Flushed too early? Week 6 flower pics, should I resume nutes now?

Some photos from today, kinda gutted at the yellowing leaves, but at the same time admiring the wild look, prolly never flush my flowers ever

Edit: didn't know the forums doesn't accept ig media. Will embed other ways in future posts

Yea it took me a few grows to figure dry n cure. Your gonna get a better feel for it soon. But yea dry it out a week or so but monitor it closely . I personally will cut 2 days out of my hang time so i can trim and brown bag it a day or so . U wanna leach the water out. Like others said ig u can get a hygrometer off amaxon their like 10 or 20 of em for a few bucks. And if you get bovedas. Dont get the big ones for your mason jars get the 8 grams or the 1 size up. Those bovedas are for when u got ur humidity down around where u want it. I ise the 62 bovedas but im thinking of trying the 58 rh bovedas. Itll keep all your bud good and also helps cure it id say alot but im kinda still in awe of those bovedas. Gl friend

Right there with you bro lol. Just pop thrm jars after its dried enough. Enough as in least hang dry for so long. Theres all kinds of drying and curing techniques best is the old school way with mason jars. You might get scared sometimes cause the smell goes away for awhile but once its been in that jar awhile and u keep poppin it. Itll slow dry and water will leach out of those buds. I usually put 2 of those hygrometers and 1 boveda in the jars after trimming from hang drying. Like right now my buds arent damp but there not dry. I pop my jars twice a day 1st few days ill keep the jar open depending what my hygrometer says. I hate drying my weed out completely then trying to cure it . I rather have sticky bud for a day or 2 not too clumpin togrther but. And thats why i say it takes time to get a feel for it. But dont worry just takes time. Smoke a piece time to time see where its at. But the hygrometers are gonna tell u specifically. I use a 62% bovesa but im starting to think of using the 58% at 62 ur buds soft.

Attachments

• 158810046233874279501554863202.jpg
    158810046233874279501554863202.jpg
    625.2 KB · Views: 35
Right there with you bro lol. Just pop thrm jars after its dried enough. Enough as in least hang dry for so long. Theres all kinds of drying and curing techniques best is the old school way with mason jars. You might get scared sometimes cause the smell goes away for awhile but once its been in that jar awhile and u keep poppin it. Itll slow dry and water will leach out of those buds. I usually put 2 of those hygrometers and 1 boveda in the jars after trimming from hang drying. Like right now my buds arent damp but there not dry. I pop my jars twice a day 1st few days ill keep the jar open depending what my hygrometer says. I hate drying my weed out completely then trying to cure it . I rather have sticky bud for a day or 2 not too clumpin togrther but. And thats why i say it takes time to get a feel for it. But dont worry just takes time. Smoke a piece time to time see where its at. But the hygrometers are gonna tell u specifically. I use a 62% bovesa but im starting to think of using the 58% at 62 ur buds soft.

Getting a bit nervous now! But seeing you have so many jars i guess I can steal a taste as they cure and try to consume the last jars as late as I can. Make mental notes of the difference etc. I just started shopping for the jars and mini meters and watching lotsa YouTube, gonna start posting a journal too thanks mate!

Awesome bro. Yea they say cure will amke and break a harvest. It can but if ur watching ur jars everyday and you didnt throw em in their wet ull be aok i like a little bit of moisture like 70 rh . I can bring it down in a few days and its still slowly drying but most peoppe shoot around 65 i think. Dude once u get a hygrometer in there ull know exactly what to do. Once u hang dry it though and keep in jar for a week popping em ur weeds gonna be good to smoke. Yea u can take 1 to 3 month for a good cure but even a week long cure after drying will make ur weed ok. But itll get better the longer u cure it. Its amazing to see how some decent bud goes to fire weed after a cure. Those boveda packs gonna make it 10x easier.

Awesome bro. Yea they say cure will amke and break a harvest. It can but if ur watching ur jars everyday and you didnt throw em in their wet ull be aok i like a little bit of moisture like 70 rh . I can bring it down in a few days and its still slowly drying but most peoppe shoot around 65 i think. Dude once u get a hygrometer in there ull know exactly what to do. Once u hang dry it though and keep in jar for a week popping em ur weeds gonna be good to smoke. Yea u can take 1 to 3 month for a good cure but even a week long cure after drying will make ur weed ok. But itll get better the longer u cure it. Its amazing to see how some decent bud goes to fire weed after a cure. Those boveda packs gonna make it 10x easier.

Well noted! Actually only heard about curing for weeks this month, all this while I assumed it was ripe to smoke rignt after drying! I didn't expect to add another 2 weeks to the timeline for a first taste! But I'll survive hehe thanks!

