flowering stage bud problem

WiseTiger

Hi, I'm new here but I've read things in this forum/site before... Introductions later, I have a bud problem with one of my 3 babies

Soil Grow
20150122_113744.jpg
20150122_113833.jpg
20150122_113744.jpg
20150122_113801.jpg
20150122_113749.jpg

chocolate skunk x3
2/3 weeks from harvest
not much space in a secret jardin DS60...
I use 5.5ph water at the moment, I keep humidity between 40 and 60 (at least I try to...)
I've solved all problems before, but now I'm stuck, her twin has big fat buds, but this one seems to be suffering :(

No, they are fed by a pump, wassertech, I'm not always home
The only buds that are like that are the ones exposed directly to the light, and they have this sweet but weird smell

My temps? If I'm watering them more often? The device sometimes goes crazy and fills the plate below, but that was no problem for the other one sharing the same plate
but yes, it looks like some kind of burn... although I've found some mosquitoes in the water cup I use for the co2 tabs, I have nets covering both entrance and exit holes, but no bugs around.
I'll try to water it for 2 days with water only, no nutes, and hope it solves it

This sweet mango smell though... I hate mango -.-
Thanks

Oh yeah the temperature is a problema, thing is, the secret jardim Ds60 is too small, so the plants are preticaly touching the light bulb, I'll buy a new one for the next crop
but then again, the healthy one is closer to the light and is fat and vigorous, don't know, I'll try the water for 2 days

Sure looks like burn. The fact that it's localized and the spots are concentrated around the center, and that the rest of the leaves and tips except for the pistils seem untouched, I find intriguing. Are you positive that in the last 7 or so days she did not get wet in this area and that nothing has been sprayed on her? Have they spent a few days in the dark? Is it spreading? Anything unusual on the underside of affected leaves (bugs, mold)?
In the 2nd picture some of the upper leaves show signs of burn and heat stress, could be aggravated by a PH PPM issue, yellow tips and edges and some are folding up. It confirms like you stated that temps and/or distance from light are an issue.

I just want to point out two things !

1. You mentioned soil grow.

2. You mention water PH 5.5

Mmm time to read between the lines... Not sure if you mean your tap water is PH 5.5 or whether you have adjusted nutrient enriched water solution to a value of PH 5.5 ?

If it is nutrient enriched water PH 5.5 that may be a problem as it can cause nutrient lock out on some macro & micro nutrients which may effect growth !

Soil nutrients are often applied between PH 6.2 to 6.8 for an example.

That is the most obvious i can see with reply so far.

The real tough question is why one plant is only effected ! which i can only speculate on the reason why at present with out lots of questions for you to answer...

If all the seeds are the same strain i might just put it down to a phenotype occurrence or just a runt of a plant.

Thank you all for the replies, you've all pointed interesting things, I'm really happy to know I can count on you people

Well, I didn't drop any kind of fluid on them, that is for sure, but there are some other things
the height of my "room" is 160 centimeters, the plant is almost flat to the top (the reflector I meen)
And the plants are almost touching the light bulb
PH of the water, on the label says 5.3 really, but I've tested and it's something between 5.9 and 6.2 (closer to 6.2)
And the PH of the water with the nutes is something between 6.5 and 6.8 (maybe closer to 6.8)

There's another thing, my vent broke 1 week ago, so I just left the door open for the whole day, and replaced the vent only the next day, had no chance earlier
but those buds weren't big from the beggining, maybe the heat got to them but they had a previous problem... I guess
This is my first grow, I've read/seen a lot before I started, but as a starter I make mistakes

Thank you all for your time and opinions on the matter, I feel welcomed ;)

I thought that, but the big fat one is closer to the bulb, that might not be the problem.
Thanks anyway, 1week or two from harvest I'll just let it pass...

Back
Top Bottom