Flump's Grow: Dinamed CBD, 2019/12

Wow.....I was playing nurse all weekend and didn't log in here once the whole weekend. Glad to see the progress here.....she has turned around and looking wonderful!

Pre-moist is to soak the final pot before you transplanting the little one. Use a #1 pot to make a "mold" of where you are gonna drop them into the soil....dust with roots....you get the picture right?

I will definitely be trying out that diy huey! Looks great ty.
Hey seedling,
Hope everyone is getting better on your side...

Little one says thanks! She still have a long way to go but we'll make it work!

I think I understand the premoist thing.. You transplant the dry rootball in a pre-soaked soil.. and then you water just a little to get everything wet is that it?

Let me know how the huey turns out for you!

Happy monday everyone!! :passitleft:

Hey seedling,

I think I understand the premoist thing.. You transplant the dry rootball in a pre-soaked soil.. and then you water just a little to get everything wet is that it?

Yup! Recovery has been made.....lots of electrolytes and sleep.

Duggs just confirmed....morning @Duggan that method is definitely easier make the move. You can have it all ready to just pop them in. Another couple weeks and I will be doing that myself.

Look at her growing! :theband:
20200120_162730.jpg
20200120_162748.jpg

Look at her growing! :theband:
20200120_162730.jpg
20200120_162748.jpg

:goodjob:
OK. Now that the roots and soil are working together let's plan the future of this plant.

1. Do NOT drench/water until it's bone dry! No exceptions.
2. Do NOT transplant this yet....I know I said 10 days a while back, but based on what I'm seeing, give it at least 2 weeks from today....provided it's not an auto. If it's an auto, transplant in a week. Please, Please, Please don't do it earlier. Your roots are just now getting started. You'll damage them if you tranplant now. Promise me you won't do it. :Namaste:

3. Do not remove anymore new growth. You need that for photosynthesis. Do remove the yellow fans in a few days if they don't green up.
4. Next drench, 1/2 strength Growth Ionic. If you're dunking, mix it at 2 mils per gallon of soil with a few drops of Tea, cuz double strength for dunking.

5. After the GI drench, let it dry out again, then plain water with 1/4 strength Transplant. If you're dunking, mix at 1 mil per gallon of soil, with a few drops of Tea.

6. When it's dry after the 1/4 Transplant dunk the final veg dunk will be full strength Transplant. Wait a couple days and then and only then transplant to the final container.

By then, you should have green, shiney leaves, provided you don't cut them off! We might top the plant, and you need those lower nodes for that, so no more cutting off healthy leaves for now please!

Hey seedling,

You shouldn't have to pre-moisten the soil if it's cooked and stored correctly. Here's the method:

1. NO COMPACTING OF DIRT. That's bad gardening.
2. Place some soil in the bottom of the final container such that you bury about half the stem if you were to put the plant in the container. You're going to bury the stem.....
3. Put a pot identical to the one you're vegging with on top of that bottom layer of dirt. this is the "blank"
4. put soil all around the pot. shake the container, and maybe gently push the soil around the edge of the "blank" so that when you remove it you have a nice cylinder of well formed soil.
5. Dust the inside of the cylinder with Roots!
6. Massage the container of the veg plant so that you can gently pop out the rootball with no damage.
7. Make 4 vertical cuts from top to bottom, 90 degrees apart about a razor blade's distance into the root ball.
8. Place the root ball into the cylinder and gently press the soil sideways, into the root ball.
9. Water it in with full strength Transplant.
10. Wait till it's bone dry to water again, with pure water.

Then we'll be into the bloom cycle.

Please don't deviate from this.....

:goodjob:
OK. Now that the roots and soil are working together let's plan the future of this plant.

1. Do NOT drench/water until it's bone dry! No exceptions.
2. Do NOT transplant this yet....I know I said 10 days a while back, but based on what I'm seeing, give it at least 2 weeks from today....provided it's not an auto. If it's an auto, transplant in a week. Please, Please, Please don't do it earlier. Your roots are just now getting started. You'll damage them if you tranplant now. Promise me you won't do it. :Namaste:

3. Do not remove anymore new growth. You need that for photosynthesis. Do remove the yellow fans in a few days if they don't green up.
4. Next drench, 1/2 strength Growth Ionic. If you're dunking, mix it at 2 mils per gallon of soil with a few drops of Tea, cuz double strength for dunking.

5. After the GI drench, let it dry out again, then plain water with 1/4 strength Transplant. If you're dunking, mix at 1 mil per gallon of soil, with a few drops of Tea.

6. When it's dry after the 1/4 Transplant dunk the final veg dunk will be full strength Transplant. Wait a couple days and then and only then transplant to the final container.

By then, you should have green, shiney leaves, provided you don't cut them off! We might top the plant, and you need those lower nodes for that, so no more cutting off healthy leaves for now please!
:thanks:
1. Yes sir!
2. Not an auto. 2 weeks it is.
3. Perfect! No more cutting except the yellow fan leaves in a couple of days if they don't green up. Got it.
4. 5. 6. If top feeding, half of those dosage?

