Fluoridated & Chlorinated Water

And this toxic chemical you refer to is ? fluorosilicic acid? A little research and knowledge of chemistry and you'd find out quickly, I might add that fluorosilicic acid reacts instantly with water to produce HF and silica, The HF being so reactive that it reacts with any mineralization in the water to produces Fluoride salts. By the time the water gets to you there is no HF left in the water.
HOWEVER, Sodium Fluoride (NaF) is another animal entirely, it can cause issues with hypercalcification of teeth, bones and ligaments ONLY when absorbed excessively... You'd really need to eat a fair bit (several g's) to cause those symptoms. When used in very small amounts it is extremely beneficial for teeth and bones. I have had no cavities due to NaF treatment... my teeth are perfect.. I am 39..

I really wouldn't worry about Fluorides... You have more to worry about like
Radon Progeny of NORM (naturally occurring radioactive material) in your natural rock phosphate fertilizers which are very significant can cause long term health effects. Rn Progenies are mostly Alpha emitters and when absorbed into lung tissue are known to cause lung/ blood cancers. I am shocked to find that people who grow don't realize this.

And this toxic chemical you refer to is ? fluorosilicic acid? A little research and knowledge of chemistry and you'd find out quickly, I might add that fluorosilicic acid reacts instantly with water to produce HF and silica, The HF being so reactive that it reacts with any mineralization in the water to produces Fluoride salts. By the time the water gets to you there is no HF left in the water.
HOWEVER, Sodium Fluoride (NaF) is another animal entirely, it can cause issues with hypercalcification of teeth, bones and ligaments ONLY when absorbed excessively... You'd really need to eat a fair bit (several g's) to cause those symptoms. When used in very small amounts it is extremely beneficial for teeth and bones. I have had no cavities due to NaF treatment... my teeth are perfect.. I am 39..

I really wouldn't worry about Fluorides... You have more to worry about like
Radon Progeny of NORM (naturally occurring radioactive material) in your natural rock phosphate fertilizers which are very significant can cause long term health effects. Rn Progenies are mostly Alpha emitters and when absorbed into lung tissue are known to cause lung/ blood cancers. I am shocked to find that people who grow don't realize this.

So no chance of passing the recommended limits if you don't drink, cook, or bath?
But hey, your teeth are banging at 39....:rofl::cheesygrinsmiley:

I realise it's an old thread but it's popped back up so might aswell...

It's something I know very little about to be honest.
Other than that my tap water comes from a treatment plant a mile away so it's about as clean as tap water gets, 48ppm. Smells like bleach when you smash out a 40l bucket but I don't bother about it. Been drinking it 30 odd years, it tastes amazing and I've never really been ill so who knows.??
I just chuck it straight in the res.
Probably comes out the tap at around 5*c I'd imagine. Bit less maybe. No idea why in 4 years I've never checked that lol. There's a heater in my Res so it gets upto temp quickly anyway.

That's my meanderings as a lazy stoner gardener but regarding the topic.

These chemicals are damaging to crops that rely on microbes for optimum growth. Soil grows, organic , many hydro growers also.

For those like myself who run a sterile Res though it doesn't make the slightest bit of a difference.

I use this stuff. Sm-90.
Kills all bad bacteria...
Kills, as far as I know, all bacteria.
Also works as a pest deterrent due to certain natural oil extracts.
It's a wetting agent, which means it helps all these lovely chemicals meld together and it's wicked for using as a root boost for seedlings.
4 years and never had a single issue with absolutely anything feed related....

15583778725534036479628778632686.jpg

That bottle currently has 6ml in it because they don't make it just now due to a problem with the label.
That's just enough to clean out 1 reservoir and fix it of any problems.
Once I've finished that in going to try a small dose of bleach.
It's effectively the same thing in many aspects.

Again, the misinformation on this thread is quite alarming. Fluorine (elemental) does not exist in nature on its own. Full stop.
I don't think my point has sunk in just yet. The Rock Phosphate fertilizers and some of the nutrition supplements being used in the grow industry have been shown to contain significant amounts of Radioactive decay products from Uranium and Thorium. This is FAR,far more damaging to health than the Fluorosilicic acid.

I didn’t. I knew they were putting stuff in the water supply...

They didn't have to force us here. all they did was put it in little tasty candies and we ate them up just like candy. some of us didn't like them and some of the kids that did would eat them all lmao.

all my teeth are rotten and i took the fluoride. what's it really for eh? lol.

Again, the misinformation on this thread is quite alarming. Fluorine (elemental) does not exist in nature on its own. Full stop.
I don't think my point has sunk in just yet. The Rock Phosphate fertilizers and some of the nutrition supplements being used in the grow industry have been shown to contain significant amounts of Radioactive decay products from Uranium and Thorium. This is FAR,far more damaging to health than the Fluorosilicic acid.
Interesting, I hadn’t thought of that.

They didn't have to force us here. all they did was put it in little tasty candies and we ate them up just like candy. some of us didn't like them and some of the kids that did would eat them all lmao.

all my teeth are rotten and i took the fluoride. what's it really for eh? lol.
Yeah they do it for your teeth... (sarcasm) LOL!
Why would they add it to your “drinking” water.

Flouride causes extreme decay of the "third eye" known as the pineal gland. I dont use toothpaste, and only use the tap water for bathing, watering, and making coffee. My grows used to do far better on well water. I have no cavities either, besides a wisdom tooth I want to rot out purposely(I'm crazy I know). It has nothing to do with growing but the chemicals in shampoos bodywashes and conditioners are astoundingly horrible too.

I think sodium flouride is in our water to keep the masses tamed and dumb. Part of a multi faceted plan.

Just like how the canadian government legalized cannabis to keep people chill and to say "hey, we are cool", while they have tried to take away extreme individual rights under our noses.

know what you mean buddy, I have problems with the tap water in my area so even if sat out could still be potentially poisonous to your plants. I notice that a lot of the bottled / mineral water is full of the nutrients listed above. a lot of guys on here use distilled water, but aint really available where im from (uk) . so the question is what do you do? just make sure bottled water is phd properly? any thoughts chiefs? :rollit:
Boiled tap water = store bought distilled water usa bottled water is tap anyway.

Back
Top Bottom