Flushing: A Tutorial by Papa Green

I have a feeling this question has an answer that and learning it I'll hit my self in the head and yell DOH afterwards. I did a thread search and came up with nothing. I understand the issue of flushing as never before and I come from the 70s school of hort., and as far as my vocab will allow I get "flushing". I just don't understand this, what does "res" mean? as in "Many folks think flushing is about cleaning out the plants. In an indirect way this is true, but its really much more about your soil and roots andres" .. Or, "Step 1 - Drain your res and refill. Add Clearex at about 20-30ml / Gallon. pH balance to 5.7-6.2 depending on whether you're hydro or soil."

I like soil and pots and so res applies to what in that case? I am feeling dumber by the moment so time to post before I chicken out.

LOL...

Then your really gonna hate yourself Chuck...LOL.

"Res" is simply short for resevour...as in hydro...

Thanks for the smile, I needed that...

I have a feeling this question has an answer that and learning it I'll hit my self in the head and yell DOH afterwards. I did a thread search and came up with nothing. I understand the issue of flushing as never before and I come from the 70s school of hort., and as far as my vocab will allow I get "flushing". I just don't understand this, what does "res" mean? as in "Many folks think flushing is about cleaning out the plants. In an indirect way this is true, but its really much more about your soil and roots andres" .. Or, "Step 1 - Drain your res and refill. Add Clearex at about 20-30ml / Gallon. pH balance to 5.7-6.2 depending on whether you're hydro or soil."

I like soil and pots and so res applies to what in that case? I am feeling dumber by the moment so time to post before I chicken out.

I'm still not sure, how important it is to keep pH in ballance 5,7-6,2 when flushing the very last week before harvest? Or should tap water (with pH whaterver it is) be fine? Thanks :)

What's the difference between flushing and over watering? I'm guessing the latter is systematic.

Sent from my GT-S7275B using 420

I have a question,and If anyone can help It would mean to me a lot. Can I put Ph down directly into the tap water? I know that you normally put ph down with nutes,and It balance It well,but what about putting it straight? I am asking because my flushing period should start in a couple of days. Is that ok or no? Thank you!

What if I watered last night, with ph'd water and molasses., one gal to one tablespoon. I noticed the trichomes are milky, and only the top top node/leaves have amber coming thru. It's my first grow with the complete line of Fox farms. It's Gorilla Glue #4. More info let me know I will post. I'm looking for a less couch lock. The top trichomes might be amber from the leds 300w.

Thank a veteran.

I use nutrients and wk 8-10 I flush my plants - tricombes are not amber but milky and will turn 25-30% amber over next 14-20 days- I'm on grassy city forum Bigpharmasux got pics and step by step albums of photos- I want my fan leaves to yellow off as they are still metallic green and full of nitrogen so since my fat budded out plant has no food/nutes in the soil it will now "canabilize" eat/feed off the nutrients stored in the fan leaves and turn yellow and crispy. Now my plant/bud is clean- u know when your ash burns white- black or dark ash means left over salts and fertilizer - smooth smoke with nice high is all we need- hope that helps- google image properly flushed/ cannabis plants with crazy colors

Hi folks, I throwing out this SOS on a couple of forums and I'm hoping to get some info. From the looks of things I have a serious problem with a zinc deficiency, and I'm starting to think I may have created a nute lockout when I changed from grow to flower nutrients. In the past 5 days my leaves have gone from photo 1 to photo 2 and my lower leaves are turning yellow and crispy brown. I'm thinking I need to flush does everybody agree?

My tap water Ph is about 7.5 and I'm growing in a good potting soil/perlite mix in 5 gal cloth geo pots the girls are in their 5th week of flower (CKS says 9 weeks of flower to harvest). Do I need to ph all 10 gallons of the flush water? How quickly should I complete flushing 1 hour, 1 day? Once flushing is complete, how soon can I add 1/2 strength cal mag and terpinator?

Photo1

P9116970c.JPG

Photo 2

P9207022c.JPG

Photo 3

P9207029c.JPG

When in doubt flush it out. Even before you reach out for help. Also get yourself some SLF-100. It helps with breaking down salt deposits which form on the roots creating a lock out situation.

Thanks Renegade I ran about 8 or 9 gallons of distilled water Ph'd to 6.5, through her today just before lights on. I'm just starting to see some trichomes forming and I'd hate to loose her now. Any chance that some of the sugar leaves will recover?

i am new and i grow outside only....i have found some pieces of the bud that have gone to dust..which i was told was mould..so if that is correct should i harvest the crop now....or just remove the bad pieces..i am growing purple kush and the buds are huge..i am thinking it is time to harvest because of my growing time according to crop king book time is up

Well folks, looks like my flush may have come a little too late. :oops: The leaf edges are continuing to turn yellow and the condition is starting to appear in some of the secondary leaves close to the flowers. I'm going to try another flush and see what happens. Surprisingly enough I'm continuing to see the pistils turning red and trichome development in the buds as you can see. I'm tempted just to lollipop the whole plant but apparently I've still got about 3 weeks to full development of my buds. Does anyone suspect that it might be the buds drawing nutrients away from the rest of the plant? Could it be the answer is more nutes rather than less?

Either way with the trichomes I can see it won't be a total waste of my time, but I really wanted to go for a higher CBD content this year which requires full maturity before harvest.

P9267038.JPG
P9207022c.JPG
P9267039.JPG
P9267045.JPG
P9267040cc.JPG

Back
Top Bottom