Five Strains - Grown Outdoors in Happy Frog Soil & Fabric Pots

Titangoddess

Started all femenized seeds with five strains as follows:
Strawberry Cough - Dutch Passion Seeds 80% Sativa (Erdbeer) with unknown cross
Cantaloupe Kush -Cannalope Haze x The OG#18 70% Sativa : 30% Indica
Tangelo Kush - (ChemDawg x Burmese Kush) Sativa-Dominant hybrid (60% Sativa – 40% Indica)
Black Sugar Rose -critical+ X black domino 20% sativa / 80% indic a
Chocolate Heaven - G13 Labs -Chocolate Thai x Haze - sativa?

This is my first outdoor grow. I have been growing for two years but only in water indoors.

Started five strains indoors under t-5 lights and heat mat around April 20th. Used seed starter pods that are pretty much generic from the grow store inventory. All seeds came up within two days. Transferred all girls into 6 inch pots with happy frog red label medium and let sit for another week under the t-5 lights. Moved them after a week to a veg area using straight water and 400 watt lights. Another week later I transferred them into 10 gallon fabric grow pots and placed outside on May 20th.
Had spider mite issues early on so sprayed with Avid on June 13th. Checked the plants on June 15th and no spider mites anywhere so it did it's job.
Did my first fertilizer addition on June 16th using Fox Farms liquid plant food 'green' label Grow Big 6-4-4 and Fox Farms liquid plant food 'brown' label Bushdoctor Microbe Brew 1-.3-.2. I do this once a week and will continue with this routine till flower at which time I will be adding Fox Farms liquid plant food 'red' label big bloom .1-.3-.7
I am not sure if I should continue using the microbe or not as it contains bat guano and earthworm casing as does the big bloom.
Today I replanted the strawberry cough into a 20 gallon fabric pot using Happy Frog red label soil and added a 12 foot stake to replace the 8 foot one that no longer was tall enough. I started measuring the girls on june 17th. On that day their heights were as follows:
SC- 56"
CH- 44"
BSR- 44"
TANG - 41"
CK- 40"

after weekly fertilizing the current heights for all plants as of today July 8th are as follows:
SC - 89"
CH - 68"
BSR - 67"
TANG - 65"
CK - 68"

All measurements were taken from bottom of stem to top of plant. I have't included the pot along with the plant in any of the measurements. I water every other day with an automatic drip system. In between I water with a regular hose. It is dry and hot here so lots of water is needed for these girls and the automatic dripper doesn't do a good enough job to take care of them alone. But I am glad I have it and I suggest to anyone that lives in a dry climate to use them. One good dry spell can do some serious damage to the girls as I had one blueberry headband almost die from lack of water. It completely died back but somehow it managed to come right back again. I am not including that one in this journal. Even though it is a very nice plant I am putting my attention on my five girls that had no problems.

The photos I am including were all taken today. I have other photos as they grew but for this purpose I will post current photos only. If you want to see what they looked like before now I would happy to upload those photos as well.

photo_3354.jpg
photo_4283.jpg
photo_1491.JPG
photo_2433.jpg

Re: Five strains: grown outdoors in Happy Frog soil and fabric pots

The strawberry cough tolerated the transfer into the 20 gallon fabric pot. I was crossing my fingers on that so pretty happy it went well. If anyone can tell me the best way to get her tied up closer to flower. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this girl will be huge and if I am fortunate she'll be loaded down with buds. She's already over 7 foot tall and I'm having trouble measuring her as it is. I don't think I'll be able to net her up down the road so what should I do now to get ready for it without messing with her growth? This would be the first time I didn't alter their heights with topping and trimming. I'm trying to see what they will do. If anyone can help on the netting/tying back deal please do. She's on a 12 foot tall post so I can use that for now but once she gets past that i'm out on a limb… thanks for looking.

re: Five Strains - Grown Outdoors in Happy Frog Soil & Fabric Pots

So I had my friend pose for me to take a photo of the Strawberry Cough, which is HUGE. She is 5'9" so you can get a idea of how big the SC is.
photo_3357.JPG

damn that is big already. it's going to be huge by the time its finished. rock on!

