Flavorings

MAK1

We all are aware that many growers use molasses to try to improve the taste of buds. I will simply accept this premise.
What I find difficult to accept is that there are no other additives that work. I am specifically referring to adding a product (natural or synthetic) directly to soil to impact the final product.
Then there are those who jump the fence and start talking about adding after the harvest.
I am thinking more along the lines of a lemon peel added to the soils or even adding a boat load of lemon peel to some compost then making a tea or something like this. Or any fruit flavor added into dirt that change the outcome.

So far all I hear is molasses the last 2 weeks. Now, puff puff and pass

Demon Nutrients do a product called sugar and that is exactly wot u lookin for :thumb:

This thread has been moved to Frequently Asked Questions.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

We all are aware that many growers use molasses to try to improve the taste of buds. I will simply accept this premise.

So far all I hear is molasses the last 2 weeks. Now, puff puff and pass

never used it for that and generally used it earlier in flower.

I've never used mollasis for anything never really understood wot it's good for

I used demon sugar on last few weeks to sweeten the taste of the bud ,,apparently :rofl:
20210710_110123.jpg
20210708_175801.jpg

Side note or the Main Story ?
I happened to have a variety of molasses in the kitchen. I compared labels for nutritional content.
I was blown away at the vast differences in types I had. Plain Molasses is not so impressive @ 250mg potassium, Blackstrap Molasses looks a lot better@ 450mg potassium, but Plantation Brand Blackstrap Molasses has really impressive amount of potassium @600mg/21g (1TBLS), iron and other minerals as well.
Tonight I was mixing some worm castings tea and checking pH. After I added molasses (or one other nute) the pH dropped 7.10 to 6.56 A fluke or a mis-reading? Morning read will tell me.

Perhaps the real story is blackstrap molasses is a mineral BOMB that adds up to better buds. Potassium can be as slippery as a banana...peel.

Side note or the Main Story ?
I happened to have a variety of molasses in the kitchen. I compared labels for nutritional content.
I was blown away at the vast differences in types I had. Plain Molasses is not so impressive @ 250mg potassium, Blackstrap Molasses looks a lot better@ 450mg potassium, but Plantation Brand Blackstrap Molasses has really impressive amount of potassium @600mg/21g (1TBLS), iron and other minerals as well.
Tonight I was mixing some worm castings tea and checking pH. After I added molasses (or one other nute) the pH dropped 7.10 to 6.56 A fluke or a mis-reading? Morning read will tell me.

Perhaps the real story is blackstrap molasses is a mineral BOMB that adds up to better buds. Potassium can be as slippery as a banana...peel.

blackstrap is the only stuff to use if you do. real old school.

Ok what happens to the molasses in the soil?

How do the nutrients and minerals get into the plant?

Not to bust anyone's bubble on this but all fertilizer, amendments and soil get broken down into their constituent minerals and elements and mixed with water BEFORE entering the roots in the Rhizosphere.

The question in my mind is this:

How does molasses improve the work being done in the Rhizosphere??

What has to happen with the molasses its gotta be broken down (composted). There are specific bacteria that do this work. So to get the best gains (assuming you're looking for biomass (yields)) you should add these beneficial microbes that specialize in breaking down P into soluble form the plant can up-take.

"PSB inoculum (Pseudomonas, Pantoea, Mycobacterium, Bacillus, Burkholderia, Arthrobacter, and Enterobacter)"

These ^^^ are your P microbe digesters for plants in the Rhizosphere.

These can be added to the seed stock at planting and also with organic or traditional fertilizer additions.

blackstrap is the only stuff to use if you do. real old school.
Not all Blackstrap molasses is the same. Use the ones that hat 600mg Potassium / TBS. These also have 200mg Calcium. Mg, Fe are also present in a good amount.

Ok what happens to the molasses in the soil?

How do the nutrients and minerals get into the plant?

Not to bust anyone's bubble on this but all fertilizer, amendments and soil get broken down into their constituent minerals and elements and mixed with water BEFORE entering the roots in the Rhizosphere.

The question in my mind is this:

How does molasses improve the work being done in the Rhizosphere??

What has to happen with the molasses its gotta be broken down (composted). There are specific bacteria that do this work. So to get the best gains (assuming you're looking for biomass (yields)) you should add these beneficial microbes that specialize in breaking down P into soluble form the plant can up-take.

"PSB inoculum (Pseudomonas, Pantoea, Mycobacterium, Bacillus, Burkholderia, Arthrobacter, and Enterobacter)"

These ^^^ are your P microbe digesters for plants in the Rhizosphere.

These can be added to the seed stock at planting and also with organic or traditional fertilizer additions.
Molasses doesn't improve any work being done in the root zone. Feeding microbes is not the purpose of molasses, I feed my microbes earlier. For snacks I give them a little egg white for the amino acids, they can figure out where the pieces belong. Microbes in soil will make quick work of this mineral boost.

Blackstrap Molasses is an organic potassium BOMB with a Calcium chaser. Iron is also present in good quantity, even magnesium. I'm pretty sure these mineral salts disassociate instantly in water so the plants will have immediate access.

We can talk about chelators and microbes (we gotta have those) but, that isn't the point. None of these can do anything if we don't provide them with the minerals first. It's not the sugar. It's not the microbes. It's not some mysterious bio-stimulant. Plantation Blackstrap Molasses is a potassium BOMB and Calcium chaser.
p.s. Plantation Brand Blackstrap Molasses is my reference for high mineral contents. There are other good brands but I lost my link. Not all are the same.

Not all Blackstrap molasses is the same. Use the ones that hat 600mg Potassium / TBS. These also have 200mg Calcium. Mg, Fe are also present in a good amount.

the only one safe to use is the unsulfered. the other stuff won't do shit.

Back
Top Bottom