Flowering Times

ROCK15

420 Member
I have a dumb question but when i buy regular garden seeds they have a time in which you can expect a crop. For Instance the corn i grow is 85-90 Days under normal growing conditions. When a person gets thier cannabis seeds, is the flowering time just a ball park for when flowers first start forming until maturity? Dont be too rough on me!

They are a ballpark number from time you put them into Flower by changing your light timers (if they regular seeds and not Auto's), if outdoors then when they go into Flower is out of your control. But it is just a "guesstamate" as so many variables, and can be a personal preference as depends on what you aiming for on your trich color. Sometimes their numbers are close and sometimes they are way off, so best to not have a timetable and harvest them too early (folks come here asking if they can harvest now as they have to move/go on vacation/etc...and kind of a shame to put all that time/money into something and harvesting early).

Welcome, Rock!

A couple of things to help you out. There are two kinds of cannabis that you can grow. Photo plants and auto plants.

Photo plants - these plants will start the flower when the light/dark timing is 12/12. You can have the lights on 24 hours a day and they will not flower - just continue to grow. This is called the vegetative stage. Once you 'flip' the lights, the flowering has begun. Each strain is different but the quickest is probably 7-8 weeks in flower up to 12 or more.

Auto plants - these guys were mixed with ruderalis, a cannabis relative that will automatically begin to flower in about 4-5 weeks. As with photos, they will typically start at 7 weeks to flower but more likely 8 - 12.

When you read about strains and they say flowering is 8-10 weeks, that is from when you flip the lights on a photo strain. If it's an auto - it would be from seed to harvest.

Hope that helps:Namaste:

:welcome: to the forum...

It's from the flip to flowering, or the start of flowering.

Cannabis is a seedling for about three weeks. Then the indoor grower decides how long it stays in a vegetative stage where it's grown to the shape and size desired. Both of these are usually under 16 hrs of light per day. Then lights are switched to 12 hrs on per day. That is when the clock starts for the flowering time. Most strains will take a week or two more than what the breeder states.

Welcome, Rock!

A couple of things to help you out. There are two kinds of cannabis that you can grow. Photo plants and auto plants.

Photo plants - these plants will start the flower when the light/dark timing is 12/12. You can have the lights on 24 hours a day and they will not flower - just continue to grow. This is called the vegetative stage. Once you 'flip' the lights, the flowering has begun. Each strain is different but the quickest is probably 7-8 weeks in flower up to 12 or more.

Auto plants - these guys were mixed with ruderalis, a cannabis relative that will automatically begin to flower in about 4-5 weeks. As with photos, they will typically start at 7 weeks to flower but more likely 8 - 12.

When you read about strains and they say flowering is 8-10 weeks, that is from when you flip the lights on a photo strain. If it's an auto - it would be from seed to harvest.

This answered my question completely. Thanks for the conscise information to my question.

Regards
Rock
:welcome: to the forum...

It's from the flip to flowering, or the start of flowering.

Cannabis is a seedling for about three weeks. Then the indoor grower decides how long it stays in a vegetative stage where it's grown to the shape and size desired. Both of these are usually under 16 hrs of light per day. Then lights are switched to 12 hrs on per day. That is when the clock starts for the flowering time. Most strains will take a week or two more than what the breeder states.

Thank you very much

Welcome, Rock!

It sure did.. Thanks for the quality information. I should have said i have autoflowering in the tent at the moment and I have some feminized non autoflowereing a few months younger all from seed.

Back
Top Bottom