Five's Round 4 Second Auto Attempt - Critical Auto - Coco & Perlite - CFL & LED

Update:

Our girl is 5 weeks old now and still going strong. The main grow cabinet has been emptied due to the latest harvest so I have now moved the Critical Auto out of the propagation box and in to the cabinet. I left the LED at maximum height which is about 65cm (25") from the canopy and she seems to be pretty happy but I'm not sure if I should start lowering it. In the past I haven't seen too much reaction from the plants when moving the light closer or further away, however in the last grow the plants got a little out of control and ended up within an inch of the LED. I would have thought that would do a lot of damage but the buds seemed to thrive and get larger than I have ever had before.
So I'm wondering if I should keep the LED a lot closer than the normal advice for a LED light? What do you guys think?
Feel free to check out my previous journal to see the plants almost touching the LED and the results of that, I thought it quite interesting. But yeah, any advice on this would be great as I'm quite unsure. Also, I have only one plant in the cabinet this time so it has more room than it should need to grow and being able to get things like lighting right would be a big benefit.

Topping has produced some great results so far. Heaps of colas springing up all over the place! I have tied a lot of them down to try and train the plant as evenly as possible but she has so many now it's getting hard to control. Loving the challenge though ;)

PA243231.JPG
PA243232.JPG
PA243233.JPG
PA243234.JPG
PA243235.JPG

As always, love to hear what you guys think!!

Are you still at 25' above canopy? Before I lost my mars hydro 300w to a flood in the basement I had it 19' away. My plants loved it, no light bleaching or anything negative being that close.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Are you still at 25' above canopy? Before I lost my mars hydro 300w to a flood in the basement I had it 19' away. My plants loved it, no light bleaching or anything negative being that close.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Yes I am as I still wasn't sure what to do however I was planning to lower it tomorrow. I just didn't want to affect the stretch by lowering it too much. I will try around 19" as you suggest though, thank you! :)

nice job training that.... I would hang a towel in front of the fan.. Have the towel hanging in a wallpaper tray full of water. That should help bring up the humidity a little.. 70 max..

nice job training that.... I would hang a towel in front of the fan.. Have the towel hanging in a wallpaper tray full of water. That should help bring up the humidity a little.. 70 max..
Thanks mate.
I used to do that but found it didn't raise the rh too much. But will give it another try :)
Looking awsome 5 mate count me in.good job so far;)
Thanks dude, great to have you here!

I hear people are grabbing 10 x 10 grow tents and sticking smaller tents 5 x 5 inside them and controlling the environment/odor 100%.. Your looking at 2g for the 2 tents.. But that would be pro level.. You would have a 5x5 flower room and 5x5 space for your vegging plants with plenty of space for a portable ac and humidifier.

I hear people are grabbing 10 x 10 grow tents and sticking smaller tents 5 x 5 inside them and controlling the environment/odor 100%.. Your looking at 2g for the 2 tents.. But that would be pro level.. You would have a 5x5 flower room and 5x5 space for your vegging plants with plenty of space for a portable ac and humidifier.
Thanks mate, that's a good idea but unfortunately don't have large funds at the moment. I would love to have a proper semi pro setup but funding dictates these things

So after two weeks we finally have our internet connection back!!! Apologies for the lack in updates but we're now back on track!

Update:

Our Critical Auto is now 7 weeks old and still looking pretty good. I am a little concerned about the lack of stretching though. I noticed that in my last grow, the plant that had the best buds also didn't seem to stretch much, however the other two that didn't get as much light stretched all the way to almost touching the LED. I'm wondering if the LED is maybe too powerful and stopping them from stretching?
Each time I have had this size plant it ends up around 30 grams of dried bud, but the last plant that did have a big stretch managed 85 grams. Now the 30 gram plant had buds 10 times better than the 85 gram plant but I still thought it was quite a big difference and the only thing that was different about each plant was the first one had direct light where as the other did not until the last few weeks.
Any thoughts?

Also, I have noticed after taking some pictures that there is a couple of "rust" like spots on a couple of the older leaves. 98% of the plant looks nice, green and healthy but it does cause some concern to see rust.
After some googleing I found that a lot of people say it is usually to do with the environment but it is the same grow space I have used every time and not had this issue before. In fact every other time there was 2 or 3 plants squashed in, where as this time we only have 1.

On a side note, being this plant only has about 3 weeks left until it should be ready for harvest I am planning to germinate another two seeds and begin the next round. So keep an eye out for an update with a new journal link!

Pictures!!!!

PB073247.JPG
PB073248.JPG
PB073249.JPG
PB093250.JPG
PB093251.JPG
PB093253.JPG

Thought I would take some pics of the leaf issue we're having as I can't seem to pin point the issue by looking at deficiency/problem guides.
It appears to me as though it is either pH issues or Calcium deficiency. Thing is though, I always measure pH before feeding and also in run off and every time it is between 5.7-6.2.
I'm also using Canna Coco A+B nutes which I believe extra CalMag is not needed for.
So I'm not sure what could be causing this issue. Is there anything anyone could suggest?
Being 3 weeks from harvest it is really concerning me

Thanks guys!!

PB103254.JPG
PB103255.JPG
PB103257.JPG
PB103258.JPG
PB103259.JPG
PB103260.JPG

Back
Top Bottom