Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2 x AK49 & 1 x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

Sorry I'm late! Looking good!
:popcorn:

Far out five those girls did stretch a hell of alot between updates. Oh the joy of auto growth im slowly leaning toward doing another auto grow at some point lol
If you start watering with nutes everyday i find its good to give them a plain ph'd water here and there just help make sure an excess waste or salt gets flushed out. Not too sure been awhile since i watered each day in coco.
Good thing about coco is you can water with almost any frequency couple of times a day to once every 4 days depending on watering size and heat in tent.
Looks great though man your doing well :thumb:

Far out five those girls did stretch a hell of alot between updates. Oh the joy of auto growth im slowly leaning toward doing another auto grow at some point lol
If you start watering with nutes everyday i find its good to give them a plain ph'd water here and there just help make sure an excess waste or salt gets flushed out. Not too sure been awhile since i watered each day in coco.
Good thing about coco is you can water with almost any frequency couple of times a day to once every 4 days depending on watering size and heat in tent.
Looks great though man your doing well :thumb:

You're telling me! Its been crazy! I'm definitely doing some more Autos. Going to do some fems next grow but autos again after that.

After some more research and forum chats I think I'll stay with feeding the way I have been, every 48 hours. The plants seem happy and things are going well so if it isn't broken I probably shouldn't try to fix It.
The run off PPM has been steadily rising so I will start adding a plain ro water once or twice a week I think.

Update:

Girls are in to their fith week of life and still going strong, although the SS appears to have some rust coloured spots on a couple of the older fan leaves. It could just be from nutrient spillage but I will keep an eye on it to see if it spreads. Really hoping it isn't fungus, I really don't want to deal with that crap lol.

Here are some lazy pics, couldn't be bothered to remove them from the cabinet to take some pics so you have to deal with the pink light from the LED. Apologies, but will take some more in the next day or so.

P7273083.JPG
P7273084.JPG
P7273085.JPG
P7273086.JPG
P7273087.JPG
P7273088.JPG

Ha ha wow mate ur killing it .u got a few plants there mate and see u have filles up the space well good job;) u cnt really lst much more u have no room lol.id say if u want u want bigger wider plant and more room to push lst further for a more even canopy.next run just do less plants with the aim of filling up all that space again.that will give u some play time ha ha;) keep up the good work:passitleft::high-five:

Re: Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2 x AK49 & 1 x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

Ha ha wow mate ur killing it .u got a few plants there mate and see u have filles up the space well good job;) u cnt really lst much more u have no room lol.id say if u want u want bigger wider plant and more room to push lst further for a more even canopy.next run just do less plants with the aim of filling up all that space again.that will give u some play time ha ha;) keep up the good work:passitleft::high-five:

Thanks dude!
Yeah space is my enemy at the moment. I was thinking of only doing two next time but thought I would end up with higher yeild if I did three instead. Was that assumption incorrect?
I've pretty much decided I'm going to get a bigger cabinet, but have to decide between building another wooden one or getting a tent.
A tent would be much easier, especially cause I'm not good with DIY stuff. But the cabinet would be better for stealth purposes. I think you would hear everything loud as all hell in a tent, whereas a wooden cabinet can be made almost silent if done right. Even the crappy job I did on this one kills 80% of the fan noises, you can only really hear it at night.
I need a good DIY friend with tools that can help me!!

Rust coloured spots are more than likely a calcium deficiency. Add some calmag.

They are looking excellent though. Well done bud.

I read it can also be fungas so do hope it just deficiency. I fed today and upped the CalMag. I did notice the run off was a bit high in pH, around 6.3 but PPM was quite a lot lower than what i put in. So might feed again tomorrow and the next day to make it a little more stable and hopefully that will sort them out. Luckily its only the SS showing it, the two AK49s look fine :)

If it's powdery mildew, it will be white spots that actually look like mildew. Rust coloured spots... I'm 99% sure is not mildew, but calcium. ;)

If it's powdery mildew, it will be white spots that actually look like mildew. Rust coloured spots... I'm 99% sure is not mildew, but calcium. ;)
From the pics they said were showing fungas didn't look the same as mine which is what makes me think you are right. :)
I'll pull her out tomorrow so I can get a picture of it under proper lighting and you can see

First lot of flowers have appeared today, so what I thought were pre-flowers turned out to be correct lol.
Did some more lst and did a light defol to remove some of the very bottom fan leaves as well as a couple of the large fan leaves that were blocking half the bud sites. I can see light penetrating all the way to the coco so should be good for bud production.

I also stuck a Soil pH probe in to each of the pots and came up with readings around 6.5-6.8 which is a bit too high. So I'm hoping by feeding daily at around 5.7pH it should bring it back down. If it doesn't in the next couple of days I may try flushing them. Just don't want to stress them out right when they're beginning to flower. So I'm thinking the daily feeding is a better and less stressful solution

Coco is crazy to balance PH compared to soil. Your doing stellar from what I've seen. Now is tricky part. In veg it's hard for me to keep pH low (tap ~8), in flower it's hard to get it back up to 6.3. (I'm in soil). I'm at 10 days post flip now and it's a tightwire walk to keep plants balanced. Be sure you have some flush agent ready. Every few weeks you plants will not drain water/feed due to salt buildup holding up water movement.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Coco is crazy to balance PH compared to soil. Your doing stellar from what I've seen. Now is tricky part. In veg it's hard for me to keep pH low (tap ~8), in flower it's hard to get it back up to 6.3. (I'm in soil). I'm at 10 days post flip now and it's a tightwire walk to keep plants balanced. Be sure you have some flush agent ready. Every few weeks you plants will not drain water/feed due to salt buildup holding up water movement.

Cheers

Thanks millertm, it really is tricky trying to balance it. Its one of the reasons I was looking at getting some AN pH Perfect nutes for next round as I will run out of the GH Flora I'm currently using. But I decided on Canna Coco range as I can get it a lot cheaper and more people here seem to use it.

I have GH FloraKleen to flush with if need be, but wasn't sure if that would stress them out and I didn't want to do that just as they're beginning to bloom.
I also have 50%+ runoff when I feed to try and avoid the salt build up but not sure that is enough to avoid having to flush at least once during the grow

You will need 2 to 3 if feeding heavy. FF has it every 3 weeks. You'll know. Feed will not drain in pot, what takes 10 min will still be flooded 30 min later. But ever grow is different, flushing correctly will not stress plants. I use 1 to 2 gal and runoff is bacteria to normal. I'll feed while flushing too. I'll add 2 tsp/gal Sledgehammer to feed and water as normal.

Cheers

You will need 2 to 3 if feeding heavy. FF has it every 3 weeks. You'll know. Feed will not drain in pot, what takes 10 min will still be flooded 30 min later. But ever grow is different, flushing correctly will not stress plants. I use 1 to 2 gal and runoff is bacteria to normal. I'll feed while flushing too. I'll add 2 tsp/gal Sledgehammer to feed and water as normal.

Cheers

Sorry dude but I dont really get the entirety of what you said. Been vaping and smoking bongs all evening and I'm pretty damn high right now, so my fault completely.
However what did you mean by 2-3? 2-3 what exactly?
What is FF?
What did you mean you feed while flushing? As in you don't use plain water?

Again I'm sorry, I can be quite thick sometimes

Oh, code. Fox farms feeding schedule has a flush every 3 weeks in flower. I'd use that for reference as when to flush. 2 to 3 weeks during flower. I'm at work so sometimes I say it in my mind but fingers do not keep up sorry.

Back
Top Bottom