Flowering Period Length

tomatofarmer

Welcome, i have learned a ton from this website and my fellow growers (mad props!) I hit day 56 in my flowering period (since switching to 12/12 if thats what you considering as flowering stage?)

I gave my girls some mad hair cuts, but also have been giving my ladies good nutrients and environment i still feel it may have slowed them down abit being my first go at anything like this.

After reading Ed Rosenthal's book and many forums about flowering stage i came to the consensus that a 40-60 day flowering period is expected. I know strain makes everything and autoflowering as well effects the ripening time.

What are you guys and girls getting for your average flowering stage? and what should i expect?
(sorry if the question requires to broad of an answer)

any Input and advice appreciated.

Side note
My plants (about 40') have about half of my girls Stigmas (white hair things) are turning color so im expecting some noticeable bud growth happening here quick. trichs frosty on one of my plants as well
also i know part of it is growers discretion so i really could harvest kinda when i choose.

If the white hairs aren't brownish/orangish yet and don't look like they are starting ot whither, then you probably have anohter week or two to go. But, at this stage what is more important than anything else is the trichomes. If they are all clear, it's not time yet. When they are cloudy, it's getting to be time. When 20 - 30 percent are an amber color ..... it's time. Some people harvest when they are mostly cloudy .... and that is fine but will give more of a sativa high (in my opinion). 56 is the least I would do. Some like to go for 72 or longer.

Go to radio shack and get thier little magnifier it has a 5, 10 and 15 power lens. It will allow you to see what the trichomes (frosty resin) look like.

I got a scope from radio shack years ago. Does the job.
DSC011075.jpg

Back
Top Bottom