FishEyedFool’s First Grow, 2019

All above ground for 6 weeks thinking maybe the 2 not showing
are just a bit to young ? Were or are they showing alternate nodes

just a guess
That's a fine question, Gazoo... That I don't have an answer to, by the way. To be honest, I had to look up a picture of "alternating nodes" to see exactly what you were asking. I'll check the small ones when I get home to see if there are any. But yeah they're all 6 weeks old and #1 started flowering at 4 weeks. Different phenos, I suppose. I'll see if I can get some pictures tonight. Thanks, my friend.

That's a fine question, Gazoo... That I don't have an answer to, by the way. To be honest, I had to look up a picture of "alternating nodes" to see exactly what you were asking. I'll check the small ones when I get home to see if there are any. But yeah they're all 6 weeks old and #1 started flowering at 4 weeks. Different phenos, I suppose. I'll see if I can get some pictures tonight. Thanks, my friend.

Ah ok then maybe so, I use the start of the Alternate Node as my signal they are mature enough to go into flower.
although I have seen it done earlier it seems to be a faster start into flower when they are past that point

Roll Tide, FishEyedFool!

Good morning, all. I hope you all had a great weekend. This is one of my favorite weekends of the year. College football everyday, from Thursday to Monday. And this weekend typically signifies to me that Fall is just around the corner. Even the nightly temperatures are dropping into the 60's. It's a great time to be alive, my friends.

I haven't posted in a few days because there isn't all that much that is new to report. But finally, after this perfect weekend, I can finally say with all confidence that JH #2 has officially started her flower stretch. I have misreported her flower stage several times now, but after seeing her this morning, there is no more doubt. Just at the right time too. Initially, I had chalked it up to - different phenos, different veg times. But recently, I had become concerned that I had stunted JH #2 and #3 in some way. JH #1 has been in flower three weeks, tomorrow. Anyhoo, I'm happy that all appears to perfectly normal. I'm also encouraged that these other two will have 3+ more weeks of veg than #1. Hopefully their root structure will accommodate more growth in flower. It's actually worked out well because if all three were on the same flowering schedule, I would have ran out of room in the tent a couple of weeks ago. Three autos, of any reasonable size, are more than a 2 x 4 tent can support well. I'm seriously considering buying a 4 x 4 tent just to finish this run. Once all three hit flower, I'll have to do something.

Here are a few pictures. These pictures were taken on Saturday, before #2 started stretching.

JH #1:
JH1.jpg

JH #2:
JH2.jpg

JH #3:
JH3.jpg

Much love, to all.

Thanks, DonkeyDick. I ended up trimming those few leaves off of JH2. In my inexperienced opinion, I think that I may have splashed some nutes on some leaves, which caused the spots. All of the leaves were lower (around the lip of the pot) except for one right in the middle of the plant (towards the top). Maybe one drop of nutes, from my turkey baster (I learned that @rocks911), fell on that single top leaf. I don't know, but those spots haven't reappeared so I'm going with that, for now.

Yesterday, I broke down and ordered a 4 x 4 tent. My 2 x 4 tent has given a yeoman's effort, but she simply cannot contain the fury that is brewing inside that tent. Buds are being blocked by the other plants and all of the girls are touching the walls of the tent. For now, I'll just have just the one Mars Hydro SP-250 in the 4 x 4 tent until I can afford another one. But at least the ladies will be able to spread out a little bit.

tent1.jpg

And for those of you with a sharp eye, no worries. I emptied JH3's drip pan shortly after this pic. I had just finished watering her.

Love the milk crates! Those MH tents look sweet. JH1 is in full swing over there. When your girls have more room she may spread out some more.

Great looking plants ,Fish-they're gonna love that new tent-they'll fill it up in no time!

It used to bother me if the plants touched each other (not sure why) ,but I had to get over that when I started growing in a little 2'x2'-if they're not up in each others business,then they're not growing very well...

I still don't like most of my foods to touch, so I get it carcass. :D

Love the milk crates! Those MH tents look sweet. JH1 is in full swing over there. When your girls have more room she may spread out some more.
Thanks, Al. They're actually beer crates, but I feel ya. I have a buddy that works for a beer distributor so you may see all kinds of beer paraphernalia in the background of my pictures. He keeps my two tap kegerator topped off too. God, if he ever loses that job, I think I'll drive off a bridge. ;)
Great looking plants ,Fish-they're gonna love that new tent-they'll fill it up in no time!

It used to bother me if the plants touched each other (not sure why) ,but I had to get over that when I started growing in a little 2'x2'-if they're not up in each others business,then they're not growing very well...
Thanks, Carcass. Yeah, it's buggin' the piss out of me. I too, will probably grow out of it, one day. But today ain't the day, so in with the new tent. Now, I'll be itching for another light to fill out that 4 x 4. Then that little empty 2 x 4 tent could be put to good use so maybe just one more light...and so on...and so on. But I love what I'm doing. So there's that. And I love what you're doing on your grow, my friend. You do more with less than anyone I've seen. Your yield to dollar spent ratio will make mine look foolish. Keep those silhouette pics coming. :adore:

Touching plants just means every usable photon is being sucked up! Don’t want to waste any lighting now !!

Awwwww yeah.

New Tent.jpg

I can sleep now that the plants aren't touching.
Nice new tent Fish! Those girls have a ton of room to flop all around now haha! I’m sure they will love it!

Now you need more lights and fans to start the other tent back up with more seeds or clones! It never ends my friend.

Just for your piece of mind you can really stuff these girls in though as long as you have good airflow!
I’ve got 10x plants in my 3x3 so don’t be scared to let them cuddle and keep each other company! Haha.
Hope you don’t mind Here’s an example!

Touching plants just means every usable photon is being sucked up! Don’t want to waste any lighting now !!

Nice new tent Fish! Those girls have a ton of room to flop all around now haha! I’m sure they will love it!

Now you need more lights and fans to start the other tent back up with more seeds or clones! It never ends my friend.

Just for your piece of mind you can really stuff these girls in though as long as you have good airflow!
I’ve got 10x plants in my 3x3 so don’t be scared to let them cuddle and keep each other company! Haha.
Hope you don’t mind Here’s an example!

:thedoubletake:
That's a textbook example of "sea of green", my friend. Beautiful. You and Carcass are correct, that plants touching just means that you're maximizing your space. And if I don't get over my uneasiness soon, I'll be in the poor house from perpetual expansion. I noticed once that I placed the ladies in their new home, in about a week they'll be touching again anyway. Now I'm constrained by having just the one light. Damn, non-growers have no idea of the struggles that we face on a daily basis. ;)

Love it, FEF!!!

Back
Top Bottom