"Flowering time: 56 - 60 days" means what?

Hey ChuckyJane! The 55-60 days they are mentioning is the time it takes for your girls to finish flowering once you have started them on 12/12 light schedule

if 55-60 is the time you should run it at 12-12 for flowreing then how long is the veg cycle and how long should your light be on at this stage ?
i have mine on for 18 off 6 but but im very new at this my self and i have wread so many diffrent things. I have been going to a diffrent forum and they had a newbie section and they would give rude bs answers so i decided to look for a better place to learne and im heaps chuffed about this place the questions in the learners section are the same silly things i would like to know and the answers are very indepth and i havnt seen one newbie get payed out for a silly question . I think the people at the other forum need to come here learn to grow properly then try some good smoke and maybe they will chill a bit.

There is not specific amount you have to veg for. If you are growing from seed I think you need to veg for 2 months atleast. I'm pretty sure that a plant from seed need to be 2 months to be mature enough to flower.

If you are growing from clones then chances are the mother plant is already mature and in that case really you could flower clones right when they root.

Really how long you veg is really about how much room you have to work with. Most indoor growers flower at 1 to 2 feet as you plant maybe double or trible in size in flowering.

You're light can be on from 18 hours a day to 24 hours a day.
I always veg 24 hours of light but thats becuase I have space issues and I am told that plants will strech more on 18/6 then 24/0
Now I don't know if thats true or not but never the less i still do 24/0

azaiden said:
I have been going to a diffrent forum and they had a newbie section and they would give rude bs answers so i decided to look for a better place to learne and im heaps chuffed about this place the questions in the learners section are the same silly things i would like to know and the answers are very indepth and i havnt seen one newbie get payed out for a silly question . I think the people at the other forum need to come here learn to grow properly then try some good smoke and maybe they will chill a bit.
LOL. Thats a nice compliment, but don't be fooled. Folks here are patient, but they'll let someone know if repeately post simple questions, or post the same question in more than one area. At least they'll get pointed in the right direction here.

i recently read a number of articles on length of veg ... one person , who sounded sane , wrote that anytime after 3 weeks is fine .
evidently , some growers do 12/12 from seed , but the other theory is allow for vigorous root growth ...
im doing a 3 week veg now , i'll wait a few weeks , then do the rest and compare.
i found this in an older , published article , that regardless of how soon you put them into 12/12 , they also must reach a certain
maturity before producing either pollen or pistils , which means that giving a plant 2 months to mature , will flower rather quickly
at 12/12 ... also .. for outdoors .. forget all that early stuff .. a 6 inch plant put in 3rd week in June will get just as big as
those early ones that the deer probably ate anyway ... g

Garce,

Most people who are growing in limited space use the veg stage to prune and train the plants. When the plants get the proper size, they are moved into the flower room. It's a bit of an art to have plants ready for transplant on predetermined date. Once you are growing the same strain in the same soil, lights, nutes, weather and grower, then you can actually know the optimum times to harvest.

Don't over think it. Every plant and spot to grow is different. Do your best. Wing it. Enjoy success and always expect some failure.:Namaste:

Yes that number of days is how long it is 'supposed to take' during 12/12. But don't count on it too much. Learn how to judge when the plant is ready by using a microscope and looking at the trichomes. Then ignore whatever the breeder suggests and harvest when ready.

Yes, you can put a plant on 1212 from seed. It will grow for a month or whatever and then start flowering when it's mature enough. You will get much much better yields with a plant that's been vegged for a couple months or more if you have the space.

Check this one out - keep in mind it's hydroponic and a wizard grower but it gives you an idea. How vegetative growth time exponentially affects yield

Back
Top Bottom