Flowering Time

sadhu9

If a certain strain of cannabis has a flowering time of 65 days, does that include the days flushing the plant? Also, is the plant still maturing when it is in the flush stage?

Thanks

There is no amount of flushing that will remove it. Its like eating cheeseburgers to fatten you up your entire life and thinking drinking water for a week will clean you out.

If a certain strain of cannabis has a flowering time of 65 days, does that include the days flushing the plant? Also, is the plant still maturing when it is in the flush stage?

Thanks

Breeder flowering times are often set a bit low and adding 2 weeks should give you a lot better finish.

Yes it does include when you're flushing, flower stops when you harvest, and yes the buds continue to fatten up after flushing.

Don't know what medium or nutes you use, but in soil flush at least twice letting the soil almost dry out between flushes.

thanks for the info. anybody I know flushes their harvests, especially with hydro which I use(DWC). I check my plants with a microscope and follow my trichomes and stigma.
Thanks again for some usefull info..

Peace

if i run a 8 week strain i sometimes flush around the 7th week letting them go another week to 9 weeks for a 2 week flush.

i would never harvest any of my plants ever again without flushing them, in my oppinion not flushing your finished plants just wastes them and you end up having to try cure for allot longer!

Can you please explain the science behind this claim. When you stop feeding you plant especially in hydro the plant just pulls those needed nutes from storage i.e fan leaves. There is no amount of water that will remove the chemicals that the plant grew up on. In addition during this time of flushing, it slows growth and reduces tempe's. Flushing is nothing more than stoner myth. Do you think the food you eat in the store is flushed?

Can you please explain the science behind this claim. When you stop feeding you plant especially in hydro the plant just pulls those needed nutes from storage i.e fan leaves. There is no amount of water that will remove the chemicals that the plant grew up on. In addition during this time of flushing, it slows growth and reduces tempe's. Flushing is nothing more than stoner myth. Do you think the food you eat in the store is flushed?

Read up on chelates if you want a scientific reason for flushing, I tried both and know what gives the best end product - btw you can't compare plants to humans ;)

Do you think the food you eat in the store is flushed?

Kind of "comparing apples and oranges" in my mind as I imagine most of the food in the store was fed water only it's whole life, least the farms I have been around if fertilizers are even used it is prior to planting as a soil amendment only and not mixed into the water every time the crops are watered.

Like any grow support. You only need to take the advice you like. If you don't want to flush your plants Don't. I grow in soil and still make sure plants are not fed in their last 2 or 3 weeks. So I really don't flush I just don't feed. Only water the last few weeks. Not only is the flavor better it burns better. Also if the nutes you feed your plants are so harsh that you have to flush it might be time for a change. Plenty of natural products out there now days to chose from. I'm not a hydro guy so I don't know their options but I'm sure there are organic or natural options to them also.
May the weed you smoke always have a grey ash

Back
Top Bottom