Five's Auto Garden - Bubble Kush Auto & Think Big Auto

Update:

So the cabinet is has been a little spacier for the past week as the AK49 from the last grow has been harvested. These two girls can now spread out and take up all the light they want.
I have noticed that they look pretty close to being ready, so I took some trich pics for you guys to take a look at. I'm seriously considering starting flush tomorrow and harvest next weekend as there looks to be a good amount of trichs on a good majority of the buds.
Take a look a these and let me know what you guys think!

Bubble Kush

Photo_on_15-04-17_at_1_52_AM.jpg

Photo_on_15-04-17_at_1_53_AM.jpg
Photo_on_15-04-17_at_1_53_AM_2.jpg

Photo_on_15-04-17_at_1_55_AM.jpg

Think Big

Photo_on_15-04-17_at_1_57_AM.jpg

Photo_on_15-04-17_at_1_58_AM.jpg
Photo_on_15-04-17_at_1_59_AM.jpg
Photo_on_15-04-17_at_1_59_AM_2.jpg
Photo_on_15-04-17_at_2_00_AM.jpg
Photo_on_15-04-17_at_2_00_AM_2.jpg

I would start flushing once u see amber trichs. I don't like the sleepy high as much and In my opinion once u get more than 25% Amber u get more of that type of high because they continue to turn after harvest and during cure. Check to make sure the top of the buds stop growing white pistils and the orange ones start to recede and start to swell is when u should start flush. My ripper badazz wasn't ready to be flushed and now is ready and really bulked up to my eyes
420-magazine-mobile1769969593.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1005073206.jpg
u can see the hairs still pushing out on the first pic compared to the second. Alot of weight put on in that time. So don't flush into you see less white hairs

I like your first suggestions jgrowlove! I mean the trics look lovely 5, not too many are still clear, most look nice and milky with the rest not so clear, translucent might be a better description? I even spotted maybe 5% amber trics, but then I noticed there were still many green pistils that indicates she's not fully ripe yet. He also mentioned that she'll pack on a lot more weight when she swells up, so that's the plus side. I bet she can do another 4-7 days before flushing. Perhaps decreasing nute strength by half if you feed every watering, otherwise, if you still feed every other, than I'd wait till the last of the pistils amber and lay down to start a flush.

I like your first suggestions jgrowlove! I mean the trics look lovely 5, not too many are still clear, most look nice and milky with the rest not so clear, translucent might be a better description? I even spotted maybe 5% amber trics, but then I noticed there were still many green pistils that indicates she's not fully ripe yet. He also mentioned that she'll pack on a lot more weight when she swells up, so that's the plus side. I bet she can do another 4-7 days before flushing. Perhaps decreasing nute strength by half if you feed every watering, otherwise, if you still feed every other, than I'd wait till the last of the pistils amber and lay down to start a flush.
Thanks Sky, I'll give them both another week and keep an eye on them.
I notice the Think Big isn't eating as much as the Bubble Kush, would lowering the feeds be beneficial?
I would start flushing once u see amber trichs. I don't like the sleepy high as much and In my opinion once u get more than 25% Amber u get more of that type of high because they continue to turn after harvest and during cure. Check to make sure the top of the buds stop growing white pistils and the orange ones start to recede and start to swell is when u should start flush. My ripper badazz wasn't ready to be flushed and now is ready and really bulked up to my eyes
420-magazine-mobile1769969593.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1005073206.jpg
u can see the hairs still pushing out on the first pic compared to the second. Alot of weight put on in that time. So don't flush into you see less white hairs

It's hard to tell in your up close pics bt u could start to flush if u don't see any more white hairs growing. I personally wait until then before I start to flush or check for Amber trichs.
Thanks Jgrow, I'll keep them going for another week or so .

Update:

So the girls are 12 weeks old now and still growing. I will keep them going for at least another week but try to snap some more trich shots in that time so you guys can see their progression. I would expect the Bubble Kush to finish first as she is meant to be an 8 week strain, whereas the Think Big is a 12 week strain. I've learnt not to go off what the manufacturer advertises but I would still think the Bubble Kush should finish first and be ready soon.

I have also noticed some dried up leaves on the Bubble Kush, almost like she is thirsty but the coco is always moist and she hasn't been starved at all. I can only see this on two of the bud sites and the rest look fine but it is a little concerning.

Think Big looks gorgeous as always though, no problems can be seen other than the fact that her buds are too heavy for her stems and I've had to prop them up with bamboo sticks. Can't really call that a problem though as fat buds are exactly what we want lol.

Anyways, some pics of the girls

P4153665.JPG

Bubble Kush

P4153666.JPG
P4153667.JPG
P4153668.JPG
P4153669.JPG
P4153670.JPG
P4153671.JPG

Think Big

P4153672.JPG
P4153673.JPG
P4153674.JPG
P4153675.JPG
P4153676.JPG
P4153677.JPG
P4153678.JPG
P4153679.JPG

I'd start to pull large fan leaves, especially the necrotic looking ones. Almost looks a bit like some bud rot, none the less, the fan leaves need to come off. Not all in one sitting of course. Use good judgment of how many to remove each day. Don't pull any of the sugar leaves, just the large fan leaves.

I don't know how to gauge food-water consumption in DTW. In recirc, I know the starting PPM and periodic measurements are taken. If PPM climbs, then she's drinking and not eating so much so I could just add back in some RO. If the PPM plummets, I can replenish the nutes along the way. But in coco, I am clueless how to read all that.

