FloraKleen in coco question

Cwmoore577

Just had a quick question about using GH FloraKleen in coco.

I know it says fine to use in coco and some people on here say they flush salt buildup with it about every other week or so.

My question is does using 5ml of it in plain water mid-grow not interfere with the cation exchange in the coco? I am right at week 6 in flower and have a possible lockout or salt buildup and want to make sure it's not harmful to use it at this point.

Thanks!

Flush with mild nutrient solution, not plain water. Keep your cal/mag up and flush. I am running a 27 gallon rez and when it's at the last few gallons I add a 3 or more gallons of RO water @ 117 ppm and flush the two gallon Smart pots with 1.5 gallons plus for each pot. I set aside about 1.5 to two gallon of this solution and the last flush I add Great White.

Flush with mild nutrient solution, not plain water. Keep your cal/mag up and flush. I am running a 27 gallon rez and when it's at the last few gallons I add a 3 or more gallons of RO water @ 117 ppm and flush the two gallon Smart pots with 1.5 gallons plus for each pot. I set aside about 1.5 to two gallon of this solution and the last flush I add Great White.
Ok.. do you shoot for a ppm or ec range after adding the 3 gallons?
Also how often is the flush?

Thanks for your insight. I checked out your grow journals, awesome stuff!

Ok.. do you shoot for a ppm or ec range after adding the 3 gallons?
Also how often is the flush?

Thanks for your insight. I checked out your grow journals, awesome stuff!
The ppm or EC range varies, I really don't worry about them, more concerned with the pH of the solution. Normally it cuts the EC about in half. I don't check the runoff.
I do this every rez change which is about every 6 to 7 days.

Thanks for the comment on my journals. I have learned a lot over the years and now it's fairly automatic, just depends on my grow method.

The ppm or EC range varies, I really don't worry about them, more concerned with the pH of the solution. Normally it cuts the EC about in half. I don't check the runoff.
I do this every rez change which is about every 6 to 7 days.

Thanks for the comment on my journals. I have learned a lot over the years and now it's fairly automatic, just depends on my grow method.
I'll have to start doing this. This is my 3rd coco grow and I still have much to learn. I haven't really flushed at all, just made sure there's a fair bit of runoff every time.

I'll definitely be checking out your journals from now on. I've automated much of my grow now as well.

What ph do you aim for in flower? Some say keep near 5.8, some say raise to 6.0-6.2.

I'll have to start doing this. This is my 3rd coco grow and I still have much to learn. I haven't really flushed at all, just made sure there's a fair bit of runoff every time.

I'll definitely be checking out your journals from now on. I've automated much of my grow now as well.

What ph do you aim for in flower? Some say keep near 5.8, some say raise to 6.0-6.2.

Usually in the 5.85 to 5.95 depending on how the pH float is going. With this grow it has been fairly stable so I set it somewhere between 5.85 and 5.90.

Back
Top Bottom