Flushing - Do PPM's and pH matter?

onestickz

Sup 420

I have a question aimed towards dwc. When doing your final flush, do the ppm's and ph matter?
I know that the ph should be between 5.8 to 6.5 and ppm's very from 250 to 1500, depending on the strain and what stage of the plants life cycle your in, I like to keep them under 1000 or 1100. Now when flushing, from what I read and hear is that your supposed to keep the res water as close to zero as possible. Is this true? And if so, why should the ph matter. No nutes are being used, so there's no need to balance that all out, so that the plant can feed properly. All remaining nutes are all in the plant so nute up taking from the roots is pointless, right?
I'm looking for the right answer to this or something close. Thanks in advance for the info. :thumb:

The plants not only take up nutrients better but use them better as well when ph is in the proper range

All remaining nutes are all in the plant so nute up taking from the roots is pointless, right?

There are things it could be taking up like sugars to help with a few things so the roots are not useless.

Plus transpiration is a necessary function for photosynthesis, so the roots are still doing something. But the need for them to be in bloom nute pH levels is not so strict. Just not crazy high or low will be fine for the flush.

In general you are correct in principal that the pH for a flush is not critical... but for it to "flush" the plant the plant must transpire to enable photosynthesis.

The point of flush is to use up as much of the nutrients stored up in the leaves. But it can't do that is there is no photosynthesis happening.

Back
Top Bottom