Flowering - 400W HPS + 400W HPS vs 400W HPS + 400W MH

Blue Lightning

The title really says it all. My plants are growing pretty slow and have been in the flowering state for about a month now. At the moment I have 2x 400W HPS on them, but should I convert to the latter system of HPS + MH for growth, or does it even work that way?

Thanks in advance!

If you running Magnetic ballasts...I would recommend a Ceramic Metal Halide... they are pretty cheep (about 65$) and they have the same red output as a HPS but with a much better blue end and fuller spectrum...

If you running Magnetic ballasts...I would recommend a Ceramic Metal Halide... they are pretty cheep (about 65$) and they have the same red output as a HPS but with a much better blue end and fuller spectrum...

That doesn't really answer my question. Let me rephrase: does the plant benefit from a MH lamp (mainly blue spectrum) while on flowering period? Does blue spectrum still increase it's growth?

That doesn't really answer my question. Let me rephrase: does the plant benefit from a MH lamp (mainly blue spectrum) while on flowering period? Does blue spectrum still increase it's growth?

the answer would be YES

i agree with icemud, you can use this bulb thru the entire grow acutally.

Back
Top Bottom