to the Capstone (University of Alabama) for his junior year of college. In just two more years, I'll be able to afford all of the lights and tents that my house will hold. Can't wait. In the meantime, I guess my little 2' x 4' will have to do. Plenty of fun can be had in a 2 x 4, however. Speaking of fun, the girls are starting to fill out in all the right places (sorry to sound so pervy). Since I topped them and opened up the middle a little bit, the tops are starting to fill in that middle section, nicely. I have to defoliate nightly just so those tops in the middle can get some light. They're slowly rising up to the rest of the canopy.

I gave them a stronger dose of nutrients last night and I'm noticing some yellow tips on some of the leaves. I'm not sure if that might be a little nute burn, or not. Otherwise, they seem relatively healthy. I HAVE to order my carbon filter today. The smell went from Home Depot garden center to Pepe Le Pew, overnight (if you get that reference, you're old).

JH #1:

JH #2:

JH #3:

Much love, to all.

those plants look great! isn't one of them already flowering! It's gonna start gettin fun now! :thumb:
Thanks, Tom. Yeah, I didn't mention it because I wanted to see if anyone else noticed. It looks like it to me, anyway. I was hoping to get a couple of more weeks of veg out of these things to build a little more structure. But it does look like JH #1 is getting some pre-flower. And JH #2, really, but not as pronounced. Oh well, the bright side is that I'll have weed quicker.

Here's a close up of one of JH #1's "pre-flower".

"When you are a skunk, you learn how to hold your breath for a long time." (I'm old)

The last one may need a good dry cycle (assuming you're in soil).

Great work, FEF.

"When you are a skunk, you learn how to hold your breath for a long time." (I'm old)

The last one may need a good dry cycle (assuming you're in soil).

Great work, FEF.
Thanks, Al. What are you seeing on JH #3 to suggest that it needs a good dry cycle? I've noticed that it is just different than the other two but it's also in a different soil than JH #1 and #2. I kind of chalked it up to that or maybe a different pheno. You may be right (probably are), but I'd like to know what you're seeing so that I can identify it in the future. Thanks, brotherman.

It may be pheno or just the light but she's fairly yellow compared to the others. Reminds me of when I overwatered mine and had locked out nutrients since the pH in the soil could not naturally drift downward. If that is a different soil it may hold onto water longer.

Problem began prior to this close to the time I transplanted: Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

It may be pheno or just the light but she's fairly yellow compared to the others. Reminds me of when I overwatered mine and had locked out nutrients since the pH in the soil could not naturally drift downward. If that is a different soil it may hold onto water longer.

Problem began prior to this close to the time I transplanted: Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow
That's probably my fault. I'll monkey with the filters sometimes to try to get a little more detail to show up. In reality, JH #2 and #3 are close to the same color and JH #1 is just a shade darker than those two. I don't think that I'm over watering but I'll make sure to get that wilt on #3 before she gets anymore water, to be safe. Thanks, Al.

That's probably my fault. I'll monkey with the filters sometimes to try to get a little more detail to show up. In reality, JH #2 and #3 are close to the same color and JH #1 is just a shade darker than those two. I don't think that I'm over watering but I'll make sure to get that wilt on #3 before she gets anymore water, to be safe. Thanks, Al.

You got this, brother. It's not like we lost another starting linebacker this ye...dammit! Hopefully only the one.

You got this, brother. It's not like we lost another starting linebacker this ye...dammit! Hopefully only the one.
Every damn year... Agreed, as long as he's the only LB, we'll probably be okay. Keep an eye on Terrell Lewis this year. He's finally healthy and I hear he's wreaking havoc in practice. And Brian Robinson at RB. Those are the two that I hear most about. Sorry folks, Al and I had to geek out on Alabama football, for a moment. Carry on...

Hi Fish. It’s good too see everything working out for you. Your plants are coming on superbly. They’re going to make you happy soon enough and, I hope, yield a little “extra” so you can make up some meds for your friend.
“Extra” lolz
Looking good, Fish, keep up the good work!

Hi Fish. It’s good too see everything working out for you. Your plants are coming on superbly. They’re going to make you happy soon enough and, I hope, yield a little “extra” so you can make up some meds for your friend.
“Extra” lolz
Looking good, Fish, keep up the good work!
@DonkeyDick 's in the house! Thanks for swinging through, my friend. I appreciate your kind words and I hope that I have lots of "extra". Lord knows that I'm tired of buying it. And yeah, I wouldn't mind helping my buddy out too. Come by anytime, brother.

Back
Top Bottom