Flowering problem? Day 40, advice needed!

toiskis

420 Member
HYDRO
IMG_20210505_000158.jpg
IMG_20210505_000153.jpg

What Strain is it?
Bag seed, sold as Cookies Gelato

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid

How Many Plants? 1

Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering

If in Flowering Stage... How Long? Almost at week 6 (day 40)

Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
Hydro

If Hydro, Reservoir size? 12L

If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? ~22°C
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
Hydro corn, gold label

If Hydro, what type of Setup? GHE Waterfarm + extra airstone(dwc)

Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
250w hps

Is it Air Cooled? Yes, cooltube.
25cm above canopy top

Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
~27°C day and ~17°C night

RH of Room/Cabinet? ~40%

PH of Medium or Reservoir? 5.7-6.3

Any Pests? Not visible

How Often are you Watering? Res. Change once a week
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Advanced nutrients:
Grow micro bloom, overdrive, b-52, rhino skin, bud candy, cal mag

Feeding currently at 1/2 doses, i did a 24h flush 2 days ago. Fed 1,9ec fresh 8L, plants ate to 1,6ec. Now ec has been rising to 1,9.
I add phed water between res. change to keep ec 1,6-1,9

Size or Square Footage of Room
0,36m2

So, i got ec rising; but are these overfeeding problems?

I dont know what causes the yellowing on fan leaves.

This is my first hydro grow, experience is from few grows on soil years ago.

Should i just feed them little lower doces than half to keep ec lower?

Plan is to harvest at week 9, including 10 day flush with An flawless finish.

Happy growing

Toiskis

Leaf Problem / Symptoms: With a marijuana potassium deficiency, you’ll generally see symptoms on older leaves, but not always. Sometimes you’ll see the symptoms at the top of the plant. Leaves with a potassium deficiency get yellow, brown, or burnt edges and tips. The burnt edges may look a little like nutrient burn, except the affected leaves also start turning yellow in the margins.

I think @Drillerjoe is correct you have some cal / mg issues.

If your facing rising EC towards end of flower just lower your nutes accordingly.

Ph 5.8 - 6.5 is perfectly fine with hydro (don't worry, I couldn't tell you for soil to save my life). :rofl:

Don't flush, feed till harvest. IMHO

Proper drying and curing is what does the taste. :green_heart:

(I'm not highly experienced- bluter I much more than i)

nunya is right. at this point a lot of plants will pull from the leaves.

it does look a bit early and is asking for potassium. a mild pk boost wouldn't hurt, i would have started it about 2 wks ago. still not too late.

nunya is right. at this point a lot of plants will pull from the leaves.

it does look a bit early and is asking for potassium. a mild pk boost wouldn't hurt, i would have started it about 2 wks ago. still not too late.
I was using AN big bud for weeks 3-5,dropped it before 24h flush and then started the last nutrient line for last 3 weeks, so are you saying i should still be using big bud and not Overdrive yet?

Harvesting at 9weeks is the original plan, its cool if it takes a bit longer.

Leaf Problem / Symptoms: With a marijuana potassium deficiency, you’ll generally see symptoms on older leaves, but not always. Sometimes you’ll see the symptoms at the top of the plant. Leaves with a potassium deficiency get yellow, brown, or burnt edges and tips. The burnt edges may look a little like nutrient burn, except the affected leaves also start turning yellow in the margins.
Yes, this was my conclusion before i asked grom you guys.

So going a little lower on nutes for the last 3 weeks, i think that is how im rolling...

Ps. had ec 2.1-2.3 at flowering weeks 3 and 4. After that, first burnt tips appeared and since i have been under 1.9ec.

Yellowing means resources are being pulled from fans to make flowers but this happens. Think your upper ph is too high for hydro. I’m soil guy (mostly) but going to ask @bluter or @Rexer to swing by, let’s see if one of them is around later
I had problems with ph and my nutes, my AN series is the "ph perfect" full of crap without RO water IMO. My tap water is near to 7 ph and 0.17ec.
i adjust the ph of the water down to near 6.0 and then nutes makes it 5.7-6.3

For the next nutrients im going with Greenhouse Feeding mineral powder series. Like they say : Keep it simple.

I had problems with ph and my nutes, my AN series is the "ph perfect" full of crap without RO water IMO. My tap water is near to 7 ph and 0.17ec.
i adjust the ph of the water down to near 6.0 and then nutes makes it 5.7-6.3

For the next nutrients im going with Greenhouse Feeding mineral powder series. Like they say : Keep it simple.
morning @toiskis . I do hydro as well, my tap water also is about 7.0. I never run my res. above 1.2 with great results. Set your res. at 5.5 and let it climb. And it will climb fast when you are this far into flower. Looks like a mag. deficiency, hydro and flowering equates to some heavy cal/mag needs. When your res. levels off at a set ph (stops rising for at least a week) your are getting close to the end. In these last few weeks she should stop feeding on her own, keep suppling though, let her decide. :ganjamon:

Hey, thank you for sharing your thoughts.
I know i had too high ec with this grow, next time i wont be so blind for biggest marketing nutrients and their max 4ml/L doses..
I know this is a never ending debate but to Flush or not.
For me i think flushing this crop is needed.(only IMO)
Every feeding schedule suggest flush, so why not?

I use AN faithfully but I never have got to max dose, I mix 1/2 strength but may take it to 3/4 when plants are in flower. Their sensi cal mag extra will add alot of ppm to your rez.
Yea, i have been reading the same. But still if we go back to the basic with the ec, ph, waterlevel chart; running half dose its too much.
What water do you use? Tap, RO, rain?

I was using AN big bud for weeks 3-5,dropped it before 24h flush and then started the last nutrient line for last 3 weeks, so are you saying i should still be using big bud and not Overdrive yet?

Harvesting at 9weeks is the original plan, its cool if it takes a bit longer.

the two overlapped when i ran AN. suspect you might have started a bit early depending on when you began counting after flip. could be a wk or so back. big bud is a pk boost, so i'm thinking it may be mag def we are looking at instead.

you should be running a cal-mag in those conditions if hydro and under led. the plant has been getting there on just what is in the tap.

i really don't think stuff is all that bad. should make it no matter.

the two overlapped when i ran AN. suspect you might have started a bit early depending on when you began counting after flip. could be a wk or so back. big bud is a pk boost, so i'm thinking it may be mag def we are looking at instead.

you should be running a cal-mag in those conditions if hydro and under led. the plant has been getting there on just what is in the tap.

i really don't think stuff is all that bad. should make it no matter.
Thank you for commenting, i count from flipping the switch 12/12.

I do use cal mag by AN 1ml/L, ill try to add it little more.

Thank you for commenting, i count from flipping the switch 12/12.

I do use cal mag by AN 1ml/L, ill try to add it little more.

i count that way as well. if i count at all lol :p

that's considered an 'early' count. a 'late' count would be counting from 2wks past changing the light sched, or from the day pistils first appear if watching daily. as such you may have been on the big bud a tad early. it's not a big deal.

sorry for some reason i thought you were on tap with no cal mag.

if you stick with hydro i'd suggest getting an RO filter. it neutralizes the water so you gain closer control of the inputs. control is really what hydro is all about.

Back
Top Bottom