It's FERT day around these parts. Gave the ladies a gallon each of the weekly concoction. If you want to know what they are being fed read above. Because of the pots I use I need only add a gallon or I would lose it from drain off. I wait about two hours and add water to the pot to get a bit more of the oxygen boost they love so much. I checked them and they are free of bugs, mold, or mildew. They look very good. The four smaller ones have started the pre bud already. Not sure how that happened as they are not auto's and we have sun till at least 930 around these parts but they have chosen to bud up a bit. Far be it from me to analyze that :) So here's their heights for today. I get massive growth out of these ladies.
Strawberry Cough 102"
Chocolate Heaven 77"
Black Sugar Rose 74"
Tangelop 77"
Cantaloupe Kush 78"
I added the red label Fox Farms Big Bud today to five of the ladies that are starting their flower. I didn't add it to the Strawberry Cough. Everything is looking exactly like it should plus some.

Well the strawberry cough grew at least another 5 inches since monday. I can't measure it every time I show it attention like I used to do. I have to use an 8ft ladder to get up to the top to do that and that isn't even tall enough. I'm not sure if I will be able to do the heights till the end, or at least I hope I can't :) . But if anyone has any questions on how to get massive plants hit me up. I have done SCROG SOG nets and other ways to shorten the plant but with these they are outdoors. No reason to do anything to them. I usually get around 13 oz to 45 oz off one plant. I grow big because I make edibles and phoenix tears. If I get anything less than three pounds on the strawberry cough I'll be surprised. I really need it. It takes a pound of mmj to make a 60 day supply of phoenix tears. Outdoor runs only come once a year. I only do one or two indoors a cycle. I would not have to grow for a while if it all goes right. Don't get me wrong. I love my ladies and I love bringing a new strain to life every 12 weeks. But it's a pain in the butt if you want to do anything that requires you leave for longer than a few days. Has anyone done a high CBD strain? What was the outcome?

Okay, it's monday… fert day and measurement day. Gave the girls their weekly dose of good stuff. They seem to really like this stuff. I'm sure I would get the same results from any other fert but this one seems to do it without all the stupid steps. You know what I am talking about! So here's the heights for today.
Strawberry Cough 114"
Chocolate Heaven 85"
Black Sugar Rose 80"
Tangelop 80"
Cantaloupe Kush 85"
photo_1497.JPG

Went on vacation to see family. Haven't been able to post much. So the girls are doing great. Had a big ugh moment with hail and heavy rain. I can't say how happy I was that they made it through that. My Strawberry Cough was so weighted down with water it was bent in half. I put her back to rights again and tied her up again. She's happy now :)

I have no measurements to post. I have gotten to that point I knew I would get to, not enough measuring tape or ladder tall enough.

All the ladies are happy. All but one has flipped into budding. I have pre hairs on the Strawberry Cough but that's about it. The others are budding up very nicely. I'll add photos today.

I have added a fert that I didn't expect I would add. My old man suggested it and since it really is not a fert I am going with it. I haven't noticed much difference with the ladies but my tomatoes are awesome… LOLOLOL… I am serious about that though.

So we are still trucking along. So excited this is getting closer to the end though. Just the sheer size has made this grow so hard. The weather is bipolar around these parts. Up to 65 MPH winds, hail storms, 95 plus degree weather down to 50 degree weather in one day. Just not the best climate to do this in. Everytime I think it will rain I get small panic attacks. Last year I lost everything to a hail/tornado that came very close to the house. My garden, with veggies, looked like a salad. Could not save a thing. The one outdoor grow we had lost every single leaf it had but we left it in the pot and got 4 ounces off of her :) didn't get anything off the veggies though they were totally devastated by that storm. Just goes to show you how resistant MMJ is.
Happy Growing peeps…
Oh yah the name of the newest additive is Open Sesame… Used it two weeks in a row. Not sure it is doing much for the outdoor grow but everything in my veggie garden that has received it has gone into super flower. I can't even start to tell you how much this forced my veggies to flower up. I hope in time it does the same for my ladies… :)

