Five's Auto Garden - Bloody Skunk Auto & Big Devil Auto

Hey five. I'm glad you're girls are perking up. I have some DD's that took some time to take off. Now they are growing like crazy. I think I should have gave them nutes early on. As soon as I fed them they took off

Hey five. I'm glad you're girls are perking up. I have some DD's that took some time to take off. Now they are growing like crazy. I think I should have gave them nutes early on. As soon as I fed them they took off
Thanks Mioutdoorsman, I found the same issue as you have a couple of grows ago. Since then have been precharging my coco with week 1 nutes and have had great results. I did the same thing this time but still had the slow growth so I'm a bit confused. Either way I'm glad they finally started to take off :)

I started in fresh FFOF soil which is kinda hot to begin with. Started feeding them at 3 weeks. I waited a bit to long. It's my first try at auto's so I'm learning

I started in fresh FFOF soil which is kinda hot to begin with. Started feeding them at 3 weeks. I waited a bit to long. It's my first try at auto's so I'm learning
If you're like me, once you try autos you will be hesitant to go back to photos. Good luck though mate, I hope they go well for you ;)

Update:

25 days old today and Big Devil is starting to really come up nicely. The Bloody Skunk on the other hand still looks a bit raggedy and no where near as nice as her sister. I have the lights set at 40" away however I'm wondering if I should bring them a little closer. Bloody Skunk looks like she is stretching but Big Devil has nice tight nodes, so I'm not really sure if that is the problem or if it is something else.
Both have had the same feeds, the same run off, the same environment and everything so I'm a bit confused as to why they're both so different.
Over the past week temps have been around 18-20 celcius during lights off and around 22-26 during lights on. Normally I wouldn't have any issues with the fluctuation and in the past I usually get a lot larger differences than that but the plants don't seem to mind, so I don't think it is temp issues. RH has been around 50%-65% which is good in my opinion.

Any ideas would be great! I'm thinking of moving the light above the Bloody Skunk down a few inches to see if she is a little happier but would love any feedback on what you guys think

P6143769.JPG
P6143770.JPG
P6143771.JPG
P6143772.JPG
P6143773.JPG

If it were me, I would mix up her own "special needs" feed and increase N just a tad. If she doesn't respond well after a considerable amount of time, especially when everything else is ideal, I would chalk it up to weak genetics or phenotype. From that point, it's then a matter of me being willing to see her through to the end or do I give her space to another contender?

If it were me, I would mix up her own "special needs" feed and increase N just a tad. If she doesn't respond well after a considerable amount of time, especially when everything else is ideal, I would chalk it up to weak genetics or phenotype. From that point, it's then a matter of me being willing to see her through to the end or do I give her space to another contender?
Thanks Sky, you always have good advice.
Being that nutrients are still my weakest point of knowledge, any chance you could suggest how to increase N in my mix?
Do you think it looks heat stressed or is lacking light?

Thanks Sky, you always have good advice.
Being that nutrients are still my weakest point of knowledge, any chance you could suggest how to increase N in my mix?
Do you think it looks heat stressed or is lacking light?

If nute A is 1-2-3, nute B is 2-2-2 and nute C is 3-2-1, and the schedule calls for 1ml/liter of each, well maybe step up nute C to 1.5ml/liter, and everything else stays to what you would normally mix. You just want to identify which of your main nutes has the highest N number, and bump it up. Keep in mind that manufacturers recommend we use full strength, but we canna growers know our ranges, so we dial each back accordingly. It is this "schedule" I am referring to, so simply augment it to emphasize the particular nutrient you want to increase, in this case N. You may also feel to use this strategy with your supplements as they also have NPK values.

The heat to light issue, well I assume you're already doing your best and it seems your best is good enough for the other plants you're growing and have grown so the logical conclusion is your best course of action. Don't sacrifice the herd to save a lamb. Do your best to bring the lamb back to the herd, but you're a sheppard and need to focus on your herd. Some heads will disappear from time to time, that's part of the business I suppose.

