Flush using molasses or no?

yeah... go figure, right? Big BLoom and Tiger Bloom and even a little bit of Grow Big is used at this stage, and it makes much more sense to go with the entire line if you are going that route, as I believe you should. This shop is doing everything they can to sabotage your soil grow... don't ever trust these people to set you up in hydro.
Well Emilya, here's what I decided upon. I went out of town to another nute shop and they didnt have the FF nutes all on stock so I went with another 3 part nute that the guy told me was the same shit. Thoughts?
Also because I did the flush 2 days ago and it rained today, the soul is still quite wet. Do I wait until it's time to water again before I apply the nutes or should I do it right away? Thinking that my soil is nute free right now or no?

Attachments

• 20190911_204942.jpg
    20190911_204942.jpg
    586.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 20190911_205011.jpg
    20190911_205011.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 57
Interesting post. I have a quick question @Emilya if I can jump in here.

So far I have been using only veg nutes while in veg and only flowering nutes while in flower. Your advice is to use both veg and flowering nutes till harvest. I am about 6-7 weeks out from harvest on my second grow. Will I benefit from adding the veg nutes back into the equation now?
C7D0C3CE-8782-4D9A-91E7-1382FAA4B7E0.jpeg
E585312C-9BC2-4DF3-803C-4B92743FFD3D.jpeg
D688E000-C709-4A61-9386-4553D34CD6D7.jpeg

HI EVERYONE,

AS I HAVE STATED IN MY INTRO. THAT I'M A BIOPHARMACEUTICAL SCIENTIST....THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION WHETHER OR NOT TO USE MOLASSES OR NOT. YES, YES, AND YES! DON'T THINK OF IS AS A FLUSH ( IT'S NOT) BUT RATHER A FINISHING AS WELL AS A REFINING AGENT. THE BEST MOLASSES IS RAW AND THE REASONS ARE PLENTIFUL. WHEN CANNABIS IS IN ITS FINAL STAGES OF BUDDING THE PLANT USES ALL THE AVAILABLE MACRO AS WELL AS MICRO NEUTRIENTS UP. ADDITIONALLY, THE PLANTS IS ALSO UTILIZING ALL ITS SUGARS FROM PHOTOSYNTHESIS TO DEVELOP BIGGER BUDS..... TECHNICALLY THE PLANT DOES SO FOR THE SOUL PURPOSE OF SEED DEVELOPMENT. ANYWAYS, MOLASSES CONTAINS LOTS OF MICRO NUTRIENTS AS WELL AS LOTS OF SUGAR. SO, BY FINISHING WITH MOLASSES YOU WILL HAVE THICKER, TASTIER AND HEALTHIER BUDS. IF YOU WANT MORE INFO. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME.

TAKE A MOMENT AND LOOK AT MY M.T.V PLANTS....ALL WERE FINISHED WITH MOLASSES....I'M 60 AND HAVE BEEN USING MOLASSES FOR 45 YEARS. I CAN THANK MY GRANDFATHER FOR THAT.....

HI EVERYONE,

AS I HAVE STATED IN MY INTRO. THAT I'M A BIOPHARMACEUTICAL SCIENTIST....THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION WHETHER OR NOT TO USE MOLASSES OR NOT. YES, YES, AND YES! DON'T THINK OF IS AS A FLUSH ( IT'S NOT) BUT RATHER A FINISHING AS WELL AS A REFINING AGENT. THE BEST MOLASSES IS RAW AND THE REASONS ARE PLENTIFUL. WHEN CANNABIS IS IN ITS FINAL STAGES OF BUDDING THE PLANT USES ALL THE AVAILABLE MACRO AS WELL AS MICRO NEUTRIENTS UP. ADDITIONALLY, THE PLANTS IS ALSO UTILIZING ALL ITS SUGARS FROM PHOTOSYNTHESIS TO DEVELOP BIGGER BUDS..... TECHNICALLY THE PLANT DOES SO FOR THE SOUL PURPOSE OF SEED DEVELOPMENT. ANYWAYS, MOLASSES CONTAINS LOTS OF MICRO NUTRIENTS AS WELL AS LOTS OF SUGAR. SO, BY FINISHING WITH MOLASSES YOU WILL HAVE THICKER, TASTIER AND HEALTHIER BUDS. IF YOU WANT MORE INFO. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME.