I'd start to pull large fan leaves, especially the necrotic looking ones. Almost looks a bit like some bud rot, none the less, the fan leaves need to come off. Not all in one sitting of course. Use good judgment of how many to remove each day. Don't pull any of the sugar leaves, just the large fan leaves.

I don't know how to gauge food-water consumption in DTW. In recirc, I know the starting PPM and periodic measurements are taken. If PPM climbs, then she's drinking and not eating so much so I could just add back in some RO. If the PPM plummets, I can replenish the nutes along the way. But in coco, I am clueless how to read all that.
Thanks for the advice Sky, I'll start removing some leaves from today. Is it better to remove leaves from the bottom first and work upwards over a few days or the opposite? Or does it not matter?

Just pull the leaves that are dying. U can pull most of them if ur gonna harvest in a week. Should hold up fine. Check for any bud rot like sky said. If u see any than around the spots where leaves are dying than harvest immediately and cut out the bad parts. If not then I would flush as much water I could thru her and pull her down soon. Rather safe than sorry if u wait too long

Looks ready to flush in my eyes. Looks plenty ready. Great job. Should yield good in a week or so!

Just pull the leaves that are dying. U can pull most of them if ur gonna harvest in a week. Should hold up fine. Check for any bud rot like sky said. If u see any than around the spots where leaves are dying than harvest immediately and cut out the bad parts. If not then I would flush as much water I could thru her and pull her down soon. Rather safe than sorry if u wait too long
Thanks Jgrow. I'll check out to make sure there is no bud rot and will start flushing next week .

Update:

Girls are just over 13 weeks old now and the Bubble Kush is being flushed. There seems to be a lot of the plant dying, which I can't really understand but I sampled a but the other day was still pretty good to smoke. Quite flavourful and potent, so I'll see how she goes.
Think Big is still being fed around 800ppm and lapping it up. I think she has another week or two and I will start to flush her too.

P4253718.JPG
P4253717.JPG

P4253692.JPG

Bubble Kush

P4253693.JPG
P4253694.JPG
P4253695.JPG
P4253696.JPG
P4253697.JPG
P4253698.JPG
P4253701.JPG

Think Big

P4253702.JPG
P4253703.JPG
P4253704.JPG
P4253705.JPG
P4253706.JPG
P4253711.JPG
P4253714.JPG

I think you may have some mold.

I don't really know 5, I haven't yet had the problem (knock on wood), I was just spit balling a guess. Have you done any searching for possible issues? My other guess is light burn because the left plant (third pic) seems to have browned on the highest colas oriented around the center whereas the rest of the plant is a nice shade of green. But it also appears that the light above the left plant is actually a few cm higher than the light next to it, so I would think the plant on the right to be more susceptible to a burn issue, yet she remains beautiful and even colored. Perhaps also, the left plant is more susceptible to nute burn? Do you have different mixtures for each plant?

I would pull the bubble kush asap. Flushed or not. If u let those leaves die and brown up it will infect the buds. Definitely check really good. Looks thick and mature. The flush only sleeps up the curing process. I've harvested plants without a flush and they have turned out great. Just took a week longer to cure into the smell and taste I expected. Don't lose all that great bud!!!

I don't really know 5, I haven't yet had the problem (knock on wood), I was just spit balling a guess. Have you done any searching for possible issues? My other guess is light burn because the left plant (third pic) seems to have browned on the highest colas oriented around the center whereas the rest of the plant is a nice shade of green. But it also appears that the light above the left plant is actually a few cm higher than the light next to it, so I would think the plant on the right to be more susceptible to a burn issue, yet she remains beautiful and even colored. Perhaps also, the left plant is more susceptible to nute burn? Do you have different mixtures for each plant?
Yeah done some searching but found nothing that looks the same. Bud rot seems the closest but it's so dry it's hard to tell, smokes alright though so can't be too bad I don't think.

I would pull the bubble kush asap. Flushed or not. If u let those leaves die and brown up it will infect the buds. Definitely check really good. Looks thick and mature. The flush only sleeps up the curing process. I've harvested plants without a flush and they have turned out great. Just took a week longer to cure into the smell and taste I expected. Don't lose all that great bud!!!
The soonest I can is the weekend and she will come out then. If I can get time before that I will
Thanks for the advice :)

Update:

Both plants have now been harvested with Bubble Kush being first, last week and then Think Big over the weekend.
I didn't wash the buds this time as I have been travelling with work and haven't had the time I would like to spend on them. I did notice that the Bubble Kush did take twice as long to dry this time which I think may be due to the lack of washing and buds taste a little harsh at this point which may also be related. However it's now been jarred and curing away in the cupboard. Hopefully after a couple of weeks in there the smoke will be much smoother. There didn't seem to be any difference between the brown and green buds though.
Bubble Kush was weighed tonight and came in at 91 grams + 3 grams I already smoked. So 94g all up which is pretty alright I think :)

Think Big is still hanging in the dry box for now and I'm guessing will be until the end of the week, so will update a smoke report then.

Here are some pics from just before and during harvest

P4253692.JPG

P4253717.JPG

P4253718.JPG
P42536921.JPG

Bubble Kush

P4253693.JPG
P4253694.JPG
P4253695.JPG
P4253696.JPG
P4253697.JPG
P4253698.JPG