No more cutting! Would have been preferable to leave all the new growth on? Or part or it?

You shouldn't have to pre-moisten the soil if it's cooked and stored correctly. Here's the method:

1. NO COMPACTING OF DIRT. That's bad gardening.
2. Place some soil in the bottom of the final container such that you bury about half the stem if you were to put the plant in the container. You're going to bury the stem.....
3. Put a pot identical to the one you're vegging with on top of that bottom layer of dirt. this is the "blank"
4. put soil all around the pot. shake the container, and maybe gently push the soil around the edge of the "blank" so that when you remove it you have a nice cylinder of well formed soil.
5. Dust the inside of the cylinder with Roots!
6. Massage the container of the veg plant so that you can gently pop out the rootball with no damage.
7. Make 4 vertical cuts from top to bottom, 90 degrees apart about a razor blade's distance into the root ball.
8. Place the root ball into the cylinder and gently press the soil sideways, into the root ball.
9. Water it in with full strength Transplant.
10. Wait till it's bone dry to water again, with pure water.

Then we'll be into the bloom cycle.

Please don't deviate from this.....
Soil in my bin is still moist! :cool:
Got it. I watched your video about transplanting... Will do that plus the bury the stem thing... We have a plan!

:thanks:
1. Yes sir!
2. Not an auto. 2 weeks it is.
3. Perfect! No more cutting except the yellow fan leaves in a couple of days if they don't green up. Got it.
4. 5. 6. If top feeding, half of those dosage?

No more cutting! Would have been preferable to leave all the new growth on? Or part or it?

I would have left it on for a week or two and THEN cut off the lower stuff. it was right to remove it, the question is timing.

You need photosynthesis.

Why are you top feeding? And yes, half the dose, but you need to take a LOOOOOONG slow drip approach to avoid dry spots. Dunking is superior in every way. If you're worried about conserving products, dunk every other time.

A good compromise is to use a saucer in veg. You absolutely should use a saucer in bloom.

I would have left it on for a week or two and THEN cut off the lower stuff. it was right to remove it, the question is timing.

You need photosynthesis.

Why are you top feeding? And yes, half the dose, but you need to take a LOOOOOONG slow drip approach to avoid dry spots. Dunking is superior in every way. If you're worried about conserving products, dunk every other time.

A good compromise is to use a saucer in veg. You absolutely should use a saucer in bloom.
For the moment I chose to top feed because I feel more comfortable and I don't want to practice dunking on the little gal. As I said a while back, I will retry dunking in my next grow. As you mentioned, I also want to conserve product and would like to optimize the dunking process for this... lots of testing and reading to do.

Last watering, I top fed very slowly, then took the runoff in the saucer and top feed it again to the plant, slowly... then I throw away the remaining liquid in the saucer. Is that a good compromise?

For the moment I chose to top feed because I feel more comfortable and I don't want to practice dunking on the little gal. As I said a while back, I will retry dunking in my next grow. As you mentioned, I also want to conserve product and would like to optimize the dunking process for this... lots of testing and reading to do.

Last watering, I top fed very slowly, then took the runoff in the saucer and top feed it again to the plant, slowly... then I throw away the remaining liquid in the saucer. Is that a good compromise?

No....that's a bad practice. Please don't over water. If you're going to use a saucer in veg, pour half slowly down the top....about half a pint....and the other half in the saucer. Never, ever, at any time has anyone----especially me----suggested to re-water with runoff. Don't do it. You'll ruin your plants.

dunking is not technically difficult and thus there's no need to "optimize" the process. Find a pail, coffee can or small bucket and put the damn pot in it! Simple. Easy. No chance of dry spots, no chance of over watering, especially if you follow the directions.

No....that's a bad practice. Please don't over water. If you're going to use a saucer in veg, pour half slowly down the top....about half a pint....and the other half in the saucer. Never, ever, at any time has anyone----especially me----suggested to re-water with runoff. Don't do it. You'll ruin your plants.

dunking is not technically difficult and thus there's no need to "optimize" the process. Find a pail, coffee can or small bucket and put the damn pot in it! Simple. Easy. No chance of dry spots, no chance of over watering, especially if you follow the directions.
Got it! Thanks! Won't re-water anymore!

Hay Doc I am a new DBHBB grower well I am new to growing this is my first real grow. Duggan is mentoring me through the process of growing and using your products. If you have a minute swing by my journal, I think it is turning out really well especially for a first time grower. Sorry Flump I don't mean to hijack your thread.

Here's the little gal! Isn't she lovely?
20200121_161406.jpg
20200121_161413.jpg
20200121_161427.jpg
She is loving life right now, Great job bringing her back around. leaf's look good nice posture

Back
Top Bottom