Flourescent lights?

Only Carriage

so, I've never grown before, but I'm really interested in starting and plan to soon. My grow space is probably going to be a small corner in my closet, and I'm probably only going to be growing one plant at a time, since I just want to grow for my personal use. My question is would a flourescent light do the job for one plant?

Yep. You'll find a lot of people that have grown with flourescent lighting. Do some reading and you'll see its very easy.

or T5's. CFL's are better for the 'We Have A Budget?!' budget, and the 42W(150W equivalent) ones make 2700 lumens each. T5's can hang, and for cheapish you can get fixtures in increments of 2ft long (2ft, 4ft, etc) and width, in # of bulbs.
(go for more bulbs! you are the sun in your closet, be excellent at it!)

You need atleast 2000 lumens per square foot of grow space...So calculate each CFLs lumen output. I think CFLs have the best spectrum for growing...But the downside is you need alot of them, thus making an HID light more efficient in the long run.

Start out with the smaller 2' long dual bulb T5 setup for veg. at about 59.95 and use a 250 watt HPS for flowering that would produce a nice suffecient small grow for personal use, just make sure you have adequate ventilation for the 250 bulb since it gets hotter than the CFL T5's do. plan on spending 150.00 for just your lights, but that will be your key to a succesful grow. then learn how to use nuit's on this forum. most people make the mstake of not having enough height to there grow a crampt 3 foot tall space makes flowering a plant that likes to grow tall difficult! a couple of books is also money well spent.

Back
Top Bottom