Five Strains In 33"x33" - 600W HPS - Organic Soil Mix - 7 Gal Pots - Water Only?

Belated Weekend Update (week #15)
...continued...

Right or wrong, I went ahead and up-potted all the tykes. I felt I had to do something. They looked noticeably worse each day for the last few days.

Here are a couple of photos showing the roots. Not root bound, but they held together great for the transplant.
20151214_121116.jpg

20151214_121102.jpg

1 gallon pot prep'd with Roots!
20151214_120130.jpg

More Roots! for the root ball (sorry for the blur - a dirty one-handed attempt, ya know).
20151214_120254.jpg

The first one all tucked in (Grape Ape x Sensi Star)
20151214_120405.jpg

I'm sure it's just me, but I think they look a little happier already. :cheesygrinsmiley:
20151214_133139.jpg

I gave them 1 ml of Tea and 2 ml of Transplant total for the 8 of them in a thorough drench. Tomorrow morning I'll give them a DeStress. Hopefully at the next update, they will look a little better.

:thanks: for looking over my shoulder, Ziggy and Nate!

With your experience, PITA, you already knew the answer to your problem. When a particular method works, and you change or forget one step (in this case, amending the used soil) it is logically the only thing causing the problem.

Trust your instincts. They are good! :love:

With your experience, PITA, you already knew the answer to your problem. When a particular method works, and you change or forget one step (in this case, amending the used soil) it is logically the only thing causing the problem.

Trust your instincts. They are good! :love:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I agree with your logic. In a week or two we should know if I'm on the right track. :high-five:

Think that will be enough time? I feel it might take a bit longer for the roots to establish and expand themselves into the new soil.
2 cents.

I do.
If there isn't a noticeable improvement in that amount of time, I'll probably pitch these and start from scratch.
In the past, an up-can has made a drastic difference in under a week. Since these are obviously unhappy, it may take a little longer, but if they still look like this in two weeks, out they go.

I do.
If there isn't a noticeable improvement in that amount of time, I'll probably pitch these and start from scratch.
In the past, an up-can has made a drastic difference in under a week. Since these are obviously unhappy, it may take a little longer, but if they still look like this in two weeks, out they go.
A smart grower knows when to make deadlines. If they perk up they are worth it. If not, better to start again than to deal with subpar plants!

A smart grower knows when to make deadlines. If they perk up they are worth it. If not, better to start again than to deal with subpar plants!

I wonder, however, with us in the Northern Hemisphere coming fast on the Winter Solstice and the shortest day of the year, our plants will be very slow at any stage. There is more to the Earth's energy than just the amount of daylight, and I really do believe the plants can feel it. We certainly do, by being tired all the time, sleeping more, until the days start getting longer again. And we exist under artificial light, as well.

I would not be so quick to toss them if they are just a bit lethargic. I bet after the holidays, they will start to pick up their pace.

I definitely won't toss them just because they aren't as big as I would like. I'm looking at their vigor, color, and overall health.
It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I swear they look a little better already. :phew: :yahoo: Time to wait and see... :popcorn:

I definitely won't toss them just because they aren't as big as I would like. I'm looking at their vigor, color, and overall health.
It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I swear they look a little better already. :phew: :yahoo: Time to wait and see... :popcorn:

You should see the poor pathetic cuttings I'm trying to keep alive. I am sure anyone but myself would have tossed them already. They are basically green sticks with a promise of future growth. Not pretty like those I've seen on this site.

They probably heard you say if they did't come around they'd be outta there... Scared em into growing.

:ciao: PITA., Watching closely since I'll be having a plant in the kit in the not so distant future.

Non-Weekend Update
aka. Return of the Tykes

What a difference a day or two can make for (or against) these amazing plants.
I'm not out of the woods yet, but compare the new photos to the last ones. This is less than 48 hours after their transplant into the amended soil.

Day before yesterday. Limp, twisted, dry-feeling leaves, stunted.
Sick_Tykes_1.jpg

This morning. On the mend.
Non-sick_Tykes.jpg

Tike_Sides.jpg

Tyke_Tops.jpg

The bottom leaves will probably never recover, but look at their attitude. The leaves no longer feel dry and they are reaching up to the light.

They heard us talking and figured they better get off their lazy butts to avoid a premature death. I can see they have definitely perked up quite a bit major!

I set my Fiskars on the counter where they could see them. The tykes knew I meant business. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ther is no point better to excise a fan leaf stem from a harvested bud! But yeah I have gotten the wrong end of the Fiskars more than once Nate.

It is a right of passage.

Back
Top Bottom