Floranova Bloom - Schedule Confusion & Lucas Formula With Floranova Bloom

flexy123

I am planning to switch to Floranova Bloom (w/ Lucas formula which is 8ml per gal, 2.11ml/L)

My confusion is because:

SOME people say not to always feed 8ml/gal but only each 2nd or 3rd watering?

Should I *also* want to use Floranova Bloom in soil, what dosage should I use then? (Otherwise I am doing Hydro/Hempies/Soiless)

Then there is confusion since when I look up the FloraNova Bloom schedules, eg. it comes up with schedules that say 14ml per 10L (for flower). Which is 1.4ml/L obviously.

When I look up the BOTTLE, on the back of the bottle it says to use max. 3.75/L which is obviously much more than the 14ml per 10L on the schedules. Why is what the bottle says different that what the schedule says?

re: Floranova Bloom, Schedule Confusion & Lucas Formula w/ Floranova Bloom

the old rule of thumb, especially if you dont have a bunch of grows under your belt, is to use HALF of what a fert says to use. i think over feeding, is a common practice, in this hobby, where peoples minds are controled by "yeild yeild yeild"- all chanted, by much of the same group, that talks about the evils of greed, and capitalism, and the filty rich. all jokes, of course. but, you get the point. often, we forget, that "sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander". they love to spend others money, as well. or steal it, by way of taxs, regulations, etc. lol.
Back to the subject. I have used floronova, with good results. and, like many other formulas, i notice very little difference. if i had to pick one line, for YEILD (oh you greedy capitalist!), i would pick fox farms. i may go back to them. they are easy to use, and many are 80% organic. organics, per se, are not for newbies. everytime i did them, i had shitty results. even killed my plants, or, at best, had poor yeilds. Remember this. "you can allways ad more, but, you cant take it away". flushing, is a lifesaving measure, but, ounce a plant has been hurt like that, they never are close to what they could have been. lookup my recent "stubborn crystal" posts. i got burned them early, and, in the end, i got very little out of them. a few bowls. lol.

re: Floranova Bloom - Schedule Confusion & Lucas Formula With Floranova Bloom

Hey Bud how's it going, I browsed through your journal, interesting for your LED's I might have some questions for you if respond. I too am living in Europe France to be exact in the northwest. And unlike you wrote in your journal I use auto's because of exactly the opposite the temperature not hot enough. But one thing that we are in common with is using Floranova Bloom, but you started in 2016 and I'm just starting with it, my second planting coming up.

I too had the questions with the dosage for a liter of water and also the dosage for auto's with bloom. The chart they give you a is not for the feeding amount for auto's, the chart is based on normal feminized plants. I contacted Eurohydo directly the dosage the I got is not at all what yo have wrote down unless it's for Hydro. The dosage they gave for soil me was : 3.79 liters = 1 Gal and the dosage for 1 liter of water is 0.7 ml/L when growing in soil. So if you do the calculation it would equal 2.1 ml/ 3 liters of water, but since 1 gal. = 3.79 liters. You should have your dosage between 2.0 and 2.6 ml to equal 1 gal., if you miss it exactly by one or two points it's not catastrophic. If you used a different dosage than listed above it's possible the heat didn't get them it's possible you nuked them to much with nitros.

I attached the chart they gave me for the dosage for bloom, for feminized seeds or normal growing. For the autos I'll have to make up my own watering schedule and dosage. Also my first grow of one of my plants she is in five weeks of growth at the time, and on one step nutrients Bloom.

I do have one question I'd like to ask and see if you can answer if you respond. I understand you use feminized seeds but have you used CFL's for lighting ? If yes, do you find you get more yield with CFL's or LED's ? I am thinking of trying them this summer because they don't give off that much heat. But before investing the money I want to find out if it gives out a grow ?

Have a good day Bud, Tom
IMG_20171018_173043.jpg
Floranova_chart.PNG

Hello!

The dosage they are giving and general info about the right dosage is extremely confusing.
It is correct that on my bottle here it says 14ml per 10L of water, which would mean 1.4ml/L and 50% of it for Soil.

But do a google search, search for "floranova bloom label"

Which says up to 3.75ml/L for "max strength" or 2.5ml/L for "most plants during later growth". Obviously 3.75 or 2.5 even would be much more than the 1.4ml. So your guess is as good as mine.

The Lucas formula is different anyway since it takes into account that FNB doesn't have that much nitrogen in it since it's a bloom nutrient. All I can tell you is that I use 2.11ml/L (according to Lucus formula), at max strength, right now. And with it I have the best results.I have not seen any signs of nute burn.

Last year when I grew outdoors (soil) I used less FNB, butI had serious troubles and almost lost my harvest.

Right now, I am growing Autos indoors (SS and WW), and this are the biggest Autos I ever grew. (In Winter I always grow indoors).

I don't think you can flower optimally with CFLs (correct me if I am wrong), CFLs give a blueish light so only good for seedlings and vegging. LED would be 1000x better. Although I must say your plants look good! It might be wrong there with CFLs, but it's just I hardly see people doing full grows with CFLs...

Edit: I cannot discount that the official dose (8ml/gal == 2.11ml/L) of FNB for "Lucas Formula" is POSSIBLY way too high.
I simply don't know. But then on same (US) labels of FNB saying 3.75ml/L (yes, LITER) simply doesn't make any sense either since this is so different from some of their feeding charts.

Hey Bud, thanks for answering it's not easy finding out information on the net and information that is useful !! For the dosage I am 100% with you their charts don't explain everything simply. That's why I contacted them because the nitrogens or plant food I started with was just good for veg., after with the flowers coming out, it's not as easy without Bloom or another product.

