Flowering Clones..... are they worth it?

HandyMF4u

Whats up Y'all?
Its been a while since Ive been in here and I have some questions to stir up.

I have cloned from both flowering plants and veg plants and have cloned as late as three days before harvest and had great success....But, I'm not sure if there is any advantage in any of the stages as far as harvest time is concerned.
I have had arguments about whether or not it is better to clone from flowering plants or from veg plants, and it always ends up with "I cant tell".

Anyone?

The only thing I can say is that the longer you wait during flowering for the buds to get some density to them the bigger the risk of mold on the clones in the dome. You have to constantly pick the bud rot until out of the dome, and if you leave em for to long without fresh air..... you will get mold.
Keep it clean and you will be fine though no matter what time you cut clones.

It does however take a flowering clone a few days longer to root and show some new vegetation than it does for a nonflowering clone.
I think you get more bud sites on a flowering clone myself.

I have to say that I have done some kick ass plants and I have done names like Alaska Big Bud, Bubble Gum, Sense Star, Blue Berry, Silver Fox, and a couple I'm not sure about. I LOVE the Star.

And I forget what the other question was....... :smokin:

I'm not sure what your trying to say here. Neither method is better or faster than the other. Both have their purposes and work well for them. Vegetive cloning is more for those keeping mother plants and large veg room. Large amounts of cuttings are taken from mom at any time or when more plants are needed. These clones are vegged to a certain size in a large veg room or box usually the same one as mom is in and then flowered to completion in a flowering room. Nothing more done with them.
Flowering clones were originally developed to allow a person with a small cabinet or even cardboard box and small floros to strike a clone, reveg it, and then reflower it. The process was set up so that you took clones at 21 days into flower for a 8 week strain. By the time your original mother is done flowering the clone taken from her is ready for flower herself. You then take a clone from her at day 21 and continue the process. The flowering clone idea was thought up to accomplish continuous grows without mother plants and large veg rooms. If your strain is a 10 week strain then you strike your clones at 35 days into flower.

The flowering clone was found to be a great scrog starter and was found to be better for scrog grows because for some reason the flowering clone is more inclined to branch out than normal clones are. Why I don't know. a botonist would have to tell you that one. But other than that application the flowering clone is taken to time a harvest and new grow more than it is due to being better or worse than traditionall cloning methods.They are both great ways to continue on growing a certain strain.

I knew that there was more science to it than what I do but what I'm asking I guess is that when taken from a flowering plant (one room) you do get more sites at the end, but are you really getting more as far as weight and girth is concerned?

And since the flowering clones seem to have a harder time in the dome, does it cause stress that you pay for in the end?

I was a bit stoned yesterday, and got side tracked on what I was saying. Imagine that.

I'm trying to determine if its better for me to split my room in half and start a 6 week rotation, or stick with what I have and keep one grow at a time.
I have a hard time getting through the 90 days with the single room.

Does any of that make any sense?

Thanks for that insight on the clones RaceFan.

I knew that there was more science to it than what I do but what I'm asking I guess is that when taken from a flowering plant (one room) you do get more sites at the end, but are you really getting more as far as weight and girth is concerned?

And since the flowering clones seem to have a harder time in the dome, does it cause stress that you pay for in the end?

I was a bit stoned yesterday, and got side tracked on what I was saying. Imagine that.

I'm trying to determine if its better for me to split my room in half and start a 6 week rotation, or stick with what I have and keep one grow at a time.
I have a hard time getting through the 90 days with the single room.

Does any of that make any sense?

Thanks for that insight on the clones RaceFan.
Can't help you with answers about the dome. Don't use them. Not neccessary. I harden my clones from the minute i cut them. if they can't survive without a dome they are too weak for me to use.
As for weight..well most of the weight from my grows are at the colas which a flowering clone will give you more of. It make more sense that more weight will be there but that isn't wriiten in stone. The only way to know for sure is a side by side grow.
The biggest draw back I've seen from flowering clones is weaker stem systems. One reason I advocate using themfor scrogs. scrogs are supported by a screen and don't need to support themselves.
As for splitting your room...well your going to have to make that decision for yourself. you know your needs and requirements better than anyone and only you can make that decision.

Can't help you with answers about the dome. Don't use them. Not neccessary. I harden my clones from the minute i cut them. if they can't survive without a dome they are too weak for me to use.
As for weight..well most of the weight from my grows are at the colas which a flowering clone will give you more of. It make more sense that more weight will be there but that isn't wriiten in stone. The only way to know for sure is a side by side grow.
The biggest draw back I've seen from flowering clones is weaker stem systems. One reason I advocate using themfor scrogs. scrogs are supported by a screen and don't need to support themselves.
As for splitting your room...well your going to have to make that decision for yourself. you know your needs and requirements better than anyone and only you can make that decision.

Got a link where I can study this no dome clone method?

Back
Top Bottom