Flowering times

I'mOne

In Oklahoma I am limited to 6 seedlings and 6 in flower.
I have a large number of Lebanese seeds and am playing around with..I discovered I can induce flowering at two weeks and this got me thinking of things I could experiment with. Are there ways to extend flowering and shorten flowering time? I understand some sativa's can be encouraged to go in and on and "foxtail" with more white pistils when you think they are done
...I believe some one was posting about ACE Panama behaving this way.
I'm just fascinated by the photo period plants especially landraces and sativas and was thinking of popping some more Lebanese and flowering them quick to fill up a room then bringing some long vegging plants on a couple of weeks later. Is there anything I could veg for two months then cut down my lebbies before the sativas started ? Would Panamas or Columbian get too big for indoors in two months of veg?

Hiya I'mOne awesome to hear Oklahoma is on board! I've read that people play around with shorter periods like 11/13, not sure it is a significant change. Seems like you could do it just how you say, stagger your start...do you have two rooms? As far as height goes, you should be able to train whatever you are growing to a manageable height? Cheers, GL! :yahoo:

Yes dropping the light time in increments can help plants flower faster. Not by a lot but it helps. Try a week at 12/12 then drop back to 11/13 for a month then drop it to 10/14. This might effect production time but it will speed things up a bit. You can raise the light or drop back power some at those times too. This will only gain you are few weeks. With long flowering strains maybe a little more.

I should mention. With the 6 and 6 plant count they give you. You might want to find some feminized seeds. Running regular seeds 6 plants could give you any amount of females. If I was looking for 6 females to flower I would start at least 10 normally 12. As 50/50 is a normal male/female ratio in lots of strains.

2 months of veg for a sativa might be pushing it. A lot matters how fast they are growing. Always ways to control height so it might work. My Colombian did fine with the light schedule mentioned above and didn't stretch to much. Doing so with slower growing indicas in the same tent might effect their production.

Yes dropping the light time in increments can help plants flower faster. Not by a lot but it helps. Try a week at 12/12 then drop back to 11/13 for a month then drop it to 10/14. This might effect production time but it will speed things up a bit. You can raise the light or drop back power some at those times too. This will only gain you are few weeks. With long flowering strains maybe a little more.

I should mention. With the 6 and 6 plant count they give you. You might want to find some feminized seeds. Running regular seeds 6 plants could give you any amount of females. If I was looking for 6 females to flower I would start at least 10 normally 12. As 50/50 is a normal male/female ratio in lots of strains

2 months of veg for a sativa might be pushing it. A lot matters how fast they are growing. Always ways to control height so it might work. My Colombian did fine with the light schedule mentioned above and didn't stretch to much. Doing so with slower growing indicas might effect their production.

So I'll say this but not sure if it helps. When it comes to land race sativa (especially African) the longer you veg the better the quality of your smoke. The older your plant is before flowering the better high you will get. The pics below are both Durban land races that have been vegged for 3 to 4 months inside and they are now outside and Will finish next year June. I understand it wouldn't work for most people but it's how I age my plants and I'll put my chop on the block and say that the two that are already older will out perform any of the seedlings even with the next 5 to 6 months of veg they will get. If you have space and time Let them veg hard. You will not be disappointed. The last two pics are their first day out in the sun. They are smashing it now and time for new pots .
IMG_20190917_092345.jpg
IMG_20190917_092404.jpg
IMG_20190907_133209.jpg
IMG_20190907_133245.jpg

Back
Top Bottom