Five Grows More Autos - AK49 Auto & Super Skunk Auto - Coco/Perlite - CFL & LED

Update:

HARVEST TIME!!!

Our AK49 has been harvested this weekend and is now hanging in the dry box. Looks like it will be a great yield as all the buds feel very dense and solid, there is also too much to fit in the dry box which has never happened before. So although I don't have an ideal place to dry it all, I can't really complain ;) lol
I did however find a couple of seeds in a couple of buds and am wondering how the hell that happened. None of the plants in the cabinet have shown any signs of herming and I couldn't find male balls anywhere so I have no idea how this has happened. It hasn't appeared to have effected the bud and I only managed to find about 5 seeds all up so I'm not that worried. Just a bit curious as to how it happened is all.
I also noticed the beginning signs of bud rot on a tiny patch of one of the buds. I inspected them all closely as I was trimming and couldn't find anymore so again, not really worried about that either. Just thought it was good that I didn't let her go any longer.

I took a few pics before she was cut but didn't manage to get any trich pics yet. (Had a few technical difficulties) I did manage to take a look though and noticed about 40-60% amber throughout the buds so I'm thinking she is right on target.
The smell is amazing, just hope the neighbours don't notice lol! The dry box has a carbon filter attached which should do the job, it's just 10% of the plant I wasn't able to fit in the dry box that worries me a little. Should be ok though, we have pretty shitt weather here at the moment so I'm thinking it should blow most of the smell away pretty quickly. Either way it isn't too bad when the garage is closed up.

Anyways, on to pictures!!

P4083652.JPG

P4083653.JPG
P4083654.JPG
P4083655.JPG
P4083656.JPG
P4083657.JPG
P4083658.JPG
P4083659.JPG
P4083660.JPG
P4083661.JPG
P4083662.JPG
P4083663.JPG

I'd definitely grow that strain again! Great yield 5.

I'd definitely grow that strain again! Great yield 5.
Thanks Sky! I've always loved what this strain has produced and has become one of my favourites.
I'm planning to collect any seeds that I find and try growing from them to see if it is as good ;)
Any ideas how this girl produced seeds with no males?

Any ideas how this girl produced seeds with no males?

She probably hermied and grew some pollen sacks. Some strains are more prone than others. I don't know if the Ruderalis that was used to make her an auto may have the added survival instinct of self pollination, or if it is just the phenotype that you happened to grow. I'm curious now if the seeds you found are also gonna be autos? I can only presume it will, but don't know for sure.

She probably hermied and grew some pollen sacks. Some strains are more prone than others. I don't know if the Ruderalis that was used to make her an auto may have the added survival instinct of self pollination, or if it is just the phenotype that you happened to grow. I'm curious now if the seeds you found are also gonna be autos? I can only presume it will, but don't know for sure.
That's what I thought but was unable to find and sacks so I'm not sure.
I'm going to try planting one and see what happens. Seeing as there is no way she could have been pollinated by a non auto, wouldn't the seeds have to be autos too?

Final Update:

Our girl is now dry and has been cut from the stems, weighed and put in to jars to cure. All jars have come up at between 62-65% humidity which is perfect and all have boveda packs inside to keep that perfect humidity.
In the end, I couldn't be happier with the results! I would never have thought one plant could produce such a large yield!
When all was said and done, she weighed in at massive 310 grams or 11.5 ounces!!!! I had to weigh it in three different containers as I didn't have one big enough to fit it all but I managed to just have enough jars.

The smell is an awesome fruity sativa smell which I love and the taste is very smooth with a fruity, almost berry aftertaste. The high is great also, very heady and uplifting.

Check out the pics let me know what you guys think!

P4153680.JPG
P4153683.JPG
P4153684.JPG
P4153686.JPG
P4153689.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :goodjob:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom