Flowering plant turning purple outdoors

giezzi92

hello my weed is 3 weeks away from Harvest and some of the leaves and buds are starting to turn purple, I'm guessing it's because of the cold temperatures? also some of the buds don't have any white hair they're all red but it's way too early for that why is that?

any side effects of leaves turning purple? (it's very slithlty)

hello my weed is 3 weeks away from Harvest and some of the leaves and buds are starting to turn purple, I'm guessing it's because of the cold temperatures? also some of the buds don't have any white hair they're all red but it's way too early for that why is that?

any side effects of leaves turning purple? (it's very slithlty)
I dont know enough to help you but I do know when one of the experts come on they’re going to request a picture

CA936BAD-68DD-4CE2-A410-319C330CFB4B.jpeg

for example, here’s a green crack I grew a while back.

'Tis the season, I think. This has come up recently, here is a nice visual
Celt’s 2020 Grows

In my journal I have had some great input about purpling, too ...

Purps is genetics for sure and the cold temps bring it out faster.

Its actually a good sign. Not sure why you say 3 more weeks. Thats gonna get you into the rainy season and thats going to get you mold.

If you're running outside which it sounds like, special kush 1 is a late September plant running 7-8 weeks flower. Flowering started like the first week of August in NA.

With all orange pistols I'd be checking calyx shape and likely harvesting. I wouldn't wait too long specially with rains coming. That and the 2 legged varmits running amuk.

It's a combination of genetics and temperature differential. Outdoors especially in fall the night time temps drop significantly overnight. That triggers the darker blue/purple hues. It's common to have some very colorful plants as they reach their peak of ripeness.
wow! all of my friends will be SO jealous lol. i've never seen purple weed in my country

Purps is genetics for sure and the cold temps bring it out faster.

Its actually a good sign. Not sure why you say 3 more weeks. Thats gonna get you into the rainy season and thats going to get you mold.

If you're running outside which it sounds like, special kush 1 is a late September plant running 7-8 weeks flower. Flowering started like the first week of August in NA.

With all orange pistols I'd be checking calyx shape and likely harvesting. I wouldn't wait too long specially with rains coming. That and the 2 legged varmits running amuk.
i'm from the EU, here weed starts flowering the first's of September... from the size of the buds i'd say im 2-3 weeks out, likely 2, but i like to get that weight...

Depends where one is at for sure as farther north of the 45th parallel is probably already hitting that time of year where you fight it/or a lost cause (and even at the 45th), farther south of the 45th or a less rainy part of the Country/World you can sometimes get them into mid November before cold/rain becomes an issue.

Temperature might contribute to the purple coloring in the right strain. I figure that light quality also contributes.

Last year I grew a couple of Papaya clones on the patio. They never turned purple. This year I put several Girl Scout Cookie clones in the same spot so it got the same amounts of light and radiated heat from the backroom and the back of the house. The clones started to pick up a purple color to the leaves. Subtle, but it is there. And the leaf petioles turned a reddish purple. The plants are now inside to finish up under some T5 HO fixtures with LED tubes instead of fluorescent bulbs.

purple1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom