Flowering Done Yet?

jaspertodd

HI :tokin: Iam a new grower.Trying my hand at Afghan Kush.I grow using Hydroponic.
I use GH nutrients,400 MH-HPS light.Iam now well into my 9th week of flowering.My tricones are still clear and some milky.I have noticed over the past week there are new pistols growing and shes still budding.So i figured i would leave her go for a week or two more of flowering before flushing for a week.
Well my ?? is,is it ok to go up to 12weeks?Like i cant over flower my plant or anything can i?I ask cause i been growing this bitch since late Sep-Oct from seed.I just dont feel shes ready.But iam also new to this so i have no clue?
Shes pretty big 5ft tall.So what do you expert growers think?Sry no pics.
Plus alot of my tricones are flat looking,like not mushroom head shaped.Looks like poors close up,like round drops no stem.Not all but alot from what i can see with my 100x microscope.Thanks for the help:peacetwo:

While there is guidelines to how long you may want to flower, each strain can vary in how long it needs to flower. It may be different from time to time even with the same strain due to changing conditions and other circumstances. If your plant is still packing on weight I would let it keep flowering. If you are not seeing any amber tricombs either you still got a good while left that you can flower those babies.:thumb: I usually wait until I see mostly all cloudy and amber tricombs but even that is my own preference. I found the more amber tricombs you have the heavier of a high it is and for me thats what i am looking for something to put me on the couch :tokin: Some people go for 75% cloudy and about 25% amber I would say thats a perfect medium between an overly heavy high and something that is more energizing. Another thing to look for is how the tricombs actually look when they are really ready they will almost fall over or bend at the top kind of droop.:yummy: Hope this helped.

While there is guidelines to how long you may want to flower, each strain can vary in how long it needs to flower. It may be different from time to time even with the same strain due to changing conditions and other circumstances. If your plant is still packing on weight I would let it keep flowering. If you are not seeing any amber tricombs either you still got a good while left that you can flower those babies.:thumb: I usually wait until I see mostly all cloudy and amber tricombs but even that is my own preference. I found the more amber tricombs you have the heavier of a high it is and for me thats what i am looking for something to put me on the couch :tokin: Some people go for 75% cloudy and about 25% amber I would say thats a perfect medium between an overly heavy high and something that is more energizing. Another thing to look for is how the tricombs actually look when they are really ready they will almost fall over or bend at the top kind of droop.:yummy: Hope this helped.
Then i guess thats why my tricones look like little droplets,cause there falling over.
Can i ask 1 more ??? from you please?
Around 2 weeks ago i flushed my plants for 5 days,and thats when i realy noticed the growing gowing on.But i also noticed before i flushed my root system was all redish,brown also white.And she seemed to be lacking nutrients.but when i did that flush it,it cleaned them right up,pure white again.And when i made a new batch of Nutrients it seemed she took well to it.
Is that ok?That i flushed,then started a new batch of Nutrients?Like it wont cause her to go into shock right?Looks good thow.Ok thats all thank you so much for the reply.
I think iam getting the hang of this thow finaly.I tell ya what thow,I will never listen to anyone again that says it easy to grow a plant lol.I mean its not hard,but alot of time and love.:peacetwo:

Then i guess thats why my tricones look like little droplets,cause there falling over.
Can i ask 1 more ??? from you please?
Around 2 weeks ago i flushed my plants for 5 days,and thats when i realy noticed the growing gowing on.But i also noticed before i flushed my root system was all redish,brown also white.And she seemed to be lacking nutrients.but when i did that flush it,it cleaned them right up,pure white again.And when i made a new batch of Nutrients it seemed she took well to it.
Is that ok?That i flushed,then started a new batch of Nutrients?Like it wont cause her to go into shock right?Looks good thow.Ok thats all thank you so much for the reply.
I think iam getting the hang of this thow finaly.I tell ya what thow,I will never listen to anyone again that says it easy to grow a plant lol.I mean its not hard,but alot of time and love.:peacetwo:

Hmm Well you said this is a hydroponic grow so it is That sounds like one of two things. Root Rot or your temps in the reservoir are way to warm. You Want 60-68 Degrees Fahrenheit max. Another problem is the roots may not be getting enough oxygen, check your air stone and make sure its not clogged. You did the right thing by flushing them, it sounds like the slow down in growth was probably due to the root rot starting either from warm temps or not enough air or combination of both. Sounds Like you are back on the right track though, I would keep a close eye on it and maybe ad some root booster to your mix.:morenutes: Hope this helps.

Hmm Well you said this is a hydroponic grow so it is That sounds like one of two things. Root Rot or your temps in the reservoir are way to warm. You Want 60-68 Degrees Fahrenheit max. Another problem is the roots may not be getting enough oxygen, check your air stone and make sure its not clogged. You did the right thing by flushing them, it sounds like the slow down in growth was probably due to the root rot starting either from warm temps or not enough air or combination of both. Sounds Like you are back on the right track though, I would keep a close eye on it and maybe ad some root booster to your mix.:morenutes: Hope this helps.

Hmmm?My temp in my res is probley 75 or so.I have a automatic fish tank heater.Theres no control on it.Keeps the tank 75.I guess i should boot that maybe?And as for the airstones there cheap little fishtank ones.They suck.In my area we dont have Hydo shops.So i guess i will have to buy a realy good one online.Been wanting to do that anywho.The only thing i was realy worried about was over flowering.I didnt know if it would turn into a hermy,die,or the plant would be worthless,after all that work.but i think its ok now.I think it got Nutrient lock out from all the Nutrients over time.
You think it would be ok to flush in between veg-flower next round?
Ok thank you sooooo much.:goodjob:

Do you have a meter, ppm, EC, pH? You said something to the effect of you just kept adding nutes?

I have a cheap little fill to the line add 3-4 drops of ph checker and try to get as close as you can to the color chart.But iam investing in a good PH checker next round.I have a pretty good PPM meter thow.
I just think i got root rot from the heater in the water and all the Nutrients over time.I go by how they say to feed your plants for hydroponics.
But i think my next grow iam gonna flush between veg-flower.
Cause i started back in Late Sep early oct.So thats like 3 months veg and 2-3 months flower.So that alot of roots soaking in the bucket 24-7 that long.

Back
Top Bottom