TAKE A MOMENT AND LOOK AT MY M.T.V PLANTS....ALL WERE FINISHED WITH MOLASSES....I'M 60 AND HAVE BEEN USING MOLASSES FOR 45 YEARS. I CAN THANK MY GRANDFATHER FOR THAT.....
I have been using molasses since the girls started to produce their first pistils and using every time I water not just when I water with nutes. Pros and cons to that?

Interesting post. I have a quick question @Emilya if I can jump in here.

So far I have been using only veg nutes while in veg and only flowering nutes while in flower. Your advice is to use both veg and flowering nutes till harvest. I am about 6-7 weeks out from harvest on my second grow. Will I benefit from adding the veg nutes back into the equation now?
I don't know where I advised that one should use both veg and flower nutes in flower, but wherever that was, I was in error. My suspicion is that you didn't read something quite the way I intended it. No, I would NOT advise bringing veg nutes back in, unless that is the recommendation of the nute manufacturers themselves. Fox Farm for example uses a little bit of Grow Big all throughout the grow, because the needs for Nitrogen never quite go away even in Flower. They recommend using a lot less of it at this stage, but I think if you examine any popular synthetic nute line you will find that even in the flowering mixes, they include small amounts of what you are considering to be "veg nutes." Maybe adjust your perception of these nutes as "growth nutes" instead?

FOR THE SOUL PURPOSE OF SEED DEVELOPMENT
loved the double entendre there by the way :) Thanks for the input and the reminder that a lot of the benefit from molasses comes from the trace elements that it both has and that the plants need for full bud development! I am of the firm belief that we still don't know what we don't know about the actual needs of a weed in full bloom, and that certain trace elements available in volcanic soils and indeed brought in with inputs as complex as molasses or dandelion extract, (remember the SuperThrive product too) are key to achieving a full expression of this plant's abilities.

Well Emilya, here's what I decided upon. I went out of town to another nute shop and they didnt have the FF nutes all on stock so I went with another 3 part nute that the guy told me was the same shit. Thoughts?
Also because I did the flush 2 days ago and it rained today, the soul is still quite wet. Do I wait until it's time to water again before I apply the nutes or should I do it right away? Thinking that my soil is nute free right now or no?
Have you ever used this stuff Emilya?

I will throw my 2c in, just so that you have heard it once. I come from a new school of thought; that is derived of old school methods and new school research and testing.
:reading420magazine:
I used to also believe in giving only water, or of course water with molasses, at the end. I did it many many times and had great success in those grows and truly believed that this was the way to do things. I however did not call this starvation diet at the end, a flush. A flush to us old school folks means moving 3x the container size of water through the soil, so as to cleanse the soil of any old nutes, debris from broken down organics, and salt from the breakdown of synthetic nutes. In the old days we clearly recognized two processes that were separate and distinct from each other... the flush cleansed the soil and the starvation diet at the end cleansed the plants.
Now thanks to modern science, you know, that pesky thing that has allows us today to grow much stronger pot than ever before, has done testing on our buds after harvest. It has been determined that this starvation diet does nothing to change the taste of our final buds after curing. It is a waste of time and an error in thought to believe that we can or should cleanse the plant at the end.
There is however, a proper time to do a proper flush. Any time during the grow when you see water use stagnate when using synthetic nutes, it is very possibly that the salts have built up to the point that it restricts water uptake into the roots. A quick 3x flush on your water only day clears the soil and gets things going full speed again.

One of the most important times to do a flush is in the last 2 weeks of the grow, when the buds have entered into the final stretch, where they can double in size and weight. Full uptake and full nutes can be used to great effect during this time, and I now know that much more massive and flavorful yields can be achieved by feeding right up to the end. Giving a proper flush right before the final push toward completion can supercharge this process.

People who do not want to go to this effort will say that they don't flush at the end and did just fine, or that they give only water for the last week or even two, and got a great yield. Just imagine what could have happened if you used the finishing nutes to supercharge this ending after a properly timed proper flush, giving the plant everything it could use to finish, along with massive amounts of water! Those who are skeptical should try a side by side test of these new methods... you will see. Ask any organic soil grower... they already know what plants look and taste like that are fed right up to the end.
:peace::love:

Thanks ms. Emilya, I just stumbled upon this. I'm going earmark this and save it.

I am VERY skeptical that it is the same shit, matter of fact the way it is labeled we know it is not the same as FoxFarm... and I am afraid you got taken advantage of by another hydro shop. Is this stuff even for soil? What is its operating pH range? There is nothing worse that trying to run hydro nutes in soil if they are not designed to work that way. Sorry to be so much of a drag here about this, but you need to know how common this problem with grow shops is... you can not treat any of them as experts. The only thing they are expert in is convincing you to buy their equipment and to grow hydroponically, because then they have you... you will need nutes all the time, meters galore and so many ways to fail in a grow it boggles the mind as to why anyone would try this outside of a lab. It is my desire to keep growing simple and inexpensive so that anyone can grow their own medicine... these guys hate folks like me.

FoxFarm works so well because they basically have 2 nutes... a grow nute and a flowering nute. Then they have a magic third member of their trio, Big Bloom, which actually isn't even a nutrient... it is organic magic that is applied every time you fertilize, just full of microbes and good organic stuff to make the nutes work even better. This one product is why I am still, after all these years of using it and then moving toward organic growing, still a big fan of the Fox Farm system of nutes. Your new 3 part system has nothing of this sort in it.

So... damage control.... does this system you just bought into even have a recommendation on how to mix this stuff per each week of the grow, or are you on your own trying to figure it out? Again, I am very curious what they recommend as far as the pH to come in at in soil and if their nutes can even break out of their salt bonds in the 6.2-6.8 range.

I am VERY skeptical that it is the same shit, matter of fact the way it is labeled we know it is not the same as FoxFarm... and I am afraid you got taken advantage of by another hydro shop. Is this stuff even for soil? What is its operating pH range? There is nothing worse that trying to run hydro nutes in soil if they are not designed to work that way. Sorry to be so much of a drag here about this, but you need to know how common this problem with grow shops is... you can not treat any of them as experts. The only thing they are expert in is convincing you to buy their equipment and to grow hydroponically, because then they have you... you will need nutes all the time, meters galore and so many ways to fail in a grow it boggles the mind as to why anyone would try this outside of a lab. It is my desire to keep growing simple and inexpensive so that anyone can grow their own medicine... these guys hate folks like me.

FoxFarm works so well because they basically have 2 nutes... a grow nute and a flowering nute. Then they have a magic third member of their trio, Big Bloom, which actually isn't even a nutrient... it is organic magic that is applied every time you fertilize, just full of microbes and good organic stuff to make the nutes work even better. This one product is why I am still, after all these years of using it and then moving toward organic growing, still a big fan of the Fox Farm system of nutes. Your new 3 part system has nothing of this sort in it.

So... damage control.... does this system you just bought into even have a recommendation on how to mix this stuff per each week of the grow, or are you on your own trying to figure it out? Again, I am very curious what they recommend as far as the pH to come in at in soil and if their nutes can even break out of their salt bonds in the 6.2-6.8 range.

