Flowering Help Please

TheRealist99

Hello, I have a question, I know that plants when put into flower require more P than other nutrients, my question is that my plants have been put into flowering over a week ago and i'm still seeing little to none signs of pre-flowers. I know it can take some time for a plant to show signs of flowering but Will adding ONLY Bloom nutrients (Specifically Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Base Nutrient) help induce flowering? Will it speed up my plants going into flower? I do not want to have trouble by only adding one nutrient in a 3 part nutrient regiment but i have heard it may be okay to add just a bit of bloom only to help your plant. Is this true or just more Urban Myths? All comments are appreciated. Thanks ( My plant is 70% Indica 20% sativa) :thanks::420::peace:

No - that will not help. Only hurt.

A plant has a certain life cycle. It does no good to try and hurry it along with nutrients. The only thing you will produce is a nutrient imbalance (at best) and burned leaves or dead plant (at worst).

A plant needs a balance of nutrients throughout its life. This balance changes slowly from seedling to vegetative to flowering from more N and K to more P and K. Adding more P will only help if you have a shortage of P - there really is no magical boost from adding P at some random time in the plants life if you have a balanced nutrient plan. The P does go up slowly over time... as the plant needs more of it.

The flowering cycle is attached directly to the lighting cycle. The flowering cycle is induced by the production of a hormone that only occurs at night - sunlight destroys this hormone. When the plant reaches a certain size, and there is a certain ratio of sunlight to dark - then the plant will go into flowering.

In the best of cases it takes two weeks to make this transition (clones from mothers taken in flowering will go faster) - and no amount of additional P is going to help.

There does seem to be a valid way of boosting a plant into flowering - and that is to leave the lights off for 24 hours to start the flowering stage. This will allow the hormone to accumulate and the 12 hours of light won't be enough to reduce the levels back to a veg state. Gives the plant a kick start on bud production. But it is too late for you to try this - will just induce stress in the plant.

Let it ride... everything will be OK with time. As growers, we are often our own worst enemies.

No - that will not help. Only hurt.

A plant has a certain life cycle. It does no good to try and hurry it along with nutrients. The only thing you will produce is a nutrient imbalance (at best) and burned leaves or dead plant (at worst).

A plant needs a balance of nutrients throughout its life. This balance changes slowly from seedling to vegetative to flowering from more N and K to more P and K. Adding more P will only help if you have a shortage of P - there really is no magical boost from adding P at some random time in the plants life if you have a balanced nutrient plan. The P does go up slowly over time... as the plant needs more of it.

The flowering cycle is attached directly to the lighting cycle. The flowering cycle is induced by the production of a hormone that only occurs at night - sunlight destroys this hormone. When the plant reaches a certain size, and there is a certain ratio of sunlight to dark - then the plant will go into flowering.

In the best of cases it takes two weeks to make this transition (clones from mothers taken in flowering will go faster) - and no amount of additional P is going to help.

There does seem to be a valid way of boosting a plant into flowering - and that is to leave the lights off for 24 hours to start the flowering stage. This will allow the hormone to accumulate and the 12 hours of light won't be enough to reduce the levels back to a veg state. Gives the plant a kick start on bud production. But it is too late for you to try this - will just induce stress in the plant.

Let it ride... everything will be OK with time. As growers, we are often our own worst enemies.
Now that is sound advice if I was you I would deffenetly listen to greenlife cause if you go messing in them departmemrnts you might end up crying
I messed up a diesel in a very similar way:smokin: I wish now I would have asked befor doing just wait girls are girls what more could I say
greenest blessings on your grow Jai Jaganatha

I know it can take some time for a plant to show signs of flowering but Will adding ONLY Bloom nutrients (Specifically Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Base Nutrient) help induce flowering? Will it speed up my plants going into flower?

I think GreatLife4All has already made a very good answer & comment on your questions but I'd like to add a little analogy to help you understand from a more basic level.

If you were a body builder do you get bigger muscles because you start taking supplements? No! Weights & exercise have to happen first, the diet / supplements / protein shakes are nothing more than something to help the body recover and give the muscles what they need to repair faster / grow bigger and also give back the body what it lost during exercise (for the most part).

In flowering, the plant is the body builder and the LIGHTS are the weights... the nutes are nothing more than the right diet & the exact supplements that are needed. The lights are driving the plant to make the hormonal changes to flower, and the nutes are making sure the plant has everything it needs to flower correctly.

Sure probably not the best analog in the world but after a few tokes off my extreme-Q + water pipe, for whatever reason "creativity" struck and out came some random stuff about body building (note: i do not light weights run - at least unless i am chased).

At any rate, TheRealist99 I would suggest if at all possible you try and even out the nutes with the rest of the bloom regimen.... while it is true that during bloom there is far more of a need for the P & K and not so much the N, there are a whole host of secondary & micro elements taht the plant will def. need to get through flowering and stay healthy!

Check here: Nutrients: What's in them and how they work and effect ph!

or here Nutrients Explained, How the Plant Use What you give them! - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

... for a few examples and more details :)

Best of luck my friend!

Back
Top Bottom