Flowering clones

Does any one have any tips on flowering cuttings? Or is it the same process as regular cuts?

Rob
Can you clarify post? Sound like you want to flower your cuttings? Lol

If your talking about taking cuttings from a flowering plant, than they might take a bit longer to root than normal cuttings from a plant in veg.

Longer the plant was in flower, then usually takes a bit longer for clones to root and revert back to veg Stage.

They are called monster clones, cuts taken from flowering plant. Which produce major branching as they grow! Hence Monster Clones.

Now if your talking about just flowering clones...
Usually cuts are taken from a known female, plants which shows sex, have preflowers and it is sextually mature.

Then you can flower them anytime you like. Long as mother plant has matured and showed sex They will flower immediately.

I am reading (over and over) not to treat them any differently than oter photperiod growers. Genetically they should be exactly as the Mother. My second crop of clones just went into the flower room a few weeks ago and are alreay showing good flowing on every plant.

:goodluck:
Sorry I want to make sure I did not confuse you. Clones ned to be rooted and repotted before you flower them. There are sevearl benefits to cloning - maintaining good genetics, predictable harvest and quality etc. I personally think I shave at least a month off my grow time in veg by cloning. Here's what I suggest:
  • When your clones begin to root it will be very apparent to you because they lose all droopiness and then begin to grow fast. In my experience they can begin to look better in a few days but it takes a week or so for roots to begin to develop. I put my clones into 6" clear pots so they can stay there for a month or until they develop some strong roots - and I can see the root development.
  • Once they are firmly rooted - I repot directly into the 5 gal fabric bags I use for the rest of the grow. If root development is strong it still take a few days to get used to the new home but once they do they will rocket into veg. I typically spend 6-9 weeks in veg and they are ready to flower. I like to wait until they start to get a little leggy (I grow primarily Sativas and this may not apply at all to Indica dominant strains). A part of this schedule is my own limitation on grow space ion my flower room which can hold 10 plants maximum. If I flower my girls for 10+ weeks as Sativa's sometimes demand, my cloned girls will stay in veg for that whole period.
  • When I put my veg'd out clones into flower I take a new set of clones from those plants that look the strongest or the ones I want to keep the strain going as a part of my perpetual grow. For strains I love and value I keep a plan in veg for up to a year and take many clones during that time.
  • In veg and flower clones act just like a seed grown, photoperiod plant. They will take 10-14 days to begin to show flowering and my Sativas can take more than 70 days - 10+ weeks in flower.
  • Do not count on a clock to tell you when they are done in flower, instead use a jewelers loop to check your pistils and trichomes. When 70%-80% of your pistils are red and the trichomes begin to turn more than 50% milky watch your harvest closely. Personally I take a sample at week 8-9 and dry, cure for 10-14 days minimum before I smoke to see what I am getting. Do NOT rely on this as a taste test as proper curing will improve both potency and taste.
I hope that helps, clones save time, preserve valued genetics but don't grow any differently that any other plant past their fragile seedling stage.

:welcome:

I am reading (over and over) not to treat them any differently than oter photperiod growers. Genetically they should be exactly as the Mother. My second crop of clones just went into the flower room a few weeks ago and are alreay showing good flowing on every plant.

:goodluck:
Sorry for the confusion! I did not word it right! I took some cuts from a OG in flower. It was in week 1 of flower. I was trying to clone the cuts from the plant and just wanted to see if they needed different PH or light nutrients rather than just 5.8 PH water.

Sorry I want to make sure I did not confuse you. Clones ned to be rooted and repotted before you flower them. There are sevearl benefits to cloning - maintaining good genetics, predictable harvest and quality etc. I personally think I shave at least a month off my grow time in veg by cloning. Here's what I suggest:
  • When your clones begin to root it will be very apparent to you because they lose all droopiness and then begin to grow fast. In my experience they can begin to look better in a few days but it takes a week or so for roots to begin to develop. I put my clones into 6" clear pots so they can stay there for a month or until they develop some strong roots - and I can see the root development.
  • Once they are firmly rooted - I repot directly into the 5 gal fabric bags I use for the rest of the grow. If root development is strong it still take a few days to get used to the new home but once they do they will rocket into veg. I typically spend 6-9 weeks in veg and they are ready to flower. I like to wait until they start to get a little leggy (I grow primarily Sativas and this may not apply at all to Indica dominant strains). A part of this schedule is my own limitation on grow space ion my flower room which can hold 10 plants maximum. If I flower my girls for 10+ weeks as Sativa's sometimes demand, my cloned girls will stay in veg for that whole period.
  • When I put my veg'd out clones into flower I take a new set of clones from those plants that look the strongest or the ones I want to keep the strain going as a part of my perpetual grow. For strains I love and value I keep a plan in veg for up to a year and take many clones during that time.
  • In veg and flower clones act just like a seed grown, photoperiod plant. They will take 10-14 days to begin to show flowering and my Sativas can take more than 70 days - 10+ weeks in flower.
  • Do not count on a clock to tell you when they are done in flower, instead use a jewelers loop to check your pistils and trichomes. When 70%-80% of your pistils are red and the trichomes begin to turn more than 50% milky watch your harvest closely. Personally I take a sample at week 8-9 and dry, cure for 10-14 days minimum before I smoke to see what I am getting. Do NOT rely on this as a taste test as proper curing will improve both potency and taste.
I hope that helps, clones save time, preserve valued genetics but don't grow any differently that any other plant past their fragile seedling stage.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom