Five's Auto Garden - Bloody Skunk Auto & Big Devil Auto

That Bloody Skunk, she's a weirdo. She looks healthy and all, but man she can't grow a normal leaf if she tried!

Update:

The girls are 8 weeks old now and starting to bud up nicely, albeit Bloody Skunk still hasn't really put on weight, but I've kinda given up on her and will just be happy to see what she produces.
Think Big is looking good however appears that it may be lacking in CalMag. So I'll be giving her a nice flush today in case it is due to some salt build up and adding 1ml/L to her feed this evening.
Let me know what you guys think especially if you think I'm wrong about the CalMag :)

P7093804.JPG

Bloody Skunk

P7093805.JPG
P7093806.JPG
P7093807.JPG
P7093808.JPG

Think Big

P7093809.JPG
P7093810.JPG
P7093811.JPG
P7093812.JPG
P7093813.JPG

Bloody Skunk looks N toxic, but Think Big does look calmag deficient. What is the PH in the mediums?

I would've thought your ph dipped in Bloody Skunk, same just happened to me with my Bubblelicious. What is your most recent feed mixup? Does any of the bottle you used have elevated N figures? I notice CalMag has 2%, whereas CALiMAGic only has 1% N. I presume this may fluctuate from brand to brand, but just take note of it. How is the PPM holding? Is it steady, or does it fluctuate up or down? IDK if you're able to measure TDS after going through coco, but I presume so. At least in recirculating systems, we are able to understand how the plant is reacting to feed and other factors such as heat or very low humidity. It all adds up though.

I would've thought your ph dipped in Bloody Skunk, same just happened to me with my Bubblelicious. What is your most recent feed mixup? Does any of the bottle you used have elevated N figures? I notice CalMag has 2%, whereas CALiMAGic only has 1% N. I presume this may fluctuate from brand to brand, but just take note of it. How is the PPM holding? Is it steady, or does it fluctuate up or down? IDK if you're able to measure TDS after going through coco, but I presume so. At least in recirculating systems, we are able to understand how the plant is reacting to feed and other factors such as heat or very low humidity. It all adds up though.
I've always had higher pH readings I run off but never could work out why.
Ppm is steady though
I used CaliMagic so 1% there, otherwise it has just been the Cann Coco A+B mix

Update:

Same old in this garden however I think it looks like another two weeks until flush. Would love some opinions on that though.

P7213814.JPG

Bloody Skunk - I'm loving the colour of this girl even though she is a bit of a stick figure. Hopefully I can get a good one growing in the
future!

P7213815.JPG
P7213816.JPG
P7213817.JPG
P7213818.JPG
P7213819.JPG
P7213821.JPG
P7213822.JPG

Big Devil

P7213823.JPG
P7213824.JPG
P7213826.JPG
P7213827.JPG
P7213828.JPG

Update:

Girls are 10 weeks old and are looking pretty close to harvest time. I took some trich pics today and from what I can see most are still pretty clear, although it's really hard to tell on the Bloody Skunk cause of her colour.
Big Devil looks a little more cloudy but I don't think she is ready yet.

Let me know what you guys think and how long they might need.

Bloody Skunk

Photo_on_25-7-17_at_9_31_pm.jpg
Photo_on_25-7-17_at_9_30_pm.jpg
Photo_on_25-7-17_at_9_32_pm.jpg
Photo_on_25-7-17_at_9_33_pm_2_2.jpg
Photo_on_25-7-17_at_9_33_pm.jpg
Photo_on_25-7-17_at_9_35_pm.jpg

Big Devil

Photo_on_25-7-17_at_9_36_pm.jpg
Photo_on_25-7-17_at_9_37_pm_2.jpg
Photo_on_25-7-17_at_9_37_pm.jpg
Photo_on_25-7-17_at_9_38_pm.jpg

hey 5, sup mang ?

You still growin nice autos ay.
I got a couple autos i popped last month.

attempting to reverse pollen a ripleys og.
go a couple gorilla glue autos.

under hps in soil/perlite 20L pots.
left em under t5s at beginning in 1litre pots then they went into soil/perlite 20L pots around 2 weeks ago today.

keep up the good work, i'm working on fastbuds and mephisto genetics too btw.
my fav autoflowers.
straight in the ground these strains go up to 300g
big in recirc, dwc indoors setups too !.

good to see ya growin well 5..

