Flowing with music

old_smokey9483

I listen to the radio a lot when I'm high. It seems I find a way to relate the lyrics to my life in some way. Some songs come on and make me feel really good (pink floyd, zeppelin) and some come on and make me feel sad or depressed. Either way, it seems my emotions flow with the music. And with the radio, you never know what's going to be playing. If I'm high enough, and a song I love comes on, I lay and close my eyes and feel like I'm flying on the tunes. I cannot explain it, but picture you're in space, flying away from the earth, high as hell, riding on music notes to a great band. Anyone else feel this way?

I don't usually hear the lyrics when I'm high. I focus on the music, and yes, I've been known to fly right with it . . .

THANK YOU JUNKYARD, you are the only person who understands!! I'm the exact same way, I hear only notes and not words, people never understand what I mean when I try to explane it to them. LOL makes it hard as a DJ to know what to play as "appropriate" in schools. However I maynot hear lyrics I did notice that your locaded In-A-Godda-Da-Vida, a good friend of mine pointed out that they infact say "In The Garden Of Eden", boy the bud must be nice where you live :). Just thought I would put that out there.

Peace
-Brett

I hate radio, unless it's serious satalite radio or something. I can't stand the low quality songs and constant annoying ads and blabbering DJ's on normal radio. But satalite radio is fun as hell to listen to when you're high. They have stations that play nothing but great classic songs, like Floyd, Beatles, Doors, etc. Then they have stations with nothing but great comedians. Howard Stern even has his own channel now.

I like putting music in the background of my comp when I am in the basement,getting high,checking out the forums.Its great entertainment.

i just like to mellow out put on sum beatles and chill, i forget everything in the world when im layin there listen to tunes

brett2themax said:
THANK YOU JUNKYARD, you are the only person who understands!! I'm the exact same way, I hear only notes and not words, people never understand what I mean when I try to explane it to them. LOL makes it hard as a DJ to know what to play as "appropriate" in schools. However I maynot hear lyrics I did notice that your locaded In-A-Godda-Da-Vida, a good friend of mine pointed out that they infact say "In The Garden Of Eden", boy the bud must be nice where you live :). Just thought I would put that out there.

Peace
-Brett

Yeah, in the garden of Eden is what it started out as, but I heard they were so ripped while singing it, it came out "In-A-Godda-Da-Vida" and they kept the latter, haha. My fourth grade music teacher told me that in class, she must have been one of us. ;)

I don't always overlook the lyrics. When I'm not high I pay attention to them, but when I am, I tend to put them in the background and focus on the music only. It's amazing what music does to a person in such a state. It's great!

We have some damn good bud around here, man! Alot of skag weed, too, but if you know where to go, you can find some primo sh!t. It's expensive, though!

Which is why . . .

I-Must-Grow-For-Myself____Must-Save-Money!

Thats what I miss about working in a recording studio... All day it was "smoke-record-mix-smoke-record..."you get the picture. It was the happiest time of my life; being able to submerse myself in music while in the supreme consciousness...All I have now is my iTunes and a crappy stereo system--pales in comparison to live music on mega wattage speakers... Talk about flying with the music.....

old_smokey9483 said:
I listen to the radio a lot when I'm high. It seems I find a way to relate the lyrics to my life in some way. Some songs come on and make me feel really good (pink floyd, zeppelin) and some come on and make me feel sad or depressed. Either way, it seems my emotions flow with the music. And with the radio, you never know what's going to be playing. If I'm high enough, and a song I love comes on, I lay and close my eyes and feel like I'm flying on the tunes. I cannot explain it, but picture you're in space, flying away from the earth, high as hell, riding on music notes to a great band. Anyone else feel this way?

Tis why I get up every morning

I sing along WAY too much when im high.

Then the next day i get up thinking about what an idiot I am.

giantantreal said:
I sing along WAY too much when im high.

Then the next day i get up thinking about what an idiot I am.

HA!! I do that all of the time! Especially while I am driving.....people tend to look at you funny when you are rocking out along with your music...eh, whatever:headbanger:

Music really is weeds best friend if you ask me. I can't think of many things i enjoy more than absolutley vibing to good, loud music. Stoned or not.

Flowing with music?

Personal story, just happened today...

Okay, backstory first. Got into a fight with the lady creature. Not fun. Never is, but I, being me, don't explode and keep my cool, not wanting to make things worse. Therefore, all the tension, all of that nasty icky feeling was just bottled up inside.

Which leads me to the point of this post... Pulled into my driveway, and this new radio station for Pittsburgh called BobFM (They play anything, and I mean, ANYTHING) and on comes this really gay song from the 80's. Well, shit... It's one of those songs everyone knwos, so I turned fof my car and just jammed out. Complete with dancing and screaming along (It can't count as singing), and all that jazz...

End result: tension gone, happiness back.

Gotta love the tunes and the positive vibes they give off.

- delaney
* Chilling ot the :adore: Jerry Garcia Band, live 10/31/92, DL'd off Furthernet...

Pink Floyd

ALL YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT THE PINK FLOYD DVD, DARK SIDE OF THE MOON JUST SMOKE A BLUNT OF CHRONIC AND A BOWL WHILE YOUR WATCHING AND THAT FUCKING MUSIC WILL TAKE YOU AWAY. CHECK THAT DVD OUT PEACE:allgood:

Me personnaly I love listening to mellow music that makes you think like
Kottonmouth Kings - Rest Of My Life
To all you that havent heard this song get your ass to HMV or Virgin or wtvr cause its a need to have song plus it really makes you think
~PeacE~

I like throwdown when I'm stoned. I dunno. Just do and I do agree with Potisdope, i love that movie to death. Has anyone ever tried the Wizard of Oz with Dark side of the Moon? I tried it once, had it goin great (you have to start the cd at about the first lion's roar before the movie starts) but then some people had to leave or some shit and it got ruined. Wasn't all bad, wasn't stoned, had a good time.. Never got to finish it though.

Burn1Quick.42o said:
Me personnaly I love listening to mellow music that makes you think like
Kottonmouth Kings - Rest Of My Life
To all you that havent heard this song get your ass to HMV or Virgin or wtvr cause its a need to have song plus it really makes you think
~PeacE~

:headbanger:

Fluffin' right man! You _nailed_ it right on the head there with the KMK nod. Anytime your stoned KMK is one of the best things to listen too because it just... I dunno... comes to life before your very eyes.

Also, _really_ intense live. I suggest anyone who see them listed in your area to check 'em out. Seen 'em live five times now, and it gets better and more amusing every time. I mean... They have Pakalika, the Visual Assassian, dancing all night long doing hydro-mechanics, which is just nuts if you know what I'm talking about...

But enough of this stoned ramble...

- delaney
* :bongrip: <~~~ Me in five minutes from now...

:joint: I feel yeah dude, Led Zepplin - Stairway to Heaven, right when the famous solo kicks in and Hendrix takes over, the earth freezes and the intergalactic space trip begins.:joint:

Back
Top Bottom