Flump's Grow: Dinamed CBD, 2019/12

Look at her....she's a beauty! :headbanger: :high-five:. Flump...see all that lil 'sucker' growth down low before those first big fan leaves.....take ALL that stuff off. It is sucking nutes from the rest of the plant and wont amount to anything ok.
Cheers.
Yeah? Won't that stress her? I mean she JUST came back to life... I'm afraid to do anything at this point :rofl:

DIY Humidifier - ~$20 CDN

Here's how to build your own humidifier for around $20 CDN. This humidifier will output 300 to 400ml / hour of mist. I have mine hooked on an Inkbird ITC-608T controller keeping my 2x4x5 tent to 55-60RH. I refill the bucket every 3 to 4 days with tap water.

Parts

ItemWhere to findPrice (CDN)
2 gallon bucketHomeDepot$3
1 disk water atomizer WITHOUT lightAmazon$17 (comes with the power adapter)
A piece of StyrofoamHardware storeI got mine for free from HomeDepot. They throw away a ton of it every day.
A plastic cup big enough to hold the atomizerDollar Store$1.25

If you're willing to be patient you can get the disk water atomizer for less money from AliExpress.

How to build
  1. Cut a round piece of Styrofoam so it can fit and almost touch the bottom of the bucket
    stytofoam-hole.jpeg

2. Drill some holes at the bottom and on the side of the plastic cup
    cup-holes.jpeg
  3. Carve a hole in the center of the round piece to hold the plastic cup
    cup-hole-styrofoam.jpeg
  4. Assemble Styrofoam and plastic cup
    styro-and-cup.jpeg
  5. Place the atomizer in the cup
    atomizer-in-cup.jpeg
  6. Fill the 2gal bucket with water, place the styrofoam + cup + atomizer in the bucket, plug the atomizer and enjoy!
    humidifier-finished.jpeg
Notes
  • You can put your hand in the water while it's plugged, no worries
  • Atomizer will stop automatically if not enough water is present

Attachments

• styrofoam-and-cup.jpeg
    styrofoam-and-cup.jpeg
    432.2 KB · Views: 24
U can safely remove that at your convenience...no harm will come. That growth is STEALING from wat matters . Cheers Flump...so glad she turned around for ya.....we told ya she would....:slide:
Thanks Dugg. I will remove those growth today... And yes, she seems to turn around which is amazing to me. First time I ever recover from a plant issue... :yahoo: looking forward to getting her to harvest!!!! Thank you for helping me getting there! :surf: :high-five:

Yup...much better. Pretty amazing to see her turn the corner eh Flump. I get a kick out of her trying to 'heal' those first big yellow fans....Shes a fighter...she proved that to ya. Now u gottsa spoil the crap out of her....can't wait till u can reap her rewards.... :high-five:
Yeah man. Crazy to see her get better every day. She's a keeper for sure...

So if I understand correctly the science of what happened, nights were too cold and affected the P uptake of the plant.. which resulted in decoloration (purple) of leaves and slowed/stopped growth? This is basically what happens when folks lower the night temps in late flower to simulate the colder autumn night?

It was a watering mal function and cool temps , but the main one was the over watering at a critical time.
next time make sure to fill and top up the pots. If that's a one#1 , there is only about 2/3rds in there now. If she were mine,...when she dries out and needs another drink,...transplant her at that time. Get her into her final pot , the bigger , the better of course( it's a sickness i have... :cheesygrinsmiley:) and watch her go....Wat size have you got lined up for her....and you could get that ready in advance by pre, moistening the pot. At transplant, minimal watering in is required, understand? :passitleft:

It was a watering mal function and cool temps , but the main one was the over watering at a critical time.
next time make sure to fill and top up the pots. If that's a one#1 , there is only about 2/3rds in there now. If she were mine,...when she dries out and needs another drink,...transplant her at that time. Get her into her final pot , the bigger , the better of course( it's a sickness i have... :cheesygrinsmiley:) and watch her go....Wat size have you got lined up for her....and you could get that ready in advance by pre, moistening the pot. At transplant, minimal watering in is required, understand? :passitleft:
Roger. Wouldn't have watered normally but holiday trip obliged... didn't want to take any chance... I'll know next time!!
I remember Doc saying to transplant in around 10days.. would match the next dry cycle... will probably do that at that moment..
I got 7gal pots prior to buying the kit... I'll use those for this grow so I can have a feeling of what I can expect it terms of plant... remember that my growing space is limited!
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying by "pre-moistening" the pot... care to elaborate? Thanks Dugg!
:passitleft:

Roger. Wouldn't have watered normally but holiday trip obliged... didn't want to take any chance... I'll know next time!!
I remember Doc saying to transplant in around 10days.. would match the next dry cycle... will probably do that at that moment..
I got 7gal pots prior to buying the kit... I'll use those for this grow so I can have a feeling of what I can expect it terms of plant... remember that my growing space is limited!
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying by "pre-moistening" the pot... care to elaborate? Thanks Dugg!
:passitleft:
Wow.....I was playing nurse all weekend and didn't log in here once the whole weekend. Glad to see the progress here.....she has turned around and looking wonderful!

Pre-moist is to soak the final pot before you transplanting the little one. Use a #1 pot to make a "mold" of where you are gonna drop them into the soil....dust with roots....you get the picture right?

I will definitely be trying out that diy huey! Looks great ty.

Back
Top Bottom