Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2 x AK49 & 1 x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

Oh, I'll feed every time so when I need to flush I just add Sledgehammer to my feed. Feeding every time in soil is tricky and it took some time to dial in, but it pays off. I feed hydro style. Just a bit under weekly limits. I'm at ~1K ppm twice a week.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Oh, code. Fox farms feeding schedule has a flush every 3 weeks in flower. I'd use that for reference as when to flush. 2 to 3 weeks during flower. I'm at work so sometimes I say it in my mind but fingers do not keep up sorry.

Oh right, I get you now! Thanks heaps for clarifying that for me.
I know what you mean, I'm the same when typing during deep thought lol.

One thing that has confused me in the past is the flushing process.
I know you should use 3 times the amount of water as the pot can hold but should I feed straight after using plain water or should I wait a day or something? What is the full process start to finish?

Oh right, I get you now! Thanks heaps for clarifying that for me.
I know what you mean, I'm the same when typing during deep thought lol.

One thing that has confused me in the past is the flushing process.
I know you should use 3 times the amount of water as the pot can hold but should I feed straight after using plain water or should I wait a day or something? What is the full process start to finish?
Eh, no. That's when you overfeed and plant is burning. End of cycle flush (pre harvest) is just non ph'ed tap fed at normal amount till harvest, I go 14 to 21 days of just water (2-3 weeks). Salt buildup flush just breaks down salt residue by adding a surfactant to the liquid. Surfactants (like dish soap not detergent) allows passage of non dissolved solids by making them slippery. No harm to plant, in fact, high ppm feeds require a surfactant to pre digest nutes to keep leaf tips from burning.

Cheers

Eh, no. That's when you overfeed and plant is burning. End of cycle flush (pre harvest) is just non ph'ed tap fed at normal amount till harvest, I go 14 to 21 days of just water (2-3 weeks). Salt buildup flush just breaks down salt residue by adding a surfactant to the liquid. Surfactants (like dish soap not detergent) allows passage of non dissolved solids by making them slippery. No harm to plant, in fact, high ppm feeds require a surfactant to pre digest nutes to keep leaf tips from burning.

Cheers

Sorry should have been more specific.
With salt buildup flush, should I still be using plain water at three times the size of the pot? Or is it only needing a normal 20-50% run off is using florakleen or something similar?
Should I then be feeding straight after to replenish the nutes or wait until I would feed next?

Ok, I'm not sure about your flush but it should be the same, Sledgehammer is saponins oil or something. Salt flush is normal feed or water with flushing agent included in mix. No need to push 10 gal through, just normal amount should clear salt buildup. Burning plant needs 10 gal in #3.

Cheers

Ok, I'm not sure about your flush but it should be the same, Sledgehammer is saponins oil or something. Salt flush is normal feed or water with flushing agent included in mix. No need to push 10 gal through, just normal amount should clear salt buildup. Burning plant needs 10 gal in #3.

Cheers

I understand now, thanks heaps millertm! Really appreciate you taking the time to explain that, I know I can be a bit thick at times.

Re: Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2 x AK49 & 1 x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

Thanks dude!
Yeah space is my enemy at the moment. I was thinking of only doing two next time but thought I would end up with higher yeild if I did three instead. Was that assumption incorrect?
I've pretty much decided I'm going to get a bigger cabinet, but have to decide between building another wooden one or getting a tent.
A tent would be much easier, especially cause I'm not good with DIY stuff. But the cabinet would be better for stealth purposes. I think you would hear everything loud as all hell in a tent, whereas a wooden cabinet can be made almost silent if done right. Even the crappy job I did on this one kills 80% of the fan noises, you can only really hear it at night.
I need a good DIY friend with tools that can help me!!

I had another 420 friend that I visited as he was in driving distance, well he had a tent and dealt with the fan noise by keeping his duct fan and ballast in a nearby closet. So he and I made good use of all the tools I brought and we grabbed some supplies from a nearby home improvement store. Long story short, we built a closet around his tent which canceled out the noise AND also helped to handle the higher RH as wood and similar building materials are a natural desiccant. So he later disassembled the tent and repurposed it to another room for his veg room. I am a BIG fan of DIY, especially because it is funner and cheaper and gives you a closer touch with your grow environment. You really can build everything with the most basic of hand tools, just as long as you can measure the materials accurately, you're good to go. Lots of ideas on YouTube to help you fill in the blanks.

Re: Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2 x AK49 & 1 x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

I had another 420 friend that I visited as he was in driving distance, well he had a tent and dealt with the fan noise by keeping his duct fan and ballast in a nearby closet. So he and I made good use of all the tools I brought and we grabbed some supplies from a nearby home improvement store. Long story short, we built a closet around his tent which canceled out the noise AND also helped to handle the higher RH as wood and similar building materials are a natural desiccant. So he later disassembled the tent and repurposed it to another room for his veg room. I am a BIG fan of DIY, especially because it is funner and cheaper and gives you a closer touch with your grow environment. You really can build everything with the most basic of hand tools, just as long as you can measure the materials accurately, you're good to go. Lots of ideas on YouTube to help you fill in the blanks.
I really need a friend like you who can come over with tools and skills to help me with these things. As you know, I'm terrible with DIY. I do try, but often can't even measure or cut straight lol.

Skills and tools are the biggest thing I lack at the moment. I would much prefer to build a nice cabinet that I could do both vege and bloom in

If you build a cab or even buy a tent, you'll have 2 spaces to work with....

Update:

Nothing much to report other than we now have a whole bunch of flowers popping up everywhere. There is more every few hours. I absolutely love opening the box each afternoon and looking at how much has changed from the night before or even that morning.

Been lazy on the pictures so I waited until the light switched off and just used the camera flash so everything isn't so pink. Was a bit hard to focus in the dark so pictures aren't perfect but you get the gist.

P7303089.JPG
P7303090.JPG

Super Skunk - You can see the rust spots in the second picture. Hoping its just cal or mag deficiency.

P7303091.JPG
P7303093.JPG

AK49#1

P7303094.JPG
P7303095.JPG
P7303096.JPG

AK49#2

P7303097.JPG
P7303098.JPG

Looks like calcium def to me.

Also, I never flush. I just give plain water for 7 - 10 days when the plants finish up.

Looks like calcium def to me.

Also, I never flush. I just give plain water for 7 - 10 days when the plants finish up.
Thanks Blaze, that's what I was hoping for as the other reason for it I read is fungus and that's not easy to fix apparently.

Last grow I flushed twice during the grow and then for 10 days before harvest. But I was also giving plain water in between every feed.
Whereas this round I haven't flushed at all yet and fed nutes every time, no plain water.
PPM seems to be sitting well around what I put in each time I measure run off. Its just the pH level the soil probe shows that makes me think I should possibly flush.
Girls look healthy other than a few leaves on the SS so I'm not sure if its just a shitty probe or because I'm feeding daily at the moment its keeping them ok

Back
Top Bottom