Five's Second Attempt - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED - NL - 2016

Inline Carbon Filter under $40

I made this a few years back for my first grow. All you gotta do is get some fish tank carbon, put it in a sealable mesh bag, and run your exhaust air through it by whatever means you can.

Harvest update!!!

So harvest is now complete, all buds have been washed and trimmed and all are hanging up to dry.

This is just opening the box for the first time after a bit over 48 hours of pure darkness. However I didn't notice that much of a difference from before I closed the cabinet up. I also noticed that there wasn't much yellowing of leaves happening like I have seen on other journals. Does this mean they weren't flushed long enough maybe?
Take a look.

P6253008.JPG

Here is my little harvest setup
P6253009.JPG

After chopping the first plant I removed the plastic pot to check the root ball and this is what it looked like.

P6253012.JPG
P6253013.JPG

Looks pretty good to me and thought that they probably could have done with a larger pot. So I'll be interested to see what this next grow brings as I have upped the pots from these 4.2L to 7.5L.

Some progress

P6253011.JPG

All washed and hanging to drip dry before trimming.

P6253014.JPG

I mentioned before that I built a nice large drying box to hand the buds in. It's just a big cardboard box that was used to ship a retail server. I then poked holes in it and ran lines of string from side to side similar to a clothes line. I also cut a hole in the top corner to fit a 12cm PC fan that I wired up to a multi voltage adapter. This way I can control the speed of the fan and can keep it pulling just a light draft while staying silent.
P6253020.JPG
P6253022.JPG
P6253021.JPG
P6273033.JPG

I did have one dissapointment though. When I removed my LED from the cabinet to install the CFL's for the new grow i found that I had a dead LED on the panel :(
P6253016.JPG
P6253019.JPG

Trying to get this sorted with MarsHydro at the moment but finding their service a leaving a lot to be desired at this point. Will hopfully get it sorted quickly though.
Otherwise a very successful harvest. Just have to wait for it all to dry and then have a test to see how it smokes. Will let you guys know as soon as I punch the first cone ;)

Why such small pots Five? I grow in 20L fabric pots. Looking good though and congrats on the harvest bud.

Hope you don't mind me jumpin in this late, Five.. Just noticed you on Mars Hydro thread..
Lookin good, my man...

Nice harvest man! Looks like roughly 6 ounces. What are the 2 tupperware containers with drilled holes in the drying box? If they contain anything that has fragrance, it could influence the smell and taste of your smoke. I think your root mass looked fine. I would only increase the final pot size if you were planning to veg for longer. Those roots didn't look the least bit root bound.

Why such small pots Five? I grow in 20L fabric pots. Looking good though and congrats on the harvest bud.
Due to the small amount of space I have the largest pots I can fit are 7.5L. Plus can't let the plants get too tall due to height of the box being 120cm

Hope you don't mind me jumpin in this late, Five.. Just noticed you on Mars Hydro thread..
Lookin good, my man...
Not at all my friend! Glad to have you here to see the best part

Nice harvest man! Looks like roughly 6 ounces. What are the 2 tupperware containers with drilled holes in the drying box? If they contain anything that has fragrance, it could influence the smell and taste of your smoke. I think your root mass looked fine. I would only increase the final pot size if you were planning to veg for longer. Those roots didn't look the least bit root bound.

Thanks dude! 6!!!??? That would be awesome if it comes out to that much. I thought half that but I wouldn't have a clue lol.

The containers are moisture absorbers to keep humidity down, they don't produce any smell or anything. Just thought would help humidity.

I have put the autos in the new grow in the 7.5L pots so hope things will be ok but I guess we'll see. Just thought the could have been taller and thought the stretch stopped prematurely. But again, I wouldn't have a clue, only guessing lol

:cheer:congratulations!:thumb:
Harvest update!!!

So harvest is now complete, all buds have been washed and trimmed and all are hanging up to dry.

This is just opening the box for the first time after a bit over 48 hours of pure darkness. However I didn't notice that much of a difference from before I closed the cabinet up. I also noticed that there wasn't much yellowing of leaves happening like I have seen on other journals. Does this mean they weren't flushed long enough maybe?
Take a look.

P6253008.JPG

Here is my little harvest setup
P6253009.JPG

After chopping the first plant I removed the plastic pot to check the root ball and this is what it looked like.

P6253012.JPG
P6253013.JPG

Looks pretty good to me and thought that they probably could have done with a larger pot. So I'll be interested to see what this next grow brings as I have upped the pots from these 4.2L to 7.5L.

Some progress

P6253011.JPG

All washed and hanging to drip dry before trimming.

P6253014.JPG

I mentioned before that I built a nice large drying box to hand the buds in. It's just a big cardboard box that was used to ship a retail server. I then poked holes in it and ran lines of string from side to side similar to a clothes line. I also cut a hole in the top corner to fit a 12cm PC fan that I wired up to a multi voltage adapter. This way I can control the speed of the fan and can keep it pulling just a light draft while staying silent.
P6253020.JPG
P6253022.JPG
P6253021.JPG
P6273033.JPG

I did have one dissapointment though. When I removed my LED from the cabinet to install the CFL's for the new grow i found that I had a dead LED on the panel :(
P6253016.JPG
P6253019.JPG

Trying to get this sorted with MarsHydro at the moment but finding their service a leaving a lot to be desired at this point. Will hopfully get it sorted quickly though.
Otherwise a very successful harvest. Just have to wait for it all to dry and then have a test to see how it smokes. Will let you guys know as soon as I punch the first cone ;)

Metho! My iso was too expensive to waste cleaning with it but it is the best. Metho second best. I clean EVERYTHING with Metho. Straight metho for your shears and built up greasy stuff, 50/50 mix with water for car interiors, tables, windows etc..

Metho! My iso was too expensive to waste cleaning with it but it is the best. Metho second best. I clean EVERYTHING with Metho. Straight metho for your shears and built up greasy stuff, 50/50 mix with water for car interiors, tables, windows etc..
Thanks mate, I'll be sure to give that a try! :)

Ok so finally got around to giving one of the last updates.

Had a bit of trouble drying them all. I hung them up for a about 8 days until the rh dropped to 60%, I then cut all the buds off the stems and placed them in jars. But since then the rh rose to over 70%. So I pulled them out again and for the past few days have been going back and forth trying to get the rh to stabilise under 70% in the jars. This is not working well though.
So I ordered some 62% Boveda pack but unfortunately they wont be here until about Monday :(

I've also found the bud to be a little airy again which is a little disappointing. They felt really dense and solid before they dried out but still much better than last time.
I'm wondering why they're not as hard as they should be though, maybe I need to invest in some bud boosters or something? Anything anyone could suggest?
The GH Flora nutes I have at the moment are only going to last one more grow so I will need to purchase more and I am looking at either the AN pH Perfect 3-Part or Canna Coco A+B, so anything that you guys think will go well with either of them would be awesome. Also, opinions on what you guys think would be the better choice would be awesome too.

We ended up with 100.8 grams in total, so over double what I got from the first round. Funny thing is, the seed that didn't sprout properly, looked as if it would die and somehow topped itself, ended up giving the biggest yield and biggest/most solid buds lol. #3 however looked strongest and healthiest throughout and yet gave almost the same as #2

I did snap some pics for you guys though so take a look and let me know what you think

P7033051.JPG
P7033050.JPG
P7033049.JPG
P7033047.JPG
P7033053.JPG
P7033052.JPG

Back
Top Bottom