Flush before Flowering

NickyBongload

Im 30 days into veg with 2 flushes in that time. Before i switch the light cycle to 12/12 should i flush once more and then start adding bloom nutes, or should i introduce the bloom nutrients with some veg nutes as well?

Re: Fush before Flowering

First off, why are you flushing so much?

Flushing when you don't need to just strips away nutes that the plant could be using and causes more harm than good.

I use veg nutes for the first couple weeks of 12/12.

DD

I sure am glad to see someone else say that. I agree 100%.

Flushing seems to be the new buzz word and thing to do, even if they don't know why they are doing it.

Bet they couldn't tell you the difference between flushing and leaching.:hmmmm::rofl:

DD

Flushing seems to be the new buzz word and thing to do, even if they don't know why they are doing it.

Bet they couldn't tell you the difference between flushing and leaching.:hmmmm::rofl:

DD

DD, since you present yourself as knowledgeable (not tactful)
Please explain the difference to us ignorant fools.

In the book GROW GREAT Marijuana by Logan Edward, he says if you manicure the buds very closely, and remove every leaf, then there is no need to Flush, because the mineral-fertilizer-nutrient-clorophyll taste is not stored in the pistils, or calyxes or buds or flowers, but only in the leaves.

In his book, He says
"Preharvest flushing puts the plant(s) under serious stress. The plant has to deal with nutrient deficiencies in a very important part of its cycle. Strong changes in the amount of dissolved substances in the root-zone stress the roots, possibly to the point of direct physical damage to them. Many immobile elements are no more available for further metabolic processes. We are loosing the fan leaves and damage will show likely on new growth as well.

The grower should react in an educated way to the plant needs. Excessive, deficient or unbalanced levels should be avoided regardless the nutrient source. Nutrient levels should be gradually adjusted to the lesser needs in later flowering. Stress factors should be limited as far as possible. If that is accomplished throughout the entire life cycle, there shouldn’t be any excessive nutrient compounds in the plants tissue. It doesn’t sound likely to the author that you can correct growing errors (significant lower mobile nutrient compound levels) with preharvest flushing.

Drying and curing (when done right) on the other hand have proved (In many studies) to have a major impact on taste and flavour, by breaking down chlorophylls and converting starches into sugars. Most attributes blamed on unflushed buds may be the result of unbalanced nutrition and/or overfert and unproper drying/curing. "

I stand by I did flush my first grow and not flush the next 6 grows and I can not tell any difference. I now do not ever flush and never will, I do and will continue to manicure very close and I never get or got any mineral-fertilizer taste in my buds.

DD, since you present yourself as knowledgeable (not tactful)
Please explain the difference to us ignorant fools.

I'm too old to be tactful.:sorry::;):

Ignorance is no sin, but refusing knowledge and staying that way, is.:peacetwo:

I don't flush, but I do leach.

Leaching is sort of a mini flush, mainly watering till you have good runoff, like 30% or so. I always go to runoff, whether watering or adding nutes.

The difference between leaching and flushing is just a matter of degree or amount of water used.

But if you water to runoff (leaching), the salts will not build up to the point where flushing is ever needed, unless you drastically overdo something.

Light waterings, where there is little or no runoff is exactly why salts build up in the first place and too many just want to give their plans 'just a little sip'.

Water the Do Wop out of them, let dry and do it again, or nute, however your schedule works. Mine is water, water, nute, but that's just me.

Hope this helps some. Most of my 'knowledge' as little as it is, comes not from mj, but many years gardening and growing other stuff. It's all the same when you get right down to it, plants are plants.
:peacetwo:

DD

DD, thanks for the deets on the leeching and flushing. I was always taught to water until there is runoff, but never knew that was called qq1q1leeching. Makes sense though.

It's not practical in some grow ops, but we would also overfill the containers so they spill over the top, this also removes excess salts that have build up on the topsoil.

Back
Top Bottom