^5 el m80

Those pics are hard to see. I could've sworn I saw a few amber trics, but it's just too hard to say for sure. Do you have a high powered jewelers loupe, or even better, a USB microscope? I just got the USB scope the other day, and just dickin around snapped a pick of the inside of my grinder.

Capture169.JPG

I clearly could have left this one in for another week, but I'd guess it to be around 2% amber trics. Once I get a phone adapter in 2 days, I think I could even shoot videos of the closeups for further analysis.

Those pics are hard to see. I could've sworn I saw a few amber trics, but it's just too hard to say for sure. Do you have a high powered jewelers loupe, or even better, a USB microscope? I just got the USB scope the other day, and just dickin around snapped a pick of the inside of my grinder.

Capture169.JPG

I clearly could have left this one in for another week, but I'd guess it to be around 2% amber trics. Once I get a phone adapter in 2 days, I think I could even shoot videos of the closeups for further analysis.
Thanks Sky, I used a usb microscope to take those haha. The Bloody Skunk is almost impossible to see though

How's it hangin 5?

How many days = "shortly"? Jkjk, I forgot all my journals for a few weeks too. Man, they're just stacked up all over the place. Stay green brother!

How many days = "shortly"? Jkjk, I forgot all my journals for a few weeks too. Man, they're just stacked up all over the place. Stay green brother!
Shortly meant within 24 hours lol. I then forgot due to flying out to Denver for a holiday haha.
I have a friend watering them at the moment but will have to wait until the weekend when I get home to get some pics.
Sorry dude lol, but a Colorado weed holiday kinda took over my mind lol

Awesome man! Hope ya sent yourself a nice care package back down under.

Update:

Sorry about the delay guys but I've been holidaying in Colorado for a couple of weeks. I had a mate watering the girls in the mean time but just with plain water so they would be ready for harvest when I returned.
Harvest has been done now and all buds are hanging in the dry box. Not sure if it was too late or too early to harvest but the girls are 14 weeks old so I think they should be well past due.
Bloody Skunk looks like she was ready about a week or more ago but I can't really tell with the Big Devil. I think she looks like she is well ready but you guys can let me know what you think.

Also, this time I washed about half the buds on each plant and left the other half unwashed to see if there is a difference in taste or potency. I know people have had this lab tested and shown no loss of potency but I'm curious to see for myself and also to see if I may be doing it wrong.

Anyways, here are the last pics of the girls so please enjoy, although the pics didn't turn out the best, sorry.

Bloody Skunk

P8233975.JPG
P8233976.JPG
P8233977.JPG
P8233978.JPG
P8233979.JPG
P8233980.JPG
Photo_on_23-8-17_at_11_22_am_2.jpg
Photo_on_23-8-17_at_11_22_am.jpg
Photo_on_23-8-17_at_11_22_am_3.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/Photo_on_23-8-17_at_11_23_am.jpg[/img

Big Devil

[img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/P8233981.JPG
P8233982.JPG
P8233983.JPG
P8233984.JPG
P8233985.JPG
P8233986.JPG
Photo_on_23-8-17_at_12_02_pm.jpg
]
Photo_on_23-8-17_at_12_03_pm.jpg
Photo_on_23-8-17_at_12_02_pm_2.jpg
Photo_on_23-8-17_at_12_04_pm_2.jpg

Final Update:

So yields weren't great but I was expecting that. We got just over 2 ounces from the Big Devil (not so big this time lol) and about 20 grams from the Bloody Skunk.
I can't complain about the quality though, both plants are very potent, have great smells and great taste.
Bloody skunk has a very skunky/earthy smell but has a very spicy, almost peppery taste. It gives a nice relaxing head high that seems to last for a good while.
Big Devil on the other hand is much more sativa like. It has a more fruity smell and taste but also gives a nice relaxing head high but with a bit more of an uplifting feeling.

All in all I'm happy with the sample I received and will definitely try growing these strains again, just under better conditions next time. I belie the issues were down to the environment, particularly the temperature fluctuations. Temps were anywhere between 15-30 celcius and I think this really stressed them, especially since this was happening since their birth.

Next time should be much better so see below for link to new journal!

Back
Top Bottom