Flash Does 2x Monster Profit Smart 5Gal Coco

Qu
Flip day 5 vs flip day 7

Quite a difference! Looking good! What kind of camera are you using in your tent?

Lookin good brother!
Thanks brother. They don't look as good as I would have liked but it s OK. Maybe I added to much mycorrmax I don't know but weird cause everything has been done in a less is more mind. Temps are never hotter than 80F. I ve seen many members with plants getting better and better with time so will see. I ve done some defo on the bigger one today cause she felt like she couldn't breath well anymore because of too many leaves. I forgot to take pics before lights off. I ll post tomorrow

Hiya buddy nice journal. Lovin the time lapse! That shits cool man. Looks like you're getting lockout though. Could see it from day 1. Too hot a mix mate. Ph probably off too. Ph down doesn't make ph rise as I seen in an earlier comment. It's rising because the mix is off. Not familiar with those nutes and it's way too many bottles for me to get my head round but I'd get it sorted soon cos it's been getting gradually worse. Fairly sure It's mag def but its not a case of adding more. need to lower the strength of the feed and sort the ph in order to fix it.
Loads of guys use those nutes though so shouldn't be too hard to track someone down that knows how to fix it. Youre on for a belter if you dial in mate, I'd hate to see it go wrong.

Hiya buddy nice journal. Lovin the time lapse! That shits cool man. Looks like you're getting lockout though. Could see it from day 1. Too hot a mix mate. Ph probably off too. Ph down doesn't make ph rise as I seen in an earlier comment. It's rising because the mix is off. Not familiar with those nutes and it's way too many bottles for me to get my head round but I'd get it sorted soon cos it's been getting gradually worse. Fairly sure It's mag def but its not a case of adding more. need to lower the strength of the feed and sort the ph in order to fix it.
Loads of guys use those nutes though so shouldn't be too hard to track someone down that knows how to fix it. Youre on for a belter if you dial in mate, I'd hate to see it go wrong.

Thanks for stopping by mate! I ve been using 1ml/l of everything for 2 weeks. Ppm around 800. I always adjust ph to 5.8. Maybe I should try increasing a bit to allow more CalMag to be absorbed? During my previous runs I was feeding way harder and the plants were so bright during veg. This time I tried to really be soft on the feeding so I truly don't understand well what's going on. Some bud sites and leaves are looking perfect just close to others looking bad. So maybe I ve been watering too much. I know they say you can't overwater coco but it looks to me like a root trouble. Maybe I had added to much tnc mycorrmax (mainly mycorrhizae).

Forgot to add that again I truly went low on the nutes during veg. Never over 700ppm. That's why I believe maybe too many mycorrhizae. Or maybe the rockwool they started in remain too moist for a daily watering.

I had put the coco mat to avoid water to touch leaves when the plants were younger and keep a moist zone around the plants as my grow space is mostly dry (never above 40%RH and mostly around 25%). But I think it was preventing the drippers to water all the surface as they intended to do. In fact I had spent hours setting my watering system to allow watering of all areas and avoid dry zones. I hope things will get better

700ppm isn't a light feed mate lol. It is by the manufacturers recommendations but honestly, nutrients companies know nothing about how to feed a plant. It's insane how useless feeding schedules are. It's about right for them now but up untill a couple weeks ago would've been a pretty fair dose.
You're best to find someone who uses them in the same media and ask them though bud. Theyll know best how-to sort it. That's a wierd media and a complicated pile of nutes. Im definitely leaning towards thinking the cocos went "hot" and the pH has went off. Guessing you don't have a probe so checking the pH and ppm of the run off would give a rough answer as to if that's the case. Wanna collect the first bit of run off that comes as that's the strongest and will give the best indication if something's not right.

Not sure about your nutes but I am at barely 450ppm including 80 ppm tap water.. Even at that there is a tiny bit of tip burn now in early flower and I think it would get worse if I didn't fertigate twice /day...I run my ph at 5.8 and gradually up to 6.1 or so by mid flower. It pays the check ph calibration too if you haven't already... I can't imagine over watering plants that size in coco, or the rockwool being a problem unless it's huge. Sorry I can't be of more help!.. Errr.. Just saw your ph down increases ppm by 200 is that right? Yikes!

700ppm isn't a light feed mate lol. It is by the manufacturers recommendations but honestly, nutrients companies know nothing about how to feed a plant. It's insane how useless feeding schedules are. It's about right for them now but up untill a couple weeks ago would've been a pretty fair dose.
You're best to find someone who uses them in the same media and ask them though bud. Theyll know best how-to sort it. That's a wierd media and a complicated pile of nutes. Im definitely leaning towards thinking the cocos went "hot" and the pH has went off. Guessing you don't have a probe so checking the pH and ppm of the run off would give a rough answer as to if that's the case. Wanna collect the first bit of run off that comes as that's the strongest and will give the best indication if something's not right.

Super good idea of checking ppm and pH off runoff. I ll do that when watering tomorrow and let you know!

Not sure about your nutes but I am at barely 450ppm including 80 ppm tap water.. Even at that there is a tiny bit of tip burn now in early flower and I think it would get worse if I didn't fertigate twice /day...I run my ph at 5.8 and gradually up to 6.1 or so by mid flower. It pays the check ph calibration too if you haven't already... I can't imagine over watering plants that size in coco, or the rockwool being a problem unless it's huge. Sorry I can't be of more help!.. Errr.. Just saw your ph down increases ppm by 200 is that right? Yikes!

Thanks for trying to help. I ll check ppm and ph of runoff and adjust things later (like feeding with only ph'ed water)

Here we are you were right about the lockout! Too much nutes. I have always read not to flush coco when too much nuts but just feed with water. Do you confirm?

Back
Top Bottom