If nute A is 1-2-3, nute B is 2-2-2 and nute C is 3-2-1, and the schedule calls for 1ml/liter of each, well maybe step up nute C to 1.5ml/liter, and everything else stays to what you would normally mix. You just want to identify which of your main nutes has the highest N number, and bump it up. Keep in mind that manufacturers recommend we use full strength, but we canna growers know our ranges, so we dial each back accordingly. It is this "schedule" I am referring to, so simply augment it to emphasize the particular nutrient you want to increase, in this case N. You may also feel to use this strategy with your supplements as they also have NPK values.

The heat to light issue, well I assume you're already doing your best and it seems your best is good enough for the other plants you're growing and have grown so the logical conclusion is your best course of action. Don't sacrifice the herd to save a lamb. Do your best to bring the lamb back to the herd, but you're a sheppard and need to focus on your herd. Some heads will disappear from time to time, that's part of the business I suppose.
Thanks for the explination but I'm using Canna A+B as base nutes which are meant to be mixed at a 1-1 ratio, so I'm not quite sure how achieve what you describe. Sorry if I'm being thick lol.

Each plant sits under its own LED so I can change the height of one light without affecting the other plant too much I think

Thanks for the explination but I'm using Canna A+B as base nutes which are meant to be mixed at a 1-1 ratio, so I'm not quite sure how achieve what you describe. Sorry if I'm being thick lol.

Each plant sits under its own LED so I can change the height of one light without affecting the other plant too much I think

Increase Canna A from 1 part to maybe 1.25-1.5 parts. Canna B remains evenly at 1 part.

I would then back the light off to force her to stretch some.

Increase Canna A from 1 part to maybe 1.25-1.5 parts. Canna B remains evenly at 1 part.

I would then back the light off to force her to stretch some.
Ok I'll give that a try, thanks again :

You think more stretch would be good? I was thinking the opposite lol

You're the sheppard 5, you got this!

Hey there. I'm still learning myself, so take my advice with a grain of salt but going to take a shot anyways. On the skunk, the stems look way too dark. I had the same problem with a few of mine when I started. For me, it was over watering and Mag deficiency that was causing my problem. I still have a little purple on the top of some of my stems but most of it has cleared up with a bit reduced watering and CalMag added to the feeding. Good luck getting her to perk up. Glad to see you have one that is looking healthy at least. I'll keep a watch on your grow.

Hey there. I'm still learning myself, so take my advice with a grain of salt but going to take a shot anyways. On the skunk, the stems look way too dark. I had the same problem with a few of mine when I started. For me, it was over watering and Mag deficiency that was causing my problem. I still have a little purple on the top of some of my stems but most of it has cleared up with a bit reduced watering and CalMag added to the feeding. Good luck getting her to perk up. Glad to see you have one that is looking healthy at least. I'll keep a watch on your grow.
Thanks Dastri, I appreciate all opinions :)
I wouldn't have thought it was over watering as it has only been watered twice in 3 weeks and the first one wasnt a drenching. I try to be careful of that due to starting the autos in such a large pot. I'll continue to let it dry out though in case that is part of the issue.

As for the calmag, I think sky mentioned that earlier too. Because I use Canna A+B I'm not meant to need extra calmag but I know some strains can be quite hungry for that more so than others.
Maybe I'll try adding some to the mix as well as upping the Part A?

Is the underside of the stem green? My understanding is if it is, it's Mag deficiency. If it isn't, then it's water locked. But like I said, i'm still learning too. I could be wrong.
Thanks mate, I appreciate the advice. I'll have a look as see about the colours you mention. But when ive had MAG deficiency in the past it was seen clearly on the leaves but I'm also still learning so I'll see what I can find :)

Whatever it is, the fact that's happening at the beginning of life suggests that the recovery will be slow and lengthy so this is gonna test your patience 5.

Back
Top Bottom