Five Grows More Autos - AK49 Auto & Super Skunk Auto - Coco/Perlite - CFL & LED

Nice cabinet build and very nice grow you have going here 5! I can't believe I didn't find this journal till now, but I'm here now, right? I never knew autos could be topped, but you seem to have disproved that rumor. I started a new journal too, damn near complete opposite everything, but it's still budwatching in my book. At any rate, I am glad to see you really honed in your techniques and your girls are clear evidence of that!

SUBBED!!!

Nice cabinet build and very nice grow you have going here 5! I can't believe I didn't find this journal till now, but I'm here now, right? I never knew autos could be topped, but you seem to have disproved that rumor. I started a new journal too, damn near complete opposite everything, but it's still budwatching in my book. At any rate, I am glad to see you really honed in your techniques and your girls are clear evidence of that!

SUBBED!!!

That's mate, great to have you here!

Send links bro!! I miss seeing your setup

Round 3 - Capn Style - Automated

I only have seedlings and am in the process of constructing the rooms. I'm near done with the veg, and have to build 2 bloom rooms. The magic stuff I know you'll love when I get it worked into the rooms. Still lots to do, but at least I'm growing again. It's been so long.

Round 3 - Capn Style - Automated

I only have seedlings and am in the process of constructing the rooms. I'm near done with the veg, and have to build 2 bloom rooms. The magic stuff I know you'll love when I get it worked into the rooms. Still lots to do, but at least I'm growing again. It's been so long.
How come you stopped?

I'm trying to crack new seeds at the moment but it's been 8 days and still nothing :-(
Hoping they're not more duds

I stopped because my previous place became too insecure, in that my roommates trusted people etc etc etc. I obviously have a new space to work with, and nobody gets wind of this one. I am way too invested to compromise myself again. I expect the first round might get a little bumpy, but having everything ya need on hand is definitely a leg up. I should have enough nutes to get me into bloom on 1 while feeding the other 4. Plenty of time to build everything out!

Edit - the gist is long veg period, grow in rock wool mini cubes, top feed, GH nute line, 600w HPS, and the strains are Bubblelicious and Bubblegum. In about a week or so, I will add a microcontroller that will then manage nearly every electric aspect imaginable. By the end of my first harvest, I hope I can control every electric aspect involved with hydroponics.

I stopped because my previous place became too insecure, in that my roommates trusted people etc etc etc. I obviously have a new space to work with, and nobody gets wind of this one. I am way too invested to compromise myself again. I expect the first round might get a little bumpy, but having everything ya need on hand is definitely a leg up. I should have enough nutes to get me into bloom on 1 while feeding the other 4. Plenty of time to build everything out!
Damn ay, nothing worse than housemates who show off your setup. Glad you got it all sorted now though

Hey 5, are you doing the wet/dry cycle on your coco girls or are they in soil? Nice cab!

Hope this info helps with your coco grow.

The is a quote from ledrf.
1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

How to water Marijuana growing in coco - YouTube

This thread has great info if you haven't seen it. I dont use the same nutes but I make it work for me.
How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

Hey 5, are you doing the wet/dry cycle on your coco girls or are they in soil? Nice cab!

Hope this info helps with your coco grow.

The is a quote from ledrf.
1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

How to water Marijuana growing in coco - YouTube

This thread has great info if you haven't seen it. I dont use the same nutes but I make it work for me.
How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics
Thanks mate, appreciate the info. I'm already an avid follower of LEDRF and have read through that thread many times.
I have tried giving nutrients daily but find I need to get over 100% run off otherwise the ppm rises way too high. I find giving a plain ro water every other day allows the plants to eat up more nutrients. This could be a misconception though.
I dry to give them a wet/dry cycle so they're not overwatered but at the same time only try to let them dry out 50%, not so there's nothing left. However its difficult in the hot summer her being close to 40 celcius many days and I work during the day, so I'm unable to give multiple feeds.
I do however have the lights set to have the off period during the middle of the day to lower heat stress

Curious why you don't just stick to soil? Might get better results with the way your are doing it. When running drain to waste in coco I use a weaker nute solution and hit them multiple times a day with feedings. As long as you get 10%-20% runoff once a day you will be doing your flush. As far as I can tell my plants love lots of small meals compared to starving and then getting a feast. Watering daily will increase O2 in the root zone as well. Looking forward to see how it turns out either way. Good luck

Simple drip system

Make this. Throw in a timer and you are set up for automated drain to waste

Curious why you don't just stick to soil? Might get better results with the way your are doing it. When running drain to waste in coco I use a weaker nute solution and hit them multiple times a day with feedings. As long as you get 10%-20% runoff once a day you will be doing your flush. As far as I can tell my plants love lots of small meals compared to starving and then getting a feast. Watering daily will increase O2 in the root zone as well. Looking forward to see how it turns out either way. Good luck

Simple drip system

Make this. Throw in a timer and you are set up for automated drain to waste
Soil extends the time from seed to harvest and I like to have more control over what is happening in the medium.
I may try using soil in the future but prefer coco at this point.
I'm following a very well known auto grower and using his nute schedule almost to the letter and I seem to be getting very good results. Plants are growing at a good rate and appear healthy so I believe all is good.

I'll have a look at making one of those, could help deal with the summer :)

If you can track down a digital timer, you can literally program it to pump for only a minute, and if you use smaller hose, you can be assured that an extra watering, or however you desire will not be excessive and keep you close to your 30% runoff practice.

If you can track down a digital timer, you can literally program it to pump for only a minute, and if you use smaller hose, you can be assured that an extra watering, or however you desire will not be excessive and keep you close to your 30% runoff practice.
Main problem is the cost and noise of that sort of setup. I need to it to be very stealth and having large rest, pump and tubes everywhere will make it pretty obvious as to what's going on.
That's one of the reasons I went and have stuck with hand watering

Soil extends the time from seed to harvest and I like to have more control over what is happening in the medium.
I may try using soil in the future but prefer coco at this point.
I'm following a very well known auto grower and using his nute schedule almost to the letter and I seem to be getting very good results. Plants are growing at a good rate and appear healthy so I believe all is good.

I'll have a look at making one of those, could help deal with the summer :)

I'll be watching. May you have a bountiful harvest!

Update:

8 weeks old now and lots of growth has happened since last update. Super Skunk is budding up nicely now and I'm thinking it should still have a couple more weeks. Need to take some trich shots to confirm though.
One thing that's weird though is one of the buds looks heaps different to the rest. It doesn't have all the white and orange pistils that all the others have. It's kinda hard to explain but see the pics below and tell me what you think.
Other than that she is looking really nice.

The AK49 is also starting to flower nicely. It has a slightly longer grow period than the SS so it is slightly behind in flowering, however she is tall and has lots of tops. She has had a minor tragedy though. While moving things around I accedently bent one of the main branches down and split it in the middle. I immediately applied aluminium tape to the wound as best I could and hoped for the best. That was a few days ago now and she doesn't appear to be showing any real signs of stress. I'm still seeing growth on the main branches and they're still standing tall, so really hoping she will be ok.

Let me know what you think guys! :)

P1133441.JPG
P1133442.JPG

AK49

P1133443.JPG
P1133444.JPG
P1133445.JPG
P1133447.JPG
P1133455.JPG
P1133456.JPG

Super Skunk

P1133448.JPG
P1133449.JPG
P1133450.JPG

See what I mean with this? What's the go?

P1133451.JPG
P1133452.JPG

These look nice though ;)
P1133453.JPG
P1133454.JPG

Back
Top Bottom