Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2 x AK49 & 1 x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

Update:

So our Super Skunk is finally ready for harvest YAY!! :)
Did the same as before, cut each branch, washed according to Doc Bud's method and hung to dip dry for a couple of hours. All buds were then wet trimmed and hung in my dry box for slow drying.

Didn't get any Trich pics this time but here's what our plant produced even though she was a little too big for the space. You can see a lot of purple on this one which I notice seems to be on the buds closest to the light. So I don't know if this will be good or not but they don't appear to be bleached and they smell delicious so I think we should be all good. However please let me know if you see something a miss.

PA023178.JPG
PA023179.JPG
PA023180.JPG
PA023182.JPG
PA023183.JPG
PA023186.JPG
PA023187.JPG
PA023188.JPG
PA023189.JPG

PA023190.JPG
PA023191.JPG
PA023192.JPG

Those nugs look delicious! I find the trimmers don't gunk up as quickly when trimming after a good wash.

Those nugs look delicious! I find the trimmers don't gunk up as quickly when trimming after a good wash.
There are a couple of really nice looking ones there so fingers crossed it will be a good smoke like the AK49.
I find it very easy to trim when wet rather than dry

It is so much easier! After washing, I hang them till the water stops dripping, then jingle the line to shake off the last bit of water and trim immediately. It's like scissoring lettuce and the residual water still in the nugs acts like a mild lubricant on the blades making for a way more efficient use of my time. I can't see how people still don't wash their buds.

It is so much easier! After washing, I hang them till the water stops dripping, then jingle the line to shake off the last bit of water and trim immediately. It's like scissoring lettuce and the residual water still in the nugs acts like a mild lubricant on the blades making for a way more efficient use of my time. I can't see how people still don't wash their buds.
Many people are still skeptical but it's hard not to be convinced once seeing the results

It's only been 4 days but have already had to turn the dry box's fan off twice to let the buds sweat moisture from the middle to outer edges and already they feel crispy as hell. A lot of the stems are now snapping and I think they are easily done.
Seems a little quick though. We have had a week of very dry days (around 30% humidity in the room surrounding the box), so I figure that has a lot to do with it. It just seems a lot quicker than it should be.
There are quite a few small buds and quite a few seem very airy, so maybe that mixed with surrounding dry air had sped things up.
I just hope it wasn't too quick so the smoke is harsh.
We'll see very shortly though as I'm going to let them sweat a little longer in the box without the fan on. Then I'll jar them and have a test smoke.
Fingers crossed!!

They're fine. It would only get harsh if you left them to rapid dry. Still having some moisture in them will give you the ability to control the rate of dissipation.

They're fine. It would only get harsh if you left them to rapid dry. Still having some moisture in them will give you the ability to control the rate of dissipation.
Yeah it's not too bad acctually. Will do a proper report once I get home from work

I must say I'm pretty impressed with the yield the Super Skunk Auto produced. Ended up with 50 grams dry!! Best yield yet and some pretty chronic smoke.
Buds are still quite light and airy, but while the smell is subtle and nice the taste is not so good. Not harsh or chemical taste, just bland, kinda smokey and just not a nice weed taste.
However, you pretty quickly forget about the taste when you suddenly realise how stoned you are after just one or two cones! This one knocks me on my ass something severe! Good, long lasting, happy stone that takes a minute or so to hit, but once it does it all comes in one big punch.
All in all, very happy with this plant and can see a potential huge yeild if given more space to grow. Still like the AK49 better due to the sweet taste and Sativa high but the Super Skunk is definitely a top class Indica which does all that is advertised.

Stand by for pics.

Also, still have one more AK49 to harvest that still isn't ready due to the space issue and lack of light. But she is looking good and should turn a good yield with harvest in the next couple of weeks.

Stay tuned!!

I predict the flavor will improve if you set some aside and keep it jarred for a few weeks. Gradually reduce moisture to 62% and hold it there for a while and the natural flavors will be better pronounced.

I predict the flavor will improve if you set some aside and keep it jarred for a few weeks. Gradually reduce moisture to 62% and hold it there for a while and the natural flavors will be better pronounced.
All buds are currently in jars with Boveda packs and a humidifier which is reading exactly 62% inside both jars.
So hopefully they will cure some and improve on flavour before I smoke it all lol

If they RH holds at 62%, burp maybe once a week for literally just a minute or two.

Edit - Just read your previous post on the previous page and noticed you had Bovedas in the jar. Never having used them myself, I can't comment about what exactly they achieve except from what I read that they keep the RH to a constant 62%, so you'll have to exercise a bit of logic here as I don't know if they function as a desiccant, or a humidifier. Ideally, you want to fast dry the buds down to the 75% range and then slow the dry down some, but still walk the moisture out. The closer you get to truly 62%, the longer you want that process to take until you actually reach 62%, at which point you want to stop the drying completely and settle into the cure.

So depending on the functionality of the Bovedas in combination to the actual RH of your nugs prior to jarring will likely have a big impact on what you can achieve in your cure. If your nugs were above 62%, then I think you'll be in great shape, but if they were below 62%, you might have less than ideal results.

If they RH holds at 62%, burp maybe once a week for literally just a minute or two.

Edit - Just read your previous post on the previous page and noticed you had Bovedas in the jar. Never having used them myself, I can't comment about what exactly they achieve except from what I read that they keep the RH to a constant 62%, so you'll have to exercise a bit of logic here as I don't know if they function as a desiccant, or a humidifier. Ideally, you want to fast dry the buds down to the 75% range and then slow the dry down some, but still walk the moisture out. The closer you get to truly 62%, the longer you want that process to take until you actually reach 62%, at which point you want to stop the drying completely and settle into the cure.

So depending on the functionality of the Bovedas in combination to the actual RH of your nugs prior to jarring will likely have a big impact on what you can achieve in your cure. If your nugs were above 62%, then I think you'll be in great shape, but if they were below 62%, you might have less than ideal results.
Thanks for the Sky. Unfortunately I believe the buds were below 62% when first jarred as they seemed to dry out a lot quicker than anticipated. But I'll keep them jarred and burp once a week as you said and see how things go.
The buds give a great high so I don't mind if the taste isn't perfect ;)

So as promised (albeit late) I have the final pics from the Super Skunk Auto.
Although the taste isn't perfect, it's nothing to complain about and I am really enjoying the high :)

PA053199.JPG
PA053200.JPG
PA053201.JPG

I also thought I should show you guys how the final girl in this round is doing, AK49 #2. She has been very slow however I can blame that on the lack of light she has been getting throughout. She now has the entire cabinet to herself and will do until harvest, which I predict to be about two weeks away. Trichromes are still pretty clear but starting to turn cloudy so will keep an eye on her and see how we go.
Considering I had about 30 grams from the first AK49 I'm thinking this may yield closer to our Super Skunk as it is almost twice the size of the first AK49. Looking forward to this one as I really enjoyed the last AK49 I had.

PA103207.JPG
PA103208.JPG
PA103209.JPG
PA103210.JPG
PA103211.JPG
PA103212.JPG

Update:

Final flush has now begun with harvest planned for this Saturday.
This AK49 doesn't have the same strong smell as the first one. However it is about 4-5 weeks past its advertised harvest time which I believe is due to the lack of light she got for the first part of flowering. I'm just hoping it's as good to smoke as the first one!

Back
Top Bottom