flowering

cbgb

newbee here.....well i made it through the veg state letting nature do its thing ...and it did.... i am in the northeast and the plants are about 18'' high and about 5 weeks old....and need to come inside w/i the next cuople of weeks .....so i am looking for any thoughts, comments or ideas from you pros........my first idea was to use a Full Spectrum CFL Grow Light Bulb 60 Watt Bulb 5500K H60 or
Miracle LED 605010 LED Absolute Daylight Spectrum Grow Lite accompanied by a 75 or 100 watt soft light cfl ........................any info would be welcome .........thanks !!

I have had no problems using CFLs for more than one flowering plant.

However, it appears that you're using the incandescent equivalent number. That number is so people can replace an incandescent bulb with a CFL of similar brightness. But since incandescent bulbs cannot grow Cannabis, this number is useless for our purposes. When speaking in terms of CFLs, we ignore that higher equivalent number, and discuss actual wattage only.

I suggest a MINIMUM of 150 total actual CFL watts per plant in Flower. This means if you are using 23 watt bulbs, you should use at least 6-7 bulbs at the bare minimum. The correct spectrum for flower is 2700K, I personally like a mix of 2700K and 6500K bulbs throughout the entire grow.

On my last grow with 2 plants I used 14 bulbs, 383 watts total, one 45w bulb blew halfway into flower, and was replaced with a 23w bulb, so I completed my grow with 361 watts total, and yielded over 3 ounces.

I know CFL can grow a plant, but I just meant it in the way he's going about it. He's talking about 2 bulbs for multiple plants 18 inches tall. I would recommend looking at other CFL grow journals and see how they did it so you know what to look for. With CFL, I never let a plant get over a foot tall cause of the penetration problem those bulbs have

Back
Top Bottom