If you are using synthetic nutes I would recommend flushing the pot with 3x the pot size of water. Example 5 gallon pot with 15 gallons of plain water. This will remove all of the salts left behind by the synthetic nutes. Then feed the plant based off your schedule. The salt can lockout nutrients if allowed to build up. When using synthetic nutes you should water to about 10% runoff which will flush some of the salts out. Then you should do a full flush with 3x the pot size about every 2 weeks. The term flushing to some how wash nutrients out of the buds is just starving your plants at the end when they are putting on most of their weight. Your plants do look good though. Good job

If you are using synthetic nutes I would recommend flushing the pot with 3x the pot size of water. Example 5 gallon pot with 15 gallons of plain water. This will remove all of the salts left behind by the synthetic nutes. Then feed the plant based off your schedule. The salt can lockout nutrients if allowed to build up. When using synthetic nutes you should water to about 10% runoff which will flush some of the salts out. Then you should do a full flush with 3x the pot size about every 2 weeks. The term flushing to some how wash nutrients out of the buds is just starving your plants at the end when they are putting on most of their weight. Your plants do look good though. Good job

Thanks mate, I don't use synthetic yet. Just basic Cal, bloom, tap water. But, I have noticed the salt along the rim of the pot!

I also noticed moss-like dark green coating on the top soil! But this was before I flushed last week. The green top soil is gone but the salt rim remain, maybe it wasn't washed out. there was never really any noticeable growth issue so I ignored it.

Just posted a thread here on today's progress actually I'd you like to take a look! Also listed grow details of this lemon og, thanks mate!

Thanks mate, I don't use synthetic yet. Just basic Cal, bloom, tap water. But, I have noticed the salt along the rim of the pot!

I also noticed moss-like dark green coating on the top soil! But this was before I flushed last week. The green top soil is gone but the salt rim remain, maybe it wasn't washed out. there was never really any noticeable growth issue so I ignored it.

Just posted a thread here on today's progress actually I'd you like to take a look! Also listed grow details of this lemon og, thanks mate!
The green stuff sounds like algae. You can prevent that by covering the pot to block the light and it can also be killed with hydrogen peroxide, but it will keep coming back if the top of the soil is too wet for too long and light.

thanks bro! old growers tale are the worst! Thank you for debunking this!
i'll be refeeding them today!

reading a lot on curing as well, would appreciate any pro tip here if any!
i'm thinking 3 days, in a dark box with exhaust fan for negative pressure would do the trick, think this is okay?
Just had this discussion yesterday. Here’s a good thread.

The green stuff sounds like algae. You can prevent that by covering the pot to block the light and it can also be killed with hydrogen peroxide, but it will keep coming back if the top of the soil is too wet for too long and light.

Now I know! I might just fabricate a cover for my next grows and that'll help keep some moisture . I wonder if that helps with plant performance.

Thanks!

I’ve never heard of anyone having any trouble from algae growth on the surface. It happens a lot in hemps/perlite grows and most people just leave it, even though it looks a bit unsightly.

Just had this discussion yesterday. Here’s a good thread.

Just read! Sad case for the guy, so it's easy to bone dry the buds if left out for too long.

Holy cow. Now I know why they keep stressing on bending the stem to test. It's not to tell when it's ready but more as a warning before you're too late to jar!!

So if I have a room that averages above 60, I can leave the buds in there to dry and continue without jarring to cure? Of course they need to be stored, but that does that mean I don't need to burp them? Is this possible and is this even better?

Priceless insights! Thanks!!

I’ve never heard of anyone having any trouble from algae growth on the surface. It happens a lot in hemps/perlite grows and most people just leave it, even though it looks a bit unsightly.

I humbly agree, it is unsightly at first and I was concerned. But they disappeared after the flush (that I regretted) and I noticed the soil dries quicker. Looking back, I felt the actual plant was healthier when the algae was on there. Bummer.

So if I have a room that averages above 60, I can leave the buds in there to dry and continue without jarring to cure?

Yes. This is exactly what I do. Dehumidifier is set to 60. I’m heading out on a two or three week trip now and leaving the last couple harvests in the drying box. Will jar it when I get back.

As for ‘burping’... Meh. I don’t anyway. Unless it’s just when I happen to be opening the jar to inspect it or get some bud, and have just had a large meal and a beer....

Yes. This is exactly what I do. Dehumidifier is set to 60. I’m heading out on a two or three week trip now and leaving the last couple harvests in the drying box. Will jar it when I get back.

As for ‘burping’... Meh. I don’t anyway. Unless it’s just when I happen to be opening the jar to inspect it or get some bud, and have just had a large meal and a beer....

Great! Gonna start monitoring my other storage room to get an average.

Well noted on the gas! I much prefer the casual methods so really appreciate such suggestions! Thanks weasel

I feel this has been coming up ALOT over the past week/s. Check this out.

Well noted! Actually only heard about curing for weeks this month, all this while I assumed it was ripe to smoke rignt after drying! I didn't expect to add another 2 weeks to the timeline for a first taste! But I'll survive hehe thanks!
If done itll taste even smoother and smell toyally improves and flavor. If it didnt have major problems itll be good smoke

Back
Top Bottom