For the dosage if I understand correctly like me you came to the conclusion that for 1 liter of water it's 0.70 ml Bloom when you're planting in soil. And for 1 gallon it's 2.1 ml of Bloom, I have gone as high as 2.6 with a syringe dosages but not more then that and no problem. The problem is I grow auto's and they don't give the dosage for auto's just Feminized or regular plants. So you have to come up with your own time period and amount the dosage, but I have stuck with the dosage above.

For the CFL's again you are 100% correct they do give off a blue color BUT it depends on the (K). If you want to do feminized seeds not auto indoors, with CFL's for starting you have to use 6700K. It gives off the ultraviolet lite needed for veg., but after 3 to 4 weeks depending on your plant. You have to change to CFL 2400K for the flower stage and the hours change, and the color in the cabin also. Your are at 18/6 and when your in vegie, and when you change for flower you to go to 12/12. For me was too much work with feminized seeds for a inside growing, that's why I switched to auto. With auto it's programed naturally I use 2400K all the distance, from start to finish.You don't need to change the bulbs during periods of life with the plant, and hours on and off it's you who decide. Now with the weather being cold I am on 22/2 because with any light schedule they grow they are programed for that. So for me CFL's do work, yes the don't give out the yields extraordinaire but enough to smoke, and enjoy.

For your auto's when do you start giving Bloom, right when you see flowers or do you wait a little bite ?

Gotta go dude a BIG bob is calling and it's midnight time to party, hope to hear from you and if not take care, Tom

Hey Bud, thanks for answering it's not easy finding out information on the net and information that is useful !! For the dosage I am 100% with you their charts don't explain everything simply. That's why I contacted them because the nitrogens or plant food I started with was just good for veg., after with the flowers coming out, it's not as easy without Bloom or another product.

For the dosage if I understand correctly like me you came to the conclusion that for 1 liter of water it's 0.70 ml Bloom when you're planting in soil. And for 1 gallon it's 2.1 ml of Bloom, I have gone as high as 2.6 with a syringe dosages but not more then that and no problem. The problem is I grow auto's and they don't give the dosage for auto's just Feminized or regular plants. So you have to come up with your own time period and amount the dosage, but I have stuck with the dosage above.

For the CFL's again you are 100% correct they do give off a blue color BUT it depends on the (K). If you want to do feminized seeds not auto indoors, with CFL's for starting you have to use 6700K. It gives off the ultraviolet lite needed for veg., but after 3 to 4 weeks depending on your plant. You have to change to CFL 2400K for the flower stage and the hours change, and the color in the cabin also. Your are at 18/6 and when your in vegie, and when you change for flower you to go to 12/12. For me was too much work with feminized seeds for a inside growing, that's why I switched to auto. With auto it's programed naturally I use 2400K all the distance, from start to finish.You don't need to change the bulbs during periods of life with the plant, and hours on and off it's you who decide. Now with the weather being cold I am on 22/2 because with any light schedule they grow they are programed for that. So for me CFL's do work, yes the don't give out the yields extraordinaire but enough to smoke, and enjoy.

For your auto's when do you start giving Bloom, right when you see flowers or do you wait a little bite ?

Gotta go dude a BIG bob is calling and it's midnight time to party, hope to hear from you and if not take care, Tom

The Lucas formula doesn't really apply to the Flora Nova line. The original Lucas Formula took into account that the grow, bloom and micro ingredients were different, and so a mix of Grow and Bloom was recommended.

I think the reason they feeding schedules change from the bottle has to do with the feeding schedules having other additives that they recommended included, whereas the directions on the bottle assume you're only using Flora Nova.

I always tended to use very little of it, rarely exceeding 1.3 ml/L but I also used it along with other P and K boosters. You can use the Grow Formula for up to two weeks after you start noticing flowers form. Since you're running autos you don't really switch, but I found you don't really want to switch to bloom until it's a little deep into flower.

I'd be careful using particularly high doses of this line because it's very salty. The salts will build up and damage your roots if you don't periodically flush the pot out. I think these nutrients are better suited to hydroponic or soilless grows because of that. Using them in soil, you're kind of putting in more micro-nutrients and salts in than you need and disrupting your soil life so unless it's just a cost/ease thing you'd be better off switching to a soilless mix using these nutrients.

I was thinking of using just Floranova Boom for the entire grow supplemented with Floralicious Plus, It has enough N, P, K to get the job done through veg and flower so I've read, and looking at the info available I'd tend to agree. My baby girl is 2 weeks old now, is a cute little seedling with a bright future :circle-of-love: but also going to grab som GH Koolbloom and Liquid Koolbloom just for that little kick at the right times.

Hi! I am growing for two years using only FNB now and it's great. The only additional thing to do, in the beginning when you feed less than 2.1ml/L (8ml/gal), I add a few drops of ph Down to my water as well. (When used at full strength, you don't need ph Down since FNB already pHs the water. This is so incredibly convenient!)

By the way: GHE has another series out there, "Flora Duo" which also seems very interesting to me. It's basically as easy to use as FNB, although it's two part so it allows some more flexibility. Full dosage is (as far as I remember) 4ml/L, so you'd balance it like 3ml Flora Duo Grow/1ml Flora Duo Bloom in Veg, and then in bloom 1ml/3ml. I might get this next time.

@TheFertilizer : According to the label you would give half strength for a soil grow anyway, but this would really apply for any nutrients. Nothing speaks against feeding less, imho.

Back
Top Bottom