Five Grows More Autos - AK49 Auto & Super Skunk Auto - Coco/Perlite - CFL & LED

She looks so healthy:thumb:
I'm glad you think so. I'm really happy with how they've turned out so far, hopefully things continue on this route.

I should have the new cabinet built by the end of this weekend which will be just in time for these girls to move in :)

You did some nice Lst on them man, and you started it on time. Be careful though not to stress them too much because it'll cost you in the end. I'll join the grow just to see how things turn out for you with 8 Cfls. I previously had 6 but the high temperature was an issue so yeah..

You did some nice Lst on them man, and you started it on time. Be careful though not to stress them too much because it'll cost you in the end. I'll join the grow just to see how things turn out for you with 8 Cfls. I previously had 6 but the high temperature was an issue so yeah..
Thanks Howell, I did my best to be gentle and only bend them slightly, so hopefully they're not stressed too much. They bounced up pretty quickly so I think they're ok. I'll just keep bending more and more each day and see how they react.
They're also going to be put under a 300w LED in the next week or so as the CFL's are only used for the first few weeks. I would have liked to have already moved them by now but things don't often go according to plan lol.

Great to have you along for ride :)

You should use the Led right now because it has better light penetration and you won't have the need to keep bending the fan leaves. That's how I manage to keep my Jack Herer without any damages while still getting a lot of growth under.

You should use the Led right now because it has better light penetration and you won't have the need to keep bending the fan leaves. That's how I manage to keep my Jack Herer without any damages while still getting a lot of growth under.
Thanks dude and yeah I agree, would much prefer if there were under the LED. But unfortunately the last plant has gone over the maximum estimated grow time so I'm unable to move these until it finishes or my new cabinet is completed

Our girls now have a new home!! :)
I just finished moving them in to the new cabinet I built and things appear to be going well. There are still a few light leaks that need to be fixed and the current LED really isn't large enough for the space (although I already knew that to be the case) but other than that things are good. I'm thinking 2x MarsII 700's should do the trick nicely in this space.

So on to details....

The cabinet is made from 18mm thick MDF at 2.4mH x 1.2W x 0.75D, so it's not small. I also wouldn't recommend using 18mm MDF, go for 14-16mm thick instead, the 18mm is just WAY too heavy to work with easily. But we try and we learn lol.
I have installed a 6" Mixed Inline Flow Fan but not yet hooked it up to any carbon filter due to the fact that it's 38 celcius here today and I couldn't be bothered lol. Will do it when it cools down later this evening. However I have a 4" Filter to install now and will be getting a larger 6" in the very near future. The reason this was installed after being advised it may not be adequate is because I contacted the store where I purchased it from and they assured me it is made to work well with a carbon filter. It does have a two year warranty and after some googling I think it should do a decent job. I will however be doing more research in the future before purchasing a new fan.

The plants sit on top of a floating floor and there are 2x 4" Intake holes in the back corner. The floating floor is so I can stop light from escaping out the bottom of the cabinet but still let in enough air and it appears to be working well. When standing inside you can really feel the air flowing! I've also put two smaller clip-on fans next to the plants to circulate some air through the leaves but I will have a better solution soon.

Anyways, check the pictures below and tell me what you think! You'll notice there are three plants in the pictures, that is because this cabinet will be used to hold two different auto grows at one time ;)

PC143384.JPG
PC143385.JPG
PC143386.JPG
PC143388.JPG
PC143389.JPG
PC143390.JPG
PC143391.JPG
PC143392.JPG

NEW LIGHTS!!!!

So I ended up going ahead and getting 2x Mars Hydro Pro II Epistar 160's for the new cabinet and aren't I glad I did! To be honest, they're a bit more than is needed but I know they will do a good job, the plants are already showing the signs that they love them.
It may have been more cost effective to wait for the new Epistar 80 models to come out but my previous 300w LED was starting to die quickly and I needed to replace it.
The temps have gone up a bit, but that was to be expected. I just need to get a new 6" carbon filter to replace the 4" one I currently have and everything will be complete. I also think that will help with the temps as it will allow the fan to suck out more air.
Either way I'm happy with my new lights!! :)

PC233393.JPG
PC233394.JPG
PC233395.JPG
PC233396.JPG
PC233397.JPG

Hell yes 5 mate,merry christmas to u.new lights always exciting times.they fit well in ur new setup.hope they bring u a big ass yield;) best of luck and happy growing;)

Update:

Sorry for the delay since last update guys but been very busy over the xmas/new year period. Anyway's I'm back and you should see how much progress the girls have made! They obviously love these new lights and other than the heat going up a bit, everything seems hunky dory!!
One question though, I have a 6" inline fan which sucks approx 400cfm with no carbon filter. I also have a 6" carbon filter which I will be installing this week which has a rating of approx 500cfm. According to the store I bought it from they have tested these two models together and guarantee they will work well together and even sell them as one package. So I don't think there is any issue there. However, I have 2x 4" intake holes at the bottom of the cabinet and just wondering if that is enough? The temperature seems to stay about 4-6 celcius higher than the surrounding temperature when the lights are on and about the same as surrounding when they're off.
Question is, are the intake holes adequate and what is the best way to measure if I need more air intakes or not? Help on this would be really appreciated.
I can get some pics of the intake and fan setup if anyone likes but I think there should be some a few pages bac.

Anyways, back to the girls! AK49 seems to be doing nicely although I often find her looking quite droopy. I am making sure she goes through a full wet/dry cycle and due to the intense heat we have had over the past week she has been getting a lot drier than normal but still looks like she is thirsty. Once fed, she perks up a bit but doesn't seem to stay happy for long.
Super Slunk on the other hand always looks happy as Larry, she is even starting to bud up and looks like she should do well over the next couple of weeks.
I lollipopped both girls about a week ago and they haven't seemed to reacted badly to it which is good. I can also see a good amount of light penetrating all the way to the base of the plant, so I'm hoping for some good bud production, espeically on the Super Skunk.

See what you think guys!

P1033427.JPG
P1033428.JPG
P1033430.JPG

AK49

P1033431.JPG
P1033432.JPG
P1033433.JPG
P1033435.JPG

Super Skunk

P1033436.JPG
P1033437.JPG