Been a bit since I updated, no one reads this anyways. So at this point it is just for me to serve as a record of my incredible grow, yes my girls are SO flipping nice it's not even funny. I can't get any measurements off. Last week I had my guy friend, he's like 6'4" get on the top of the ladder and measure the Strawberry Cough. It's not an accurate measurement since he could not reach the top but she is about 12 and one half feet tall :) The other girls are doing well also. All but one is in full bud. The cough is still at the very beginning of bud. I read that she won't be ready till the third week of October. That will be about a month between the others. The buds are stacking like no ones business. I added Open Sesame to my line of ferts a couple of weeks ago. My tomatoes are amazing also using this stuff :) So looking at about a month till the first chopping. Not excited about that at all. I hate trimming. With these girls I will be trimming for days :( The last three weeks I will be adding a Bud Candy type of mix to the weekly feedings. Does anyone know of a good bud candy that doesn't alter the taste of my girls? Let me know. Not too much else to report. It's been a hard road with these ladies. Torrential rains, hail (lots of hail damage), drought and at the very beginning mites. Very proud of my work and dedication to my ladies. This will be a record harvest for me. Happy Growing to you all. Keep up the good work. Oh before I forget, the one blueberry headband that I almost killed at the beginning ended up being a boy. Going to have to contact the seed company about that since it was a package of FEM seeds at twenty bucks a seed. I should've known though. Girls don't come back to life…hehe…

ah-ha… time for an update. So the girls are doing well. Added Cha Chang to the feedings and removed the grow big. That's for helping with getting tall fat plants. We are into budding now so they do not need that anymore. I also added Tiger Bloom. So I'm using Big Bud, cha chang, and tiger bloom to four of the girls. I am still feeding the normal to the strawberry cough as she has very little buds on her. She's also flipping over 13 ft tall. This isn't a fish story you guys she really is that tall. When I cut her down I will get an exact measurement on her but that will not be for another 6 weeks or more. I have no hermming going on with any of them so their strains are stable. You never know what is going to happen when you run fem seeds :( but I lucked out of all of them this time. The black sugar rose is amazing smelling and the buds are fat and sticky. Tons of crystals everywhere. I will start doing some checking to see where she is in her cycle. The chocolate heaven smells like dog dung. I am serious about that. Not a fan but she's also got amazing buds on her. The rest are right behind but not smelling as strong as the other two. The smelliest one of all is the strawberry cough. She's got a few small buds starting but the whole plant is just one big skunk… budding is going to be really smelly :) I hope everyones outdoor grow has gone good for them. This is my first year doing this and I'm hooked. Thanks for reading. Anyone come up with any bud candy additive? I do not want to use bud candy. It causes problems but I want something similar. HAPPY GROWING!!!!!!!

Didn't expect to post so soon but I took a few clippings off the ladies and it seems that three of them are at a 25-40 percent amber :) Yah!!! So going to not feed them anymore but going to flush them for the next week and then chop chop… How is that possible that the cough is still doing what it's doing?

Well still kicking here. I cut down the chocolate heaven. She was way ready. I'm going to wait on the others for a few weeks or at least till the first frost. My strawberry FEM seed from BCBD was a MALE… a flipping MALE!!! I had to cut him. I measured him afterwards and he came in at 13' 11". So so pissed about that considering how much that seed cost me. Upside is I have five others that are girls :) I did a super feed on the remaining ladies last night. I do want to make a special comment on the cantaloupe kush. It is amazing. I swear it smells just like a ripe cantaloupe. That would be a first for me. To have something actually resemble its name is so cool and this one does just that. Just amazing. I hope it doesn't smoke like that though. I don't think I would enjoy smoking a cantaloupe :) Going to start my indoor grow this week. Planning on doing LSD, Pink Plant and critical kush. I have really enjoyed my outdoor grow this year and it gives me ideas for next time. I learned a lot about growing outside with this experience. It was nothing like my indoors grows goes. I have learned I will need to stake those babies down prior to planting. Poor things get knocked over with the wind we have here.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom