Flowering too early

Habitants85

420 Member
I have 2 plants that have started flowering 3 weeks ago. I started from seedling mid april( i know now that is a little early) indoors. Wanted to get them strong and ready for outdoors. In ontario canada so had frost up to may ish. Had the plants on 18/6,dark was from 4-10pm. They have been outside since may and just wondering maybe because I had them sleeping during the day and now they get more dark then when they were indoors, maybe that confused them? They are not autos, bought the seeds from crop king seeds and they are feminized seeds so they say. I was expecting them to start flowering in aug ish. Anyone ever run into plants flowering early? Thanks

Attachments

• 20200711_173735.jpg
    20200711_173735.jpg
    620.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 20200711_171309.jpg
    20200711_171309.jpg
    650.7 KB · Views: 56
I have 2 plants that have started flowering 3 weeks ago. I started from seedling mid april( i know now that is a little early) indoors. Wanted to get them strong and ready for outdoors. In ontario canada so had frost up to may ish. Had the plants on 18/6,dark was from 4-10pm. They have been outside since may and just wondering maybe because I had them sleeping during the day and now they get more dark then when they were indoors, maybe that confused them? They are not autos, bought the seeds from crop king seeds and they are feminized seeds so they say. I was expecting them to start flowering in aug ish. Anyone ever run into plants flowering early? Thanks
What size pot is that in? I'll bet it's in small container. Switching up hours can screw with it. You have to match the same lights on even though its outside you have to match the light it was receiving or it thinks it's time. Next time start with a plastic cup let it get rootbound. Then move to 1 gallon pot, let it get rootbound. Then to minimum 5 gallon or up ( final home) and you'll be golden. Same age as yours. Do that and you'll get a monster

Attachments

• 20200705_121455.jpg
    20200705_121455.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
What size pot is that in? I'll bet it's in small container. Switching up hours can screw with it. You have to match the same lights on even though its outside you have to match the light it was receiving or it thinks it's time. Next time start with a plastic cup let it get rootbound. Then move to 1 gallon pot, let it get rootbound. Then to minimum 5 gallon or up ( final home) and you'll be golden. Same age as yours. Do that and you'll get a monster
Hey Growmie... in your case switching lighting up it's now thinking it's time to get ready and pop those flowers out... but that's okay too since your outdoors just let her go ...

messing with light schedules is something I did first time I grew years ago in ONTARIO .. and made for a stressful situation I didnt know what was going on .. I did the exact same thing ... it should be fine just leave her alone keep watering her and giving her vitamins L "love" she will stay dormant as a cloned female plant will until it's time for mother natures shift from summer to fall happens then she will really bud up those flowers will kick up again. If your really worries put her in 12/12 indoors and let her ride it out. But you could keep her partially flowering outdoors for the rest of summer into fall and the natural switch from the days getting shorter and nights longer will bud her on it's own it will just be a super super long flowering period.

Hey Growmie... in your case switching lighting up it's now thinking it's time to get ready and pop those flowers out... but that's okay too since your outdoors just let her go ...

messing with light schedules is something I did first time I grew years ago in ONTARIO .. and made for a stressful situation I didnt know what was going on .. I did the exact same thing ... it should be fine just leave her alone keep watering her and giving her vitamins L "love" she will stay dormant as a cloned female plant will until it's time for mother natures shift from summer to fall happens then she will really bud up those flowers will kick up again. If your really worries put her in 12/12 indoors and let her ride it out. But you could keep her partially flowering outdoors for the rest of summer into fall and the natural switch from the days getting shorter and nights longer will bud her on it's own it will just be a super super long flowering period.
GL bro! I'm pretty sure she'll be ok. Happy growing my man/woman

Habitants85

Plants grown on 18/6 indoors and moved outdoors in May when the daylight is still less than 18 will trigger flowering. The plant thinks the days are getting shorter. But no worries, she'll figure it out.

Besides, your photos show she is in preflower. Those long whitish hairs aren't trichomes, those are pistils/calyxes developing. She could produce seeds at this point if there is pollen around. I have that on mine just now, too. Trichomes and bud development will come like you said in August. Below my Acapulco Gold in preflower.

I have them in 7gal cloth pots. Might even put them in 10gal pots soon. As the plants are getting really big.

Attachments

• 20200711_125816_HDR.jpg
    20200711_125816_HDR.jpg
    742.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20200708_180723_HDR.jpg
    20200708_180723_HDR.jpg
    806 KB · Views: 49

Need a lil help to, I started mine a lil late,
And I live in the southeast, MISSISSIPPI
They been flowering for 3-5 weeks so far,
And in Deep South are frost is usually end September or Mid-October. The buds are getting very firm, and silias are
Still a little white, most on top buds are brownish now. Anyone know if I should wait 2- weeks or should I harvest now???
need advice ???

19082ED6-17B2-4F91-BFD4-682F028AEA87.jpeg

237ECA86-2242-4F2D-AE02-ED23FB8F77C5.jpeg

They can handle a bit of frost but maybe they'll be done around that time. If you harvest now you'll be disappointed; The effects will be short lived, may cause paranoia or a headache and you won't get the medicinal benefit you're wanting. I know the weather isn't ideal but they aren't ready until they're ready - which is usually 8-10 weeks after the formation of pistils (the white hairs).

edit: The falls here are cold as well and pushing through until the middle of October is a bit of a challenge but that's when they're ready usually. You'll know they're ready when most of the pistils are brown and receded and the buds have filled in. Around that time if you look at the trichomes of the buds under a scope the majority should be milky with about 10-15% of them being amber. That's when most people consider to be the ideal time to harvest. You may want to consider autoflowers next year for a shorter season.

Back
Top Bottom