Flower Essences

Brett2theMax

I was reading the new Cannabible (Cannabible 3) that I just received in the mail a few days ago and I cam across his discussion of Flower Essences and was very intrigued by them. Any one know anything about them? Do you know where I can find more reading about them? I tried to become a member of the flower essence society but when I was signing up I saw it cost money and from what I can tell I think you need to be licensed in the medical field. I would like to learn about flower essences and hopefully learn how to make them, it is a very interesting form of healing.

I am interested in botanical use but also for personal uses as well. I have read that there are some essences that are good for the immune system, others for energy, ect. I am mainly interested in these rather than for plants considering right now I am in college and am not going to grow again untill I am graduated.

no one knows that process of how to make essences?

I have a rough idea of how to make floral essences, but you will need to use a pure solvent such as perfume grade ethanol, and have precise control over temperatures during the distillation process.
As far as unaltered floral essences, there has been some work done it Switzerland re canna aromatherapy. I will try and find out more for you.
In the meantime, I strongly suggest you get Ed Rosenthal's new book to read the chapter on the secret of cannabis aromas. I could give you an abridged version, but out of respect to Ed, I think you should buy the book.

Cannabis flower essential oil is a distillation-derived essential oil of the upper flower of the cannabis plant. The oil's properties make it soothing to the skin, beneficial to other plants and naturally sweet smelling. If you want to make good use of the natural essential oil then simply follow these steps.
Instructions
Difficulty: Moderate
Steps
1Step OneUse the oil for aromatherapy. You can place a few drops of cannabis essential oil in an aromatherapy dish or you can mix it with other scents such as lavender to get a relaxing and soothing scent. Relax in the bath or simply place the oil around your home to notice the healthy effects of the oil.
2Step TwoMix the oil into natural perfumes. If you prefer natural scents to harsh smelling or alcohol-based perfume or cologne, then try using cannabis essential oil as a base of additive for a natural scent that is healthy for your skin and general system.
3Step ThreeUse the oil for plant protection. Studies have found that cannabis essential oil has an anti-fungal effect in plants. Using the cannabis oil to protect plants will take a little bit of experimentation since the study of the oil's effects on plants is still in early stages. However, the oil is very unlikely to harm plants and will most likely produce either no effect or a positive one.
4Step FourTry the oil as an insect repellent. If you don't like to use harsh chemical insect repellents such as DEET, cannabis essential oil is a well proven substitute for certain kinds of repellent. The alpha-pinene and limonene components of the oil are known to have repellent effects for a number of different kinds of insects. Rub a teaspoon of the oil onto your skin and enjoy the benefits of natural insect repellent.

I found this also.

One of the newest and yet oldest Aromatherapy product finding its healing way into salons and spas around the world are Aromatic Hydrosols, better known as Floral Waters. A true hydrosol is the actual by-product of the aromatic distillation process, made by distilling plant material at low temperatures and pressure in pure spring water and stainless steel equipment to insure optimum cleanliness.

When plants are steam distilled to produce essential oils some very valuable compounds of the plant that are not found in the essence become dissolved in the distillation water. Thus, Hydro - water and sol - the sun's energy in the form of the organic plant material. Hydrosols, actually referred to as hydrolats in Europe, are removed from the still shortly after distillation. A true Aromatic Hydrosol has unique aromatherapeutic properties. Unlike many of the floral waters on the market today that are made simply of distilled water with essential oils or synthetic fragrance, alcohol and sometimes sugar added to them.

You could quite easily adapt this to cannabis.

Thanks for all the info Moos! Very interesting, I will probably end up purchasing Ed's book for further reading.

Yes I did see the shout out to 420 times, it was pretty cool though I wish he would have done more than just say the name. I was also a little disappointed when Jason King was talking about posting experimental techniques on Overgrow.com and he could have said 420 times along with overgrow but meglected too.

Back
Top Bottom