Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2 x AK49 & 1 x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

FiveToMidnight

Hey everyone!

Here is my third attempt at growing and this time I have chosen some delicious sounding Auto Flowering strains to see how I can do.

Details:
What strain is it? 2x Vision Seeds AK49 Auto Feminised + 1x Vision Seeds Super Skunk Auto Feminised
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?Both Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? 75% Coco/25% Perlite
Size of light? 8x 24W CFL's for Vege + 300W MarsHydro LED for Flower
Is it aircooled? Passive intake. 4" Duct Fan + 4" Carbon Filter
Temp of Room/cab? Between 20-38 Celcius (Depending on season)
RH of Room/cab? Between 50%-75%
How often are you watering? Every 2-3 days or as needed
Type and strength of ferts used? GH Flora 3-Part Series + CaliMagic + Silica

Seeds have been germinated using the paper towel method and all had cracked by last night. I then planted in 7.5L plastic pots. At the time of writing this they haven't sprouted above ground yet.
I have placed them inside of a large cardboard box that I built to be a drying box while my previous grow finishes which will be this weekend, then I will be moving them in to the proper grow cab.
I have 1 CFL lamp on each pot set to 18/6 and plastic cups over each one to act as a humidity dome.
Temp is around 24 celcius in the box and humidity is only 20%. However I believe it is closer to 70% under the cups.
I also have a 12cm PC fan pulling air out of the box.

Here are some pics.

P6213006.JPG
P6213005.JPG

As mentioned above I am using GH Flora 3-Part nutes and will be using the same regime as last time. According to people I know that have used this, it was made for Autoflowers so shouldn't need to repeat any weeks but please do say if you think otherwise as I'm really not confident when it comes to feeding

GH_Schedule.JPG

As always please jump in with anything you think may help and no comments will be rejected!

re: Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2x AK49 & 1x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

Could also really do with some tips on good LST tricks for autos. Being my first attempt at growing autos I can use all the help I can get. I know I can't top and the basics of autos but any tips would be awesome

re: Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2x AK49 & 1x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

:thumb:

Wow, you smashed a lot of details in that intro, well done man! I think the reason you're RH in the box is @ 20% is because cardboard will wick the moisture from the air. If you have something plastic or metal, or just with a treated smooth surface that you can line that box with, your RH will probably climb some. When you take the domes off, you still want the RH over 50%, but up around 60% to be ideal. You can even swap out the box for a tote or anything that can hold the RH higher. Though some reflectivity would be good, it is not really needed for starting as dim light is better for seedlings and clones.

I think you're right on the cardboard stealing the moisture, I did think that might happen. Seeing as they will only be in there until Saturday I figure its ok. I have more control inside the grow cab so can raise humidity to where it should be.
When I design the starting box properly I will use a plastic tote and line it with Mylar. Just need to figure out how it will work properly. As you know I'm not great with DIY, especially the design part

Hey mate im checking in for this one too :thumb:
Havnt done much lst with autos, to me itd depend on whether you can top at all, if you cant/dont id say you would focus on keeoing the higher and top of the plant even with the lower shoots to promote them to grow even with the top. If you can top id say you would lightly train the then 2 tops way from eachotherabd then shoots that come out from there you direct away from the 2 main arms. I reckonalot will depend on how they grow the first few weeks with branching etc. Not too sure though might be worth reading around abit or someone else might come in that knows more with auto training haha
Looking good though keen to see how these autos turn out :)

re: Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2 x AK49 & 1 x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

Thanks for being here Sir Bud! I always see people advising not to top Autos due to not having enough time to recover without stunting bloom. I have however seen a couple of guys here that do top autos and get great results. Might just stick to the simple LST method for now, less to go wrong.
I will try doing the main stem in a kind of sprial to keep it short but we'll see how things go

Re: Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2x AK49 & 1x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

I'm also keen to see how these go but at this moment I'm just trying to see them pop above ground. I know I'm too impatient but once I see that I feel like we're in business. Until then I just worry something will go wrong and I wont ever see them come through

re: Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2 x AK49 & 1 x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

RO + 200 PPM of Flora Bloom promotes rooting.

RO + 200 PPM of Flora Bloom promotes rooting.
I wasn't aware of this. I should really get a rooting nute like rhizotonic, maybe for next time.
I was under the impression I should only give plain ro at first. How much do you think I should give? Just a splash or enough to drench and get run off?

U can top any auto with great success. have a look at my auto topping thread or my auto topping grow.lots to learn.hope this helps;)

U can top any auto with great success. have a look at my auto topping thread or my auto topping grow.lots to learn.hope this helps;)
I'll have a look and may just give it a go. Thanks Beast! :)

Hold off on that until the first time you start to water. This is how I clone, but that involves all the other major parts of the plant already grown. I'd say when you start adding nutes to be a good time to intro with just Bloom @200 ppm. The cotyledons will feed them for the first few days.

Hold off on that until the first time you start to water. This is how I clone, but that involves all the other major parts of the plant already grown. I'd say when you start adding nutes to be a good time to intro with just Bloom @200 ppm. The cotyledons will feed them for the first few days.
Thanks Sky. The last two grows had them sprouting after two days so I get paranoid when its not the same

Re: Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2x AK49 & 1x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

WE HAVE LIFTOFF!! Finally one of the seeds has sprouted and is poking its head above the coco. Its one of the AK49s so I'm hoping the other two are not far behind

Subbed!

Not sure how much advice I can give, as I have no experience with autos, but I'm here for the grow show.

Me too. I'm subbed.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Super Skunk has finally decided to show itself.
We're now on track with all three seeds sprouted.
I have also moved them in to the grow cabinet as the round two harvest was today.
They should be much more comfortable now

Back
Top Bottom