Flump's Grow: Dinamed CBD, 2019/12

I'll watch you flump it up over here....noticed you are mentioning Ph in that first post....forget about it and don't worry about the ph. It doesn't apply with the DBHBB. One of the many perks of this system you chose.

Toss that water, you want to let those pots dry out completely and have those roots searching and grooving to fill up the pot. That is how we get the nice ball of roots. You could toss it into house plants or something like that though.

Overwatering is most common mistake new growers make. Flump...please ignore that chart...it just spells trouble as i've said. U DON'T NEED IT!! Its just gonna create problems. Example...ok...so your plants don't need anything , lets say , but at day %$^&the chart says to give this , or that! WRONG!!! see wat i mean. Just one example...i have dozens.

Flump, to emphasize what the others said, let that pot dry out completely! Credit goes to @DopyLemontree for this description (I think it was you Dopy) the pot should feel like it's filled with feathers, then you know it's bone dry. You'll also notice the plant starting to droop ever so slightly. Your plant will not need water for 3 to 4 weeks! Really!

:passitleft:

Ween and Seedling, :high-five: Plain water is ALL that's needed for the first couple weeks, really. There is loads of goodies in them (pots) at this stage for new seedlings. As Ween just mentioned, once #1's are saturated at planting (done the day before planting) they won't need ANYTHING for at least 2 weeks, usually longer. When the pots feel super light and they need a drink , give plain water, NOTHING else is needed!! Cheers.
Flump, u certainly have some great peeps watching out for ya....:headbanger:

Ween and Seedling, :high-five: Plain water is ALL that's needed for the first couple weeks, really. There is loads of goodies in them (pots) at this stage for new seedlings. As Ween just mentioned, once #1's are saturated at planting (done the day before planting) they won't need ANYTHING for at least 2 weeks, usually longer. When the pots feel super light and they need a drink , give plain water, NOTHING else is needed!! Cheers.
Flump, u certainly have some great peeps watching out for ya....:headbanger:
Oh yeah!! All the help is SUPER appreciated. Thanks a lot people - I'll get there!! :thanks::cheer:

Welcome Hemp Glad to have you here on 420mag. I Love this place. I tried a couple other forums but this has more members that replied so I stuck around and I am SO Glad I did. I call this place home now. The members here are Great and make this such a nice place to be. Check out some Journals and make one when you are ready.
Nice :) Ty for the welcome PCaddict! I'll look around for sure.

A word about dunking pots with the wet/dry cycle.

when the containers are very dry----full of feathers is a great description. Thanks @DopyLemontree ------mix up the drench at full strength x2. IE DOUBLE strength.

Make sure you can submerge the container at 3/4 the way under water.
Pour enough water down the top while the small container is submerge to create a bubbling situation.
When the bubbling stops, the container is fully moistened....

Take it OUT OF THE WATER and tilt it this way and that to get rid of excess water and you're done.

The worst thing you can do is over water at this point.......and the best and fastest way to over water is to leave the plant in the dunk mixture for too long. Once it is saturated, encourage it to drain and leave it alone.

Morning!! It's alive!! :yahoo:

I watered from the top when I planted the seed. I'm interested in learning the dunking method. I need to get some more bucket... I'm sure this has been asked before.... but how do you do it without wasting lots of water/nutrients? :hmmmm:

20191205_080214(0).jpg

Morning!! It's alive!! :yahoo:

I watered from the top when I planted the seed. I'm interested in learning the dunking method. I need to get some more bucket... I'm sure this has been asked before.... but how do you do it without wasting lots of water/nutrients? :hmmmm:

20191205_080214(0).jpg
At this stage some of us are using straight water for the first couple weeks. That is a good way to not be wasting the products. As @Duggan would say....there is tons of good stuff in the soil already nothing more is needed. I used straight RO for the first two or three weeks with nothing but good things happening.

20191204_191543.jpg

Also....you just have one plant? I wouldn't bother dunking....if you are using product....just slowly top feed and keep track of how much it takes to saturate the soil fully. That way you don't mix up too much.

I'd like to clear up some misinformation. This is important and it could very well impact the success of the grow!

1. Dunking and draining is the single best way to grow roots, which is the absolute most important thing we can do in veg.
2. Directions and even a video are on my website How we water
3. Pouring water down the top will actually waste more product than dunking, because in order to saturate the medium with no dry spots you'll have to pour and pour and pour.....That's why we dunk!
4. As we drain the container after the dunk, the liquid leaving the bottom of the container draws in fresh air from the top......roots love this and we love roots.

I'm not sure where the "fresh water only" thing started, but that's not what I do. Initially, you want to use Transplant upon planting the clone or seed. Then, when the plant has 5 internodes....no later....could go earlier....start with the drench cycle.

If you find a coffee can or a bowl, so that the container sits about 3/4 under water, you can dunk with minimal waste and maximum effect.

Back
Top Bottom