Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2 x AK49 & 1 x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

Thanks Blaze, that's what I was hoping for as the other reason for it I read is fungus and that's not easy to fix apparently.

Last grow I flushed twice during the grow and then for 10 days before harvest. But I was also giving plain water in between every feed.
Whereas this round I haven't flushed at all yet and fed nutes every time, no plain water.
PPM seems to be sitting well around what I put in each time I measure run off. Its just the pH level the soil probe shows that makes me think I should possibly flush.
Girls look healthy other than a few leaves on the SS so I'm not sure if its just a shitty probe or because I'm feeding daily at the moment its keeping them ok
Morning Five, few things to put your mind to ease. Spots will not recover. Flushing is used when high salt content keeps water from draining into you pot, coco grows suffer from this far more then soil. Second, soil PH probe us useless when stuck into soil. You need a soil sample, tap at PH 7, (it will effect reading some) and make a wet past with your soil. Squeeze water from soil sample and test that PH, it's closer to real number.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Morning Five, few things to put your mind to ease. Spots will not recover. Flushing is used when high salt content keeps water from draining into you pot, coco grows suffer from this far more then soil. Second, soil PH probe us useless when stuck into soil. You need a soil sample, tap at PH 7, (it will effect reading some) and make a wet past with your soil. Squeeze water from soil sample and test that PH, it's closer to real number.

Cheers

Thanks millertm, I decided not to bother flushing as there doesn't seem to be any saltbuild ups.
I was going to put too much emphasis on the probe as I didn't think it was very accurate but I'll give the test you mentioned a try.
Thanks heaps for the tips!

Thanks millertm, I decided not to bother flushing as there doesn't seem to be any saltbuild ups.
I was going to put too much emphasis on the probe as I didn't think it was very accurate but I'll give the test you mentioned a try.
Thanks heaps for the tips!
Youtube, PH soil probe

Update:

Still chugging along nicely. Haven't noticed anymore leaves showing deficiency on the SS but have noticed one or two of the oldest leaves turning yellow on the AK49#1 and looks like it could be mag deficiency. However it may just be the old leaves dying off due to not being needed but will keep an eye on it and see how it goes.
Had to remove a few more leaves on each of them today as they are causing the cabinet underneath the canopy to get very moist and I'm worried about mold. Only removed some around the edges so they weren't pushed against the sides of the cabinet so much. Humidity under the canopy has dropped a lot now and is closer to what is just above the canopy which is around 60-70% so I think we're back in the green zone.

I've realised now that the LED I have in the cabinet isn't sufficient as it isn't able to cover the full canopy properly. You can see the middle plant (AK49#1) is much more developed and larger than the other two and you can see it is getting much more light too. I keep raising the LED every few days to try and get more coverage but the girls keep stretching so it seems like what I do makes little difference.
I'm really hoping to have a larger tent setup soon so I can have more space and am planning to have two LED's installed to get full coverage. I still plan to use the cabinet as a vege room though and have the tent as a bloom room so as to speed up harvests. I just need someone to come around and help me fix the roof of our shed out the back! Any offers are appreciated!! ;) hahaha

From left to right it goes Super Skunk, AK49 #1, AK49 #2

P8023099.JPG
P8023100.JPG
P8023101.JPG
P8023102.JPG
P8023104.JPG
P8023105.JPG
P8023106.JPG
P8023107.JPG
P8023108.JPG

Your RH is getting high 5, and when the buds form it will spike higher. If ya can, get more air out of the box, and filter inlet air somehow to reduce incoming RH.

Your RH is getting high 5, and when the buds form it will spike higher. If ya can, get more air out of the box, and filter inlet air somehow to reduce incoming RH.
Thanks Sky!
I still have some trays of water inside the cab and leave a bit of run off sitting in the spill pans under the pots that are keeping the rh higher than outside the cab. The pots are raised off the pans so they dont soak it up.
So I'll remove them this week which should lower it a bit.

What would you suggest as a way to filter incoming air?

A wooden or cardboard inlet tube outside the box, the longer the more moisture that can be taken from the air. A dehumidifier would also be nice. If ambient RH is in the 50% area, nothing is needed though, just taking the water out would suffice.

A wooden or cardboard inlet tube outside the box, the longer the more moisture that can be taken from the air. A dehumidifier would also be nice. If ambient RH is in the 50% area, nothing is needed though, just taking the water out would suffice.
I'll have a look in to the cardboard tube. Dehumidifier is a no-go though, can't fit it in the cabinet unfortunately. Its something ill look at when expanding.
I should have rh around 50% when I remove all the water though

Rice in a sock might work too...

Hi, Subbed in... late, but learning a lot! Wanted to see how your Mars 300 was working for you. Your autos look great... I have 3 autos in a corner that I really should care more about!! Just ordered a tent and 2 lights, so I'll get more room.
The Mars300 goes well but need something larger to cover the plants better

The Mars300 goes well but need something larger to cover the plants better

Well, gosh darnit (and don't I sound like Sara Palin), wouldn't you know that Mars had that killer sale yesterday on bigger lights.... through Amazon only! Wouldn't honor the price on their site.

For me, I started growing in my closet, then I needed a veg space so the shower got elected. Now I have TOO MANY plants and I had to order a tent and 2 new lights. This is in a time frame of 4 months!!! Are we compulsive, or what???
:hmmmm:

Well, gosh darnit (and don't I sound like Sara Palin), wouldn't you know that Mars had that killer sale yesterday on bigger lights.... through Amazon only! Wouldn't honor the price on their site.

For me, I started growing in my closet, then I needed a veg space so the shower got elected. Now I have TOO MANY plants and I had to order a tent and 2 new lights. This is in a time frame of 4 months!!! Are we compulsive, or what???
:hmmmm:
Lol being Aussie I'm not sure I'm too familiar with her.

Buying Mars Hydro stuff from ebay and amazon only gives 12 months warranty instead of 24 months. Being that there seem to be a lot of faults with them (although they claim 3%) I wouldn't buy from ebay or amazon.
I'm actually discussing this with SmokeSara now as it doesn't seem right.

We sold out thousands of lights every month,we control the defective rate under 3‰.We have stock for replacement parts at our international warehouse,we also have repair center in UK,Germany,USA,Australia,Canada.We will try our best to help our clients.
We give 1 year warranty on ebay or Amazon,we add 1 year more for our official website,so as to offer better service for our customer.:high-five:

We sold out thousands of lights every month,we control the defective rate under 3"°.We have stock for replacement parts at our international warehouse,we also have repair center in UK,Germany,USA,Australia,Canada.We will try our best to help our clients.
We give 1 year warranty on ebay or Amazon,we add 1 year more for our official website,so as to offer better service for our customer.:high-five:
Many people do not know this as it is not normal business practise. Normal businesses charge different prices so customers can understand the difference.
When I made my purchase I was not made aware of this difference and felt I did not get what I thought I was paying for. I now understand and am happy with the service. I just think this method of business is very confusing and far from normal.

Also, if you import into Australia, you must adhere to our local laws. Its regardless if you are based in China, to import into your Australian warehouse you need to have Australian import licence. This means you need to follow our laws when selling to customers here.

Back
Top Bottom