It looks like a good system then and I would follow the instructions to the letter. it is not Fox farms but I may have to take it back that you got taken advantage of... It appears to be a well-thought-out scientific system with a complete Grow schedule attached. Good luck with it and let's see what happens!

It looks like a good system then and I would follow the instructions to the letter. it is not Fox farms but I may have to take it back that you got taken advantage of... It appears to be a well-thought-out scientific system with a complete Grow schedule attached. Good luck with it and let's see what happens!
That's what I thought too. I was after the FF trio but they didnt have BB so I thought it would be best to stick to a trio all from the same manufacturer. Time will tell..and approaching very fast!

In my gardens, if I'm going to reuse my medium for another run, I use molasse/tea/water right up to the day I cull them.
If I had reused the medium a few cycles, and it's going outdoors to be dumped into the veggie garden, just water to the culling.
My outdoor garden, is just teaming with microbes and goodies in the soil. leaf bugs will show you good your soil is, full of holes, microbe up! Every single person ask's me what spray do you use, you have no bug holes! Never have never will.
I switched to strictly organic items a few years ago now, giving up the PurePro Blend series.
Someone asked about adding both grow and bloom together, when I was using PPB, the first 3 weeks of flower got a half/half mix, what I called the transition time....it's also on the package.
Now with organics, all that is gone for me. I use the same mix, from 6 points to culling.....always with some molasses.
Happy gardening.

I will throw my 2c in, just so that you have heard it once. I come from a new school of thought; that is derived of old school methods and new school research and testing.
:reading420magazine:
I used to also believe in giving only water, or of course water with molasses, at the end. I did it many many times and had great success in those grows and truly believed that this was the way to do things. I however did not call this starvation diet at the end, a flush. A flush to us old school folks means moving 3x the container size of water through the soil, so as to cleanse the soil of any old nutes, debris from broken down organics, and salt from the breakdown of synthetic nutes. In the old days we clearly recognized two processes that were separate and distinct from each other... the flush cleansed the soil and the starvation diet at the end cleansed the plants.
Now thanks to modern science, you know, that pesky thing that has allows us today to grow much stronger pot than ever before, has done testing on our buds after harvest. It has been determined that this starvation diet does nothing to change the taste of our final buds after curing. It is a waste of time and an error in thought to believe that we can or should cleanse the plant at the end.
There is however, a proper time to do a proper flush. Any time during the grow when you see water use stagnate when using synthetic nutes, it is very possibly that the salts have built up to the point that it restricts water uptake into the roots. A quick 3x flush on your water only day clears the soil and gets things going full speed again.

One of the most important times to do a flush is in the last 2 weeks of the grow, when the buds have entered into the final stretch, where they can double in size and weight. Full uptake and full nutes can be used to great effect during this time, and I now know that much more massive and flavorful yields can be achieved by feeding right up to the end. Giving a proper flush right before the final push toward completion can supercharge this process.

People who do not want to go to this effort will say that they don't flush at the end and did just fine, or that they give only water for the last week or even two, and got a great yield. Just imagine what could have happened if you used the finishing nutes to supercharge this ending after a properly timed proper flush, giving the plant everything it could use to finish, along with massive amounts of water! Those who are skeptical should try a side by side test of these new methods... you will see. Ask any organic soil grower... they already know what plants look and taste like that are fed right up to the end.
:peace::love:
You are dead on point here. :thumb: :Namaste:

I use molasses the entire grow right up till I start to flush. I end use of molasses just like you would stop adding any other carb/sugar and flush with PHed water.
Try using maple syrup blends. The sugars from maple syrup are easier for cannabis plants to uptake then molasses. Plus molasses helps darken your concentrates if you plan on blasting. :snowboating::Namaste::green_heart:

Try using maple syrup blends. The sugars from maple syrup are easier for cannabis plants to uptake then molasses. Plus molasses helps darken your concentrates if you plan on blasting. :snowboating::Namaste::green_heart:

thanks elmer, how much per gallon?

Back
Top Bottom