Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2 x AK49 & 1 x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

That's one of the major reasons I never considered growing autos, ya can't hunt for a favorite phenotype! With photos, you can grab a bunch of clones, make notes how each performs when growing, keep them alive through cloning, and after harvest, you can isolate flavor profiles and the strongest stone etc, then ween out the ones that don't give you exactly what you're wanting. My 2 cents.

That's one of the major reasons I never considered growing autos, ya can't hunt for a favorite phenotype! With photos, you can grab a bunch of clones, make notes how each performs when growing, keep them alive through cloning, and after harvest, you can isolate flavor profiles and the strongest stone etc, then ween out the ones that don't give you exactly what you're wanting. My 2 cents.
That's a good point sky and I really wish I had the space and the means to be able to do that sort of thing. Unfortunately I'm limited as you know so it's why I had a look at doing Autos. My mistake was putting too many plants in the space and lost control of them. I will now only being doing one or two plants at a time so things should work much better.

I look forward to a time when I can have a proper setup ;)

Nice grow.. And harvests lol a little late in but I soon read through with help of a few fat smokes! Keep it goin 5

Sent from my M1009 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

:goodjob::bravo:
So as promised (albeit late) I have the final pics from the Super Skunk Auto.
Although the taste isn't perfect, it's nothing to complain about and I am really enjoying the high :)

PA053199.JPG
PA053200.JPG
PA053201.JPG

I also thought I should show you guys how the final girl in this round is doing, AK49 #2. She has been very slow however I can blame that on the lack of light she has been getting throughout. She now has the entire cabinet to herself and will do until harvest, which I predict to be about two weeks away. Trichromes are still pretty clear but starting to turn cloudy so will keep an eye on her and see how we go.
Considering I had about 30 grams from the first AK49 I'm thinking this may yield closer to our Super Skunk as it is almost twice the size of the first AK49. Looking forward to this one as I really enjoyed the last AK49 I had.

PA103207.JPG
PA103208.JPG
PA103209.JPG
PA103210.JPG
PA103211.JPG
PA103212.JPG

Update: FINAL HARVEST!!!! :)

AK49 #2 has finally been harvested and is now hanging to dry.
As always the buds were washed following Doc Bud's recipe, left for a few hours to drip dry, wet trimmed and then hung to dry in my dry box.
I'm really looking forward to smoking this plant as it has the same strong, fruity smell as the last AK49 did and it was a great smoke. Will post a smoke report once the buds are ready

PA223216.JPG
PA223217.JPG
PA223218.JPG
PA223219.JPG
PA223220.JPG
PA223221.JPG
PA223222.JPG
PA223223.JPG
PA223224.JPG
PA223225.JPG
PA223226.JPG
PA223227.JPG
PA223229.JPG
PA223230.JPG

FINAL UPDATE!!

Alright guys we are all done and dusted! Buds have dried and have been placed in jars with 62% Boveda packs to cure.
I can't believe it but I got a huge 85 grams from this one plant!! Admittedly it's not as tasty or chronic as the first AK49 in this round but I expected that. It ended up being 5-6 weeks older than the first AK49 due to lack of light throughout it's life, but lessons have been learnt and it still gives a nice high.
I have 3 ounces to get through so I'm hoping by the time I get to the last jar it will have had time to cure and get a little nicer. Taste is ok though, just not heaps fruity like the first one. No chemical or nasty tastes though and smokes well.

All in all I'm pretty happy with this round and with more lessons learnt, I'm sure the future will only get better.

PA263238.JPG
PA263239.JPG
PA263243.JPG
PA263246.JPG

Back
Top Bottom