Flowering problems

desiBud420

Hi all

I have a crown royale in flowering. She doesn't smell as it used to in previous flowering attempts. Getting kind of a rubbery metallic smell. That is just the beginning concern.

I'm having some problems with her in flowering and a similar pattern in a few others that are currently in veg (but they smell fine as per previous grows - these are all clones not from seeds from previous successful grows), where the one in question in flowering into about the 4/5th week.

It's lowest leaves look like this below. I thought it might be a phosporous / potassium / root problems from some sites plant problem sections. At this point I can't be sure if it's one deficiency or multiple. They came off with no trouble almost as if really weak. Growth isn't stunted and the pistils are in full bloom.

image37893.jpg
image37894.jpg

I've noticed most leaves from bottom to top have a spotting when viewers against the light from behind. It's not spider mites however I did pick these little bastards off her 2 weeks ago. Currently there is no sign of them. (Second pic). Did a neem spray twice and no sign of any of these. Have no idea what they are called but they clinged to the plant pretty rightly when picking them off with tweezers. Blended in really well and hid the moment they were disturbed. However I don't see anymore and I'm concerned with the leaf signs signalling something I'm not sure of.

image37895.jpg

image37896.jpg

The top part of the plant has this leaf that stood out from the rest, but similar to the others I have in veg. This pic is the one in flower taken from the top half of the plant.

image37892.jpg

What's going on here with my flowering crown?

Maybe we could get a lil more info about the grow if possible. What kind of lighting? and how many watts? Soil? or Hydro? Nutes? Organics? Folier sprays? Just trying to help figure things out. Could be PH problems. Could be not enough light? Too much light? Pests? Deficiencies? Toxicities? But the good thing is that you've chimed in to the right place and there are a large number of knowledable growers on this site who are more than willing to give advice and help out others in the grow community. Welcome. :)

Looks like an aphid to me.... best cure for them in my opinion is ladybugs... they eat sooooo many and can cure an infestation pretty quickly (I have only ever had them on chilli plants )

Aphids reproduce very quickly, being born already producing offspring inside them

It is possible to keep them under control by washing them off (do it away from grow area) with a water and washing up liquid mixture but I wouldn't personally do this after plants goes last veg as it will stay in buds....

I see you used neem, which is also a plant industry standard way of dealing with this buggers... coats them and stops them breathing....

Anyway, that is just my 2 cents input...

Maybe we could get a lil more info about the grow if possible. What kind of lighting? and how many watts? Soil? or Hydro? Nutes? Organics? Folier sprays? Just trying to help figure things out. Could be PH problems. Could be not enough light? Too much light? Pests? Deficiencies? Toxicities? But the good thing is that you've chimed in to the right place and there are a large number of knowledable growers on this site who are more than willing to give advice and help out others in the grow community. Welcome. :)

Lighting: 2-85W whites, 1-30W LED, 2-18W warm whites
Soil grow, all organic. Reused previous soil with fresh compost and some extras to jumpstart the veg stages.
No Foilar sprays.
Barely used any nutes any I did early on was at NPK 20-20-20 which I mixed 1/3 teaspoon with 2 gal water.
I also gave its last feed with some calcium (egg shells soaked in water for 3-4 days) only once.
I admit having used my urine on 2 occasions mixed in 1 part urine (250ml) to 5-6 parts water.
Ive used magnesium sulphate in veg and once in early flowering stage.

I move this plant outside for more light and shift it in total darkness away from the ones in veg at moment. A very small time frame all share the grow lights inside. The moment light fades in the evening I move them back inside since I'm not getting 12 hours of daylight minimum. Can't seem to keep a strict 12/12 cycle cause of 2 jobs and my timings. I can only manage starting its light cycle at 5:30 am until 7am. Then I move it outside until 4pm back to dark cycle for repeat the next day.

I have my suspiciousions on ph imbalance but the discolouration a tell me something else is brewing in the soil. I only have ph strips to test my next run off after a good flush. Haven't flushed this plant since its grow start. Perhaps it's time.

Someone recommended a full flush and half dose of NPK 20-20-20 to get the phosporous deficiency settled, which it looks like a bit. Still not 100% sure.

Looks like an aphid to me.... best cure for them in my opinion is ladybugs... they eat sooooo many and can cure an infestation pretty quickly (I have only ever had them on chilli plants )

Aphids reproduce very quickly, being born already producing offspring inside them

It is possible to keep them under control by washing them off (do it away from grow area) with a water and washing up liquid mixture but I wouldn't personally do this after plants goes last veg as it will stay in buds....

I see you used neem, which is also a plant industry standard way of dealing with this buggers... coats them and stops them breathing....

Anyway, that is just my 2 cents input...

I've wanted to use ladybugs but none here I can introduce into the grow. I did find a tiny spider (not spider mite) and let it roam around hoping it would eat up anything crawling around that shouldn't be. Haven't seen him for a while but then again haven't seen any spider mites in this grow. My last one was a spider mite nightmare.

Is it possible that the burned looking leave in the photo may have actually come into contact with one of your cfl bulbs? I remember when I used to use them it would seem to happen quite often because I was always trying to keep them so close all of the time and then in a day or two would end up growing into the light one morning while praying to the light. "Aaaaahhhhh" the light. Its good.

Is it possible that the burned looking leave in the photo may have actually come into contact with one of your cfl bulbs? I remember when I used to use them it would seem to happen quite often because I was always trying to keep them so close all of the time and then in a day or two would end up growing into the light one morning while praying to the light. "Aaaaahhhhh" the light. Its good.

So I completely flushed them all. New growth is much lighter in colour and healthier in size as well. Older, lower leaves are still in not-so-good shape but the new growth shows much better signs. I can't tell what toxicity led to this since the flush corrected whatever it was. I've been quite careful with my feed ratios and especially watering, but it may just have been a build up around the bottom since I've never let any feed/watering run off from the bottom.

Problem solved mysteriously from a good ol flush! It's been about 3 months with no flush so it was probably overdue at least once. This was not a CFL burn I made sure all light distances were kept clear of close contact. As for the bugs they've disappeared since the temperature drop last 2 weeks. Quite chilly in the night even indoors during dark cycle.

I'll post some pics when back home. Uploading them on 420 is quite a hassle even from my cell. Trich's are coming along nicely and there's a beautiful stench all around the dark room. Superb!

Thanks ya'll!

